• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Don’t see any reason why we’d wait until after the World Cup once the medical is complete.

Guessing it will be announced this week but you never know with Arsenal.
Actually that is so true about our announcements hahaha. I remember back when we first signed Özil I wasnt even listening to any rumours regarding transfers then all of a sudden my family told me we'd just signed Özil from Madrid on deadline day, they dont even follow it I was like "What! No way!" I checked the web/website & I was gobsmacked! :lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I'm still not sure if this deal is really happening. Think Chelsea may hijack it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/08/uruguay-world-cup-example-to-everyone

Nice wee article on the Uruguayan philosophy on football but also on life. It highlights the key trait of humility in Uruguayan football, and from everything I've seen Torreira is a true Uruguayan footballer in this respect. I think it's his lack of pretension that will make him one of the best midfielders in the world.

He's been likened to Kante for his defensive stats and his small stature, but again I think it's that humility which connects them. Kante's almost monk-like nature is what makes him so great (as it goes, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the puppeteer behind a France World Cup victory).

To have a character like this at the heart of the team for the foreseeable future is going to be an unquantifiable benefit to us. Frankly, I just wish we had more Uruguayans. It's a shame we couldn't nab Gimenez really.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/08/uruguay-world-cup-example-to-everyone

Nice wee article on the Uruguayan philosophy on football but also on life. It highlights the key trait of humility in Uruguayan football, and from everything I've seen Torreira is a true Uruguayan footballer in this respect. I think it's his lack of pretension that will make him one of the best midfielders in the world.

He's been likened to Kante for his defensive stats and his small stature, but again I think it's that humility which connects them. Kante's almost monk-like nature is what makes him so great (as it goes, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the puppeteer behind a France World Cup victory).

To have a character like this at the heart of the team for the foreseeable future is going to be an unquantifiable benefit to us. Frankly, I just wish we had more Uruguayans. It's a shame we couldn't nab Gimenez really.

Always had a soft Spot for Uruguay but this WC I was seriously cheering for them, great team with spirit, character, tough and great work ethic with two great forwards. Was hoping they would beat France. Shame Cavani got injured, reckon they'd have had a chance. Feels a bit like Ramsey out of the game against Portugal in 2016 on yellows - think with him they too would have had a shot.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Always had a soft Spot for Uruