• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

City must be getting on 20 huge money deals in that period. Upgrading positions with elite players window after window.

Our only realistic path to success is starting the failed cycle again... signing young promising talents like Torreira & bringing through our youth.

Yes , and you have to show patience and loyalty to nurture and develop them .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't see what the big deal is. I merely said I wasn't going to feel sorry for a professional footballer who will still be making a ton of money when there are people in the world with real problems. I honestly don't get why this is such a disaster either for Jack or the club. Missing him is fine. Wishing he would stay is fine. I get all that, even if I don't particularly share the sentiment. But feeling sorry for a guy because the new coach wouldn't guarantee him playing time and he made the decision -- himself, on his own -- to move to another club just makes no sense to me whatsoever. If you do consider this a terrible disaster and you weep for Jack's horrible, unspeakable fate, then fine. That's alright with me. I'm not the one trying to tell you how to feel. But don't tell me how to feel either. I'm not going to feel sorry for him just because you tell me I should.

Allow me to quote myself here:

You see, I didn't say that you shouldn't feel sorry for Jack. I said that I won't feel too sorry for him. You're free to feel however you want about it. But I can feel however I want about it as well. See how that works? So stop telling me how I should feel.

Ffs, i'm really not telling you how to feel. At no point have I told you that you should feel sad. I'm starting to think you're not actually reading my posts or bothering to grasp what I've said, so let's just leave it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Still think he will , that extra yard he used to have could return in the next one or two season if he stays fit .
I think Jack could come good as well but that won;t happen here. Can;t see Emery having the patience Wenger did with him. New man has new pressures and it is clear by the change behind the scenes that the pressure on the manager has been somewhat ramped up a little.

Can;t say I am unhappy with that. Sucks for Jack but he'll bounce back.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Goodbye, loved you here! Had so much high hopes! Wonder what would've been if not for your goddamn ankle :(.

Wish you all the best, you were a real gooner and showed real fight here!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think Jack could come good as well but that won;t happen here. Can;t see Emery having the patience Wenger did with him. New man has new pressures and it is clear by the change behind the scenes that the pressure on the manager has been somewhat ramped up a little.

Can;t say I am unhappy with that. Sucks for Jack but he'll bounce back.

No won't happen here , think it will take another season before he back to peak physically . Unai can't afford to have passengers , his own neck is on the line here .

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I don't know why some people are using Emery as the main reason Wilshere is leaving. The club offered him a new deal more than 6 months ago, Wenger asked him to sign it a few time publicly in the press. But Wilshere was waiting for an improved offer/guaranteed key role, and we offered neither.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't know why some people are using Emery as the main reason Wilshere is leaving. The club offered him a new deal more than 6 months ago, Wenger asked him to sign it a few time publicly in the press. But Wilshere was waiting for an improved offer/guaranteed key role, but we offered neither.
Because Emery has clearly let Jack know that even though the offer remains he will not be as liberally used by Unai as he was by Wenger. Pretty clear as day that. Jack even referenced it in his tweet.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was it the 15/16 season that he got another hairline fracture at the start season?

That would probably be the saddest and worst one for me. Before that IIRC he'd just came back in May and was banging in the goals for Arsenal and England.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Was it the 15/16 season that he got another hairline fracture at the start season?

That would probably be the saddest and worst one for me. Before that IIRC he'd just came back in May and was banging in the goals for Arsenal and England.

Yeah. He had been one of England's best players in the qualifiers before the injury. Hodgson still took him to the euros even though he had missed majority of the season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Was getting loads of assists from deep postions as well.

Wilshere1010

tenor.gif

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He's a story of what could have been. Bags of talent - excellent dribbling, solid passing and a great awareness under pressure. I liked him, and I really liked his early years here and was very optimistic. It would've been great to have a home grown, passionate star at the helm of the club but it wasn't to be. Injuries and I have to say I think the role of the club in developing him was his ruin - particularly an injured period where he gained a lot of muscle, and since lost a yard of pace was was left puffing by 60 minutes every game. I also think that, despite his visible talent there's much more to making it. He didn't develop a well rounded enough game for CM and isn't productive enough for AM. Sometimes it's less about the tools at your disposal and more about how you can use them in relation to your team/manager.

I'm not sad at this stage because it's expected and the right decision, I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

morpho

Established Member
Maybe I interpret this the wrong way here, but just read Wilsheres whole tweet... If he was so much a Arsenal-at-heart as claimed, was it nice of him to let everyone know its single handidly the new managers fault he is leaving? He surely knew the potential bad influence it could/can create... Sorry Jack, ur just not good enough. Not for the national team. And not for Arsenal. So quit complaining, and do something about it!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Maybe I interpret this the wrong way here, but just read Wilsheres whole tweet... If he was so much a Arsenal-at-heart as claimed, was it nice of him to let everyone know its single handidly the new managers fault he is leaving? He surely knew the potential bad influence it could/can create... Sorry Jack, ur just not good enough. Not for the national team. And not for Arsenal. So quit complaining, and do something about it!
Not sure its towards Emery directly but certainly figures & exits that have annoyed the likes of Jack, Wenger, Lehmann & others still at the club.

BobP

Memri Fan
I don't know why some people are using Emery as the main reason Wilshere is leaving. The club offered him a new deal more than 6 months ago, Wenger asked him to sign it a few time publicly in the press. But Wilshere was waiting for an improved offer/guaranteed key role, and we offered neither.

Some posters are searching for any stick to beat post-Wenger Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom