• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Love the Ronaldo to Juve move if truth in it. Good move for all parties.

Out of the blue but can see him wanting to win the big three leagues.

So strange to see him in the stripes though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Love the Ronaldo to Juve move if truth in it. Good move for all parties.

Out of the blue but can see him wanting to win the big three leagues.

So strange to see him in the stripes though.

well i don't know how Juve will afford to pay 100M euros plus his 300K+ wages.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seems to be hotting up!

I would guess Alex Sandro finally moves to United to cover half the fee.

haha 30M euros a year no way Juve would afford to give him that even if they sell Alex Sandro, but that's seem interesting story i can see it happening if Ronaldo ask for less money.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
haha 30M euros a year no way Juve would afford to give him that even if they sell Alex Sandro, but that's seem interesting story i can see it happening if Ronaldo ask for less money.
Its an interesting one.

He is 33 so say he plays at Juve for 2/3 years... Is it worth taking the short term financial hit just to have arguably the best player ever in your shirt? That must have huge value.

avalonhse

As much as I hate his attitude, Neymar certainly belongs to the best attackers in the world. And due to his experience and age might be a bigger fit for CL glory, if you're looking at a player to carry the attack RIGHT NOW.

But talent wise, ceiling wise and "one his day" performances in terms of what I've seen of both at their very best - Mbappe ****s all over Neymar and is even a great character on top.

The heir of Messi and maybe, just maybe, he might even surpass him eventually.

Madrid needs a rival to Messi right now when Ronaldo leaves. Unlike Neymar, Mbappe needs some more years to be a candidate for the Ballon d'Or.

We talk about Madrid, aren't we? Their thinking should be: we are no short of money, just buy Mbappe later on after Bale leave. Why rush?

If Mbappe win Ballon d'Or next year, definitely Madrid will change their mind.

Mean while,

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/report-ronaldo-looking-to-buy-house-in-turin-10981

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Its an interesting one.

He is 33 so say he plays at Juve for 2/3 years... Is it worth taking the short term financial hit just to have arguably the best player ever in your shirt? That must have huge value.

Huge layout but I wonder how much of the fee/wages could be recovered from his star power?

Very impressive if Ronaldo was to move to Juve, his determination to be one of or the worlds best is admirable, definitely will add a lot to the conversation with so many titles to his name.

The fact that there is even talk of him moving to Juve makes me wonder if Ronaldo would be willing to take a lower wage in return for the Serie A to his name.

Never would have put these two together.

Edit: apologies, missed the bit with his wage demands.

Last edited:

Kakao

Real Madrid are considering a bid from Juventus in the region of £88m for Cristiano Ronaldo, Sky sources understand.

Nice one

well i don't know how Juve will afford to pay 100M euros plus his 300K+ wages.
Think with the way they do business and their supposed wage structure means they might be able to afford it. It would be quite annoying for guys like Chiellini, Buffon etc if Ronaldo was suddenly going to potentially get a wage for one season similar to what they've had in total for several title winning seasons though.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Think with the way they do business and their supposed wage structure means they might be able to afford it. It would be quite annoying for guys like Chiellini, Buffon etc if Ronaldo was suddenly going to potentially get a wage for one season similar to what they've had in total for several title winning seasons though.

Annoying for them maybe, but thats no ones fault but their own.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Strong links now of Higuian & Rugani to Chelsea, Sturaro to Newcastle or France & Sandro to United.

Juve not messing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom