• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArsenalis

It's pretty obvious that as a group we were terrible. There was a lot lacking in the team not just tactics. There was literally no bite in us whatsoever, it reminded me of what Per said about lacking in motivation after winning the world cup. The players played as if it was their right to go to advanced stages.

Thankfully, we have a young set of hungry players who should replace most of this bunch pretty soon. Obviously it's not great with Low staying on but hopefully there will be a breathe of fresh air seeing as we have acknowledged as a whole how terrible our approach has been.
They were victims of myopic thinking

Oh_Snap

Wow Oliver -the ****- Bierhoff hit a new low and uses Mesut as a scapegoat for everything that went wrong with germanys wc-campaign. it's backfiring massivly though, even people that dont rate Mesut want Bierhoff to step back now. Mesut was useful as long Bierhoff could use him to show how multi cultural the dfb is, now that his job is in danger he knows no friends. disgusting.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

There still will be a massive Boom in Germany about this topic.

First Boateng says, that it's not comprehensible, that Germany picks out Özil as scapegoat and now this statement from Bierhoff.
Normally he has to lose his job after this.

Hopefully there will be some statements from leadings player to back Özil, like Boateng did.

Bierhoff will be live in a ZDF-show after the current World Cup match, will be interesting what he will say.

Edit: Bierhoff is rowing back at the moment.

Last edited:

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I had no idea you were German!

There definitely was a blase attitude, as if they thought it would just happen without the required application. I suppose this can creep in when you've won the last world cup by smashing Brazil 7-1 in the final.

It's a tough picking an eleven when you're mid transition; do you just give all the veterans one last dance and a chance to bow out with another WC before retiring them all, or go the other way with a squad full of fearless youngsters in preparation for the future. Argentina are in a similar boat and looked to be in the same mess as Germany. Pretty sure this was just a case of the WC coming a year too soon for you. The future still looks as bright as ever.
I'm not German, nor can I fully identify as either Tanzanian, Botswanan or British :lol:

I grew up with a great love for Germany, mostly from my father. He painted quite a negative image of the UK (England) while he lived and studied in Newcastle. Obviously I don't blame him given that it's still a ****hole 20 years later. I had great memories of his time in Berlin. Long story short, I grew up admiring German culture and football. I may not be as invested as the Bundesliga pros here but I appreciate that aspect as well. Even their current economy has me impressed.

If anything, since I am not German but a British Citizen, I think the greatest label I can place on myself is that I'm Londoner. I came to appreciate the UK because of London, and even then, London feels like it's own country. Also, being a German fan, whose passport says British but is Tanzanian born has to be one of the most entertaining quirks of mine.

Just wanted to clarify that I'm not German (sorry if I mislead).

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
interesting piece by Honigstein

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club.../will-mesut-Özil-continue-to-play-for-germany

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Wow Oliver -the ****- Bierhoff hit a new low and uses Mesut as a scapegoat for everything that went wrong with germanys wc-campaign. it's backfiring massivly though, even people that dont rate Mesut want Bierhoff to step back now. Mesut was useful as long Bierhoff could use him to show how multi cultural the dfb is, now that his job is in danger he knows no friends. disgusting.
Its disgusting, I have no words.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm not German, nor can I fully identify as either Tanzanian, Botswanan or British :lol:

I grew up with a great love for Germany, mostly from my father. He painted quite a negative image of the UK (England) while he lived and studied in Newcastle. Obviously I don't blame him given that it's still a ****hole 20 years later. I had great memories of his time in Berlin. Long story short, I grew up admiring German culture and football. I may not be as invested as the Bundesliga pros here but I appreciate that aspect as well. Even their current economy has me impressed.

If anything, since I am not German but a British Citizen, I think the greatest label I can place on myself is that I'm Londoner. I came to appreciate the UK because of London, and even then, London feels like it's own country. Also, being a German fan, whose passport says British but is Tanzanian born has to be one of the most entertaining quirks of mine.

