• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

I'm not impressed.

Not sure what he offers over say Elneny. He very rarely drives forward with the ball. His passing seemed average most of the game and mostly sideways and backward.

His main assets seem to be positional sense and plugging holes but surely Arsenal need players with a wider set of assets to play in midfield.
I agree with you. I don't like to judge players with their National team, but I have to say, I'm not convinced. I hope he starts against Portugal/Spain to see how he does against better players. I've heard people call him a Santi-Kanté hybrid, but I saw neither one of those player's attributes today. Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall him winning a tackle. Players got past him quite easily.

He block a couple of crosses, but I didn't really assert himself. I guess after watching Kanté and Ndidi, and all the hype, I was hoping for similar.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Spanish journalist says he loves Torreira's game. Few failed passes, lots of recoveries and he's all over the place.

Man, look at all those touches! He was all over the place.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Uruguayan journalist: Unforgettable match for Torreira in his first start. He ate the pitch and boosted the work of Nandez, Vecino and Bentancur.

neimad

An actual defensive midfielder who can do defensive stuff well. This truly is a new era with Emery

giphy.gif

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hope this deal falls through, too short.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

People forgot City dominated the league last season with a 5'10 Fernandinho anchoring the midfield?

Height is hardly an important factor anymore for a defensive midfielder, football isn't kick and rush anymore. Even the crappy teams try to play it from the back these days and crossing has been found out as an ineffective attacking approach.

I'd rather have a quick, agile ankle biter in midfield than a big lumbering oaf who can't play with a lot of space in behind him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People forgot City dominated the league last season with a 5'10 Fernandinho anchoring the midfield?

Height is hardly an important factor anymore for a defensive midfielder, football isn't kick and rush anymore. Even the crappy teams try to play it from the back these days and crossing has been found out as an ineffective attacking approach.

I'd rather have a quick, agile ankle biter in midfield than a big lumbering oaf who can't play with a lot of space in behind him.

One of the greatest Premier League defensive midfielders if not the greatest was Makelele. His height was 5’6.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I dont care how tall he is aslong he breaks up the opp play. Could sign Fellaini but people would still moan.

CanadianGooner1608

Let's end this size debate with Kanté towering at 1,68m, shall we?
His qualities from the couple of Sampdoria games I went to watch after learning we'd get him, and from today's game:
- his positional awareness that allows him to be virtually everywhere on the pitch without impeding on his team's defense.
- Agressive as hell. The player(s) he marks will be gaspimg for air. That's how much he'll harrass them.
- Pass quality is really good.
- Knows how to get himself fouled to provide breathers for the team in situations where the opposing team is attacking/pressing.

Is he flashy? Hell no. But I'd rather he brings his efficiency to the arsenal than anything else.
I'm convinced he will develop even more as years go by. Don't know if he will be world class (as in top 2 or 3 players in the world), but he will definitely be a fantastic asset if he continues on this curve.

say yes

forum master baiter
I'm not impressed.

Not sure what he offers over say Elneny. He very rarely drives forward with the ball. His passing seemed average most of the game and mostly sideways and backward.

His main assets seem to be positional sense and plugging holes but surely Arsenal need players with a wider set of assets to play in midfield.

Elneny wtf :lol:

That joke footballer literally dropped a 1/10 performance against the worst team in the world cup today.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Elneny wtf :lol:

That joke footballer literally dropped a 1/10 performance against the worst team in the word cup today.
And it makes little sense because Elneny doesn't always have the most consistent positioning and he's quite an average ballwinner also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom