• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know hes the best DM in the world by far but I'm talking one of the best players in general, his consistency levels are crazy, easily makes it into the current top 5 players in world football for me.

Reason I said if he carries on is because its usually only the creative types who get spoken about as best in world, Neymar has been referred to as #3 in the world behind the obvious two, I'd take Kante over him every time.
I don't believe that mate, if you had to choose between Neymar and Kante to sign for us, you'd choose Kante? I know Kante is Good but that's a huge statement.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I don't believe that mate, if you had to choose between Neymar and Kante to sign for us, you'd choose Kante? I know Kante is Good but that's a huge statement.

Yeah, would choose Kante.

Kante solidifies an entire team, Neymar just does his own thing.

Not saying I'm right, its only my preference, you cant exactly go wrong with signing either and I suppose it also comes down to how the rest of your line up looks, but for me Kante would be a huge player for any club he goes to and I would take him over Neymar if that was the only part of the question.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I’m not convinced that Lucas Torreira is a good fit for us. We have always been weak in the middle with highly talented yet short technical players working our midfield and now our solution to this is adding a defensive midfielder that is 1.68m tall? He’s even shorter than Messi and no, he’s not built like N’Golo Kante. I’d rather we go after a more physical DM like William Carvahlo (1.90m) or Steve N’Zonzi (1.96m). The EPL is the most physical league in the world and we desperately need more grit in our midfield. I’ve watched Lucas closely during the World Cup with Uruguay and his games with Sampdoria, don’t see anything outstanding.

Carvalho showed why he has been overlooked imo

Sloppy

Song Billong

This is your inferiority complex talking. Liverpool finished 8th in 2015-16. They wouldn't have finished in the top 4 this year had Salah not been such a revelation. Chelsea finished 10th that season, won the title, then dropped back to 5th. This past season -- you said it yourself -- was the first time since Fergie retired that United finished ahead of Arsenal. So what puts any of those clubs a level above Arsenal? This year's league table? Well, tables change.

Sure, United signed Alexis. If you want to proclaim him Arsenal's best player, then fine (although that certainly hadn't been the case for about a year and a half, in my opinion, and he was actually hurting the team in the end). But here's the thing: Arsenal swapped him for another top player. And the player Arsenal got was a better player in the 2nd half and was quite obviously a better fit for the team than Alexis, who was a big disappointment to the United fans who were so thrilled to get him. And not only did Arsenal get Mkhitaryan, they brought in Aubameyang -- a better player than Alexis, period.

And seriously, is it really the prospect of Arsenal being laughed at by other fans that really bothers you? Hate to tell you this, but that's entirely a product of ArsenalFanTV and the clickbait media. Well, that and your own paranoia.

Let me clarify - I live in Australia and therefore I don't read the daily British rags, I'm not bombarded by the opinions of colossal clowns like Durham and the like. Also, reading the comments on AFTV, or Facebook, or Twitter, etc. is the equivalent of skulling bleach in terms of rapidly reducing your brain cells. I couldn't give two shiny ****s about what some 14 year old United fan from the Interwebs says about Arsenal.

I didn't even mention that so I'm not sure where you got it from in the first place?

Anyway and therefore as I said in my earlier post - these things have literally nothing to do with any sort of 'inferiority complex' that I may have. Any pessimism, or realism as it were, is solely based upon what I've seen and experienced as a fan over the last several years.

Like we've both mentioned not two seasons ago we laughed at those clubs. Now look at what's happened since? Liverpool have clearly leapfrogged us in the league, they've made the CL final, they've signed quality players and have just now locked down a Ballon d'or contender. They're going from strength to strength. Tottenham have convincingly leapfrogged us, the first time in literally decades, and have cemented that position again this season. United have moved right passed without waving on that way. Chelsea have won the title two seasons ago. Meawhile we have finished outside the CL places two years in a row, again this is something that has happened for the first time in decades.

I haven't even started on our inability to satisfy our best players by showing the right kind of ambition, whilst they get poached by our perceived direct rivals. That's an outright indictment on how things were being run. As you can see these are the reasons, and they have nothing to do with the media. And thankfully those days are over.

Hopefully the new group in charge will completely arrest the tide and see us safely back where we belong in the CL places. They've pulled their fingers out real early with the transfers, which is the first step. IMO we are showing ambition which is what we all have screamed for, by identifying targets and getting **** done quickly. It's the first page of the new chapter for the club, so let's see how this goes. But I won't be out swinging my schlong until we start showing it on the pitch.

Anyway back to the little terrier Torreira. Maybe there's a chant in that.

Last edited:

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Kante is so overrated in here it's crazy. The lack of a proper DM has made Arsenal fans obsessed. Kante is very good of course, but taking him over Neymar or Casemiro or just ignoring the shortcomings in his own game is taking the piss.

I'd back that statement! !! 100%

Neymar is overrated , couldn't hack it on a cold night in Stoke

He is toxic
Let's agree to disagree, I happen to think Neymar is only slightly behind the top and would start for every team in World Football, which I think is not true for Kante. If you wanna talk Overrated give me Eden Hazard or KDB, Neymar is an Elite Footballer in every sense of the word.

Kante is so overrated in here it's crazy. The lack of a proper DM has made Arsenal fans obsessed. Kante is very good of course, but taking him over Neymar or Casemiro or just ignoring the shortcomings in his own game is taking the piss.
Kante is good but I don't all the Hyperbole to be honest

Yeah, would choose Kante.

Kante solidifies an entire team, Neymar just does his own thing.

Not saying I'm right, its only my preference, you cant exactly go wrong with signing either and I suppose it also comes down to how the rest of your line up looks, but for me Kante would be a huge player for any club he goes to and I would take him over Neymar if that was the only part of the question.
Mate Neymar can single handedly win you games, there are only a select few footballers who can do what he does to with the consistency that he has achieved and at the level he's doing it. I don't like his play acting but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's top 3 in World Football and Kante is at most top 3 in his position.

thierrytheking14

I did have a laugh when I read that. If I was going to describe Kante’s build it would be more whippet than tank.
jTsfaf9p_400x400.jpg

That whippet has some guns to be fair...

Torreira will be fine though. Seems to have plenty of strength in him despite his height.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Mate Neymar can single handedly win you games, there are only a select few footballers who can do what he does to with the consistency that he has achieved and at the level he's doing it. I don't like his play acting but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's top 3 in World Football and Kante is at most top 3 in his position.

Kante can win you games, he obviously wont be banging in goals but he will be shutting down opponents attacks.

Some people will pick goals scored, others look for a different contribution to a team, like I said before you cant go wrong with either, I highly rate Kante personally, its my opinion and I'm not saying that it will be the same for everyone.

Thats whats so great about football.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Name a side that wouldn't take Neymar & Kante.

Both great at what they do... We should have one of them now.

Yes Neymar is overrated no doubt in my mind

For me he is maybe underrated. What he did with Santos & also the national team by 26 is quite incredible. The club trophy hall across leagues & continents is unprecedented.

tcahill

Yes, but N’Golo Kante is built like a tank and strong as a bull. Lucas looks very small even next to a small player like Messi.

Kante isn't physically strong at all. He's excellent at quickly getting a foot in. In the rare case he actually pushes someone off the ball it's because of his great balance and timing. His main physical gift is his six lungs.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Name a side that wouldn't take Neymar & Kante.

Both great at what they do... We should have one of them now.

For me he is maybe underrated. What he did with Santos & also the national team by 26 is quite incredible. The club trophy hall across leagues & continents is unprecedented.
It really isn't. He won at barcelona and psg? What else? Far more decorated people at 26 out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom