• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Harry Hunter

Leno £20m
Sokratis £16m
Söyüncü £35m
Lichensteiner Free
N’zonzi £35m
Torreira £10m
Martins Free
Total = £116m

Goalkeepers: Leno, Cech, Virginia

Defenders: Bellerin, Lichensteiner, Sokratis, Mustafi, Söyüncü, Chambers, Mavrapanos, Monreal, Kolašinac

Midfielders: Özil, Mkhikitaryan, Ramsey, N’zonzi, Torreira, Xhaka, Elneny, Maitland Niles, Willock,

Forwards: Aubameyang, Lacazette, Iwobi, Martins, Nketiah, Nelson

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Lichtsteiner
Torreira
Leno
Sokratis
Soyuncu
Martial
Malinkovic-Savic

Goalkeepers: Leno, Cech, Macey

Defenders: Montreal, Kolasinac, Bellerin, Lichtsteiner, Mustafi, Chambers, Mavropanos, Sokratis, Soyuncu.

Midfielders: Ramsey, Milinkovic-Savic, Xhaka, Torreira, Maitland-Niles, Willock

Forwards: Özil, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Iwobi, Martial, Nketiah, Nelson

Those not listed are either sold or loaned.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Send Iwobi on loan, I think he's good enough to play here, but not yet. bring in an exciting, young pacey forward - namely Lozano, Pavon, Zaha or Martial.

Sell Holding and bring in an exciting young CB - namely Soyuncu or Pavard.

We don't even massively need a CM, but how can you not get excited by Banega, Golovin or Kovacic as an option? I'd bring in Banega as he's older, cheaper, more experienced, has worked under Emery before and has leadership qualities.

Our squad would be set for years.

In: Leno, Lichtsteiner, Sokratis, Pavard, Banega, Torreira, Lozano - £130m
Out: Ospina, Holding, Per, Wilshere, Santi, Iwobi (loan), Akpom, Campbell, Perez, Welbeck (if he won't sign a new deal) - £65m

Reactions: HBL

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Great points @Impact

I agree, I dont think Mustafi and Xhaka should be starters for us this season, because I dont think they are technically good enough for us to play a fluid game and be able to cope with the pressing game that is prevalent today.

Can you imagine if we switch Ramsey for Kovacic? Jeepers Creepers, we could almost get by with Xhaka starting in the middle and being exposed to the elements.

Probably unlikely but having a rottweiler like Torreira and a Santi like box-box player would be the stuff of dreams.

HBL

Established Member
In
Leno - £19m
Sokratis - £16m
Lichtsteiner - Free
Torreira - £26m
Banega - £15m
Pavon/Guedes - £25m
Pavard - £40m
Total - £141m

Out
Welbeck - £15m
Mustafi - £20m
Perez - £8m
Holding - £10m
Campbell - £5m
Ospina - £5m
Martinez - £2m
Total - £65m

Wouldn’t lose any sleep if we sold Chambers or Elneny either.

Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis - Pavard - Nacho
Xhaka
Ramsey - Torreira
Özil - Aubameyang - Laca/Mkhi

Cech
Lichtsteiner - Mavro - Chambers - Kola
Elneny
Banega - AMN
Nelson - Lacazette - Guedes/Pavon​

Plus Nketiah, Iwobi, Kosc and Virginia as our 3rd keeper.

That’s very good depth, a loan for either Iwobi or Nelson could be an option next season if we sign another winger.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Bizarre isn't it, Özil is probably our best and only truly World class player but he just doesn't seem to fit in any formation I think of except 4-2-3-1 as a classic number 10. Unfortunately I don't think our midfield options are strong enough to play a 2 in midfield and one of Auba/Lacazette has to make way or get shunted to the wing.

Like you I would either sell Özil and buy a player who can play wide forward in a front 3 or sell Ramsey and play Özil in the midfield 3 with Xhaka and Torreira. I just don't see a way to play both of them together regularly.

Cant see Özil leaving at all, I personally wouldnt mind if he went but the contract the club have given him is a huge problem if we were to even attempt selling him.

A club would need to come in for him with a decent fee and be willing to pay him similar to what hes on now, I'm going to take a guess and say that no clubs really came in for him when he was potentially available on a free and willing to offer or match the high wages before he signed otherwise he wouldnt be here, the oppurtunity for clubs to sign Özil without a fee has passed, cant see anyone paying up now and then the wages.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Cant see Özil leaving at all, I personally wouldnt mind if he went but the contract the club have given him is a huge problem if we were to even attempt selling him.

A club would need to come in for him with a decent fee and be willing to pay him similar to what hes on now, I'm going to take a guess and say that no clubs really came in for him when he was potentially available on a free and willing to offer or match the high wages before he signed otherwise he wouldnt be here, the oppurtunity for clubs to sign Özil without a fee has passed, cant see anyone paying up now and then the wages.

Totally agree, never going to happen. I can't think of one club who would pay him £350k per week. We have him until his contract expires I think, just don't feel like he fits in anywhere.

In
Leno - £19m
Sokratis - £16m
Lichtsteiner - Free
Torreira - £26m
Banega -£15 m
Caglar - £30m
Total - £95m

Out

Mustafi - £20m
Perez - £8m
Jenkinson- £6 m
Ospina - £5m
Akpom- £2m
Chambers- £15m
Total - £56

First team
Leno
Belerin, Caglar, Sokratis, Monreal
Ramsey, Torerra, Xhaka
Mhikityarian, Aubameyang, Lacazzette

2nd Team
Cech
Lichsteiner, Holden, Mavrapos, Kolasinac
Banega, Elneny, Iwobi/Niles
Özil, Welbeck, Iwobi/Nelson

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Totally agree, never going to happen. I can't think of one club who would pay him £350k per week. We have him until his contract expires I think, just don't feel like he fits in anywhere.

I think his contract is ridiculous personally, I hope he drastically improves over the next few years and is the main guy of the squad.

A lot of the wages saved by shipping out the deadwood i.e Walcott etc has gone his way and has now been tied up for quite a few years.

Hopefully he can step it up a gear.

JuanCarlosValeron

I would instantly replace Mustafi with Benatia (Pavard is Bayern bound, I am afraid). Both Sokratis and Benatia could partner one of our young CBs. The wingers we have been linked with thus far do not impress me. Lozano may be worth a punt, but the opinions of the people who follow the Eredivisie do not fill me with confidence. However, width is very much needed. Kierran Tierney would provide that. To give him freedom to roam, I would try to bolster the physical state of our midfeld. @dashsnow17 has continuously propagated the idea of signing Zakaria. I would go along with that. He is currently riding the bench in Russia, which could keep his price within our range. Xhaka and Zakaria would most likely not be able to replicate the defensive foundation provided by Vieira and Petit, but should enable us to go toe to toe with the most physical teams (I refuse to yet again be dominated by a team of brutes, i.e. Sp**s) Torreira, Xhaka and Zakaria could take turns joining the front three. I would send Holding out on loan and sell: Ospina, Mustafi, Jenkinson, Kolasinac, Elneny, Welbeck and Ramsey (if he doesn´t extend). If Ramsey remains, Iwobi goes out on loan.

-----------------------------------Lacazette (EN)---------------------------------
--------------Aubameyang (RN)--------------------Özil (AI)------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------Xhaka (AMN)------------------------Zakaria (HM)-------------
---------------------------------------Torreira (JDS)---------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tierney (NM)----------Sokratis (KM)-------Benatia(CC)----Bellerin (SL)
---------------------------------------Leno (PC)------------------------------------

Last edited:

AC-Rf0uF_400x400.jpg

shuttle6.gif

OSIRIS_Mars_true_color.jpg

latest
maxresdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

avalonhse

Wish we buy Donnarumma, who will be the best next 10 years.

Now is the best time to buy him, much cheaper than last year and he will be pricier next year.

PortugueseFan

For my wish list in Arsenal i will say:
- Rafael Leão (From Sporting clube portugal)
- Dembelé (From Celtic)
- Shaqiri (From Stoke City)
- Arana (Sevilha)
PS: For those who want Gonçalo Guedes, be careful, because he has 50/50 to became a flop. Its a good player, but i dont want him in Arsenal.

I believe so, when it came to light that Arséne visited him at home personally to recruit him.

There were rumors of us bidding 110 M last summer I think.

Believe it or not, the summer before last summer, when United signed Martial, we tried. We could have signed Mbappé for 300k(I think it was, pretty bizarre figure, must be higher) but he thought him self he was to young to leave.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

There were rumors of us bidding 110 M last summer I think.

Believe it or not, the summer before last summer, when United signed Martial, we tried. We could have signed Mbappé for 300k(I think it was, pretty bizarre figure, must be higher) but he thought him self he was to young to leave.

From 300k to 110m in one summer, that's mad.

This kid's going to be special, he's got a good head on his shoulders, is intelligent, not conceited with what he's accomplished so far.

The only con is that, even if he eventually leaves PSG, all of Europe will be clamoring for his signature.

Top Bottom