Just wanted to clarify that I'm not German (sorry if I mislead).

Aah, I see. Just a mere Tanzanian born, British Londoner who really admires Germany. We call you 'commoners' where I live :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Bet Nuri Sahin is relieved he chose to play for Turkey.
Funny, I was lead to believe it was only the dumb British press who had that sort of criticism for Özil. I thought the dumb British press were a reflection on our crappy international team because they like to see players running around and pashun.... That's what I was told.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Funny, I was lead to believe it was only the dumb British press who had that sort of criticism for Özil. I thought the dumb British press were a reflection on our crappy international team because they like to see players running around and pashun.... That's what I was told.
Eh? What sort of criticism are you actually talking about because this is a unique situation with Özil and Germany. I don’t see the link you’re trying to establish.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
They're not criticising his work rate, they're going after him because of his perceived political views. When has the UK press gone after him for that?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They're not criticising his work rate, they're going after him because of his perceived political views. When has the UK press gone after him for that?
I assume there are reasons behind his poor ratings in newspapers? What are theirs? I doubt some of them are 'He met Erdogan'. I'm sure their summing up wont be much different from the press over here, with their 'uninterested', 'poor body language', and 'lacked effort' observations.

What's the verdict on the German press now then? What are they, anti-islamic? Are we better than theirs now? I'd be interested to hear if we've moved up the moral league table recently.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I assume there are reasons behind his poor ratings in newspapers? What are theirs? I doubt some of them are 'He met Erdogan'. I'm sure their summing up wont be much different from the press over here, with their 'uninterested', 'poor body language', and 'lacked effort' observations.
I'm not talking about the criticism of his performances, but there's a lot of comments about how Özil's meeting was the reason why there was disunity in the team, how it became a distraction etc. Why not just stick to football? He wasn't good against Mexico but he really wasn't any worse than Muller or Werner. Even against South Korea there were some frustrating moments where he could have shot instead of passing but he set up a 100% chance for Hummels at 0-0 that could have won it for them.
What's the verdict on the German press now then? What are they, anti-islamic? Are we better than theirs now? I'd be interested to hear if we've moved up the moral league table recently.
I don't know much about the German press but the nature of some of the criticism he gets makes it hard to believe that there's not something more nefarious at play. I don't think that's the reason why he gets criticised in the UK though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm not talking about the criticism of his performances, but there's a lot of comments about how Özil's meeting was the reason why there was disunity in the team, how it became a distraction etc. Why not just stick to football?
This whole ****ing page is about politics. Most of this poxy forum is right now tbh if you looked around. I must be the only one who hasn't stuck my ore in about his meeting with Erdogan ffs, mainly because I couldn't give a toss.

And you ask my 'why not stick to football'? At least what I write is remotely linked to it. Jesus. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Tbh, i don't think I want to post in a place that's revealed to be 80% anti-English--and it appears to run deeper than football--so I think that'll be all from me in these parts. Just a shame a great occasion like the WC has brought that home to me. Still, better the devil you know. Talaa!

say yes

forum master baiter
Tbh, i don't think I want to post in a place that's revealed to be 80% anti-English--and it appears to run deeper than football--so I think that'll be all from me in these parts. Just a shame a great occasion like the WC has brought that home to me. Still, better the devil you know. Talaa!

Calm down @Jury :lol:

You should be enjoying the hell out of this summer, not worrying about what a couple of anti-England nonces post on an internet forum.

Wenger gone, football coming home next.

Blimey.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Been a shadow of himself so far this year, I hope he can kick it into gear for the coming season because when Özil is out of it, he's awful.

Last thing we need is someone as integral as the #10 not performing, but I got a feeling that with the new management and all this fuzz around Özil that he'll want to step it up and if he doesn't; I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched, I don't think Emery is going to coddle him like Wenger did and I think that's good for everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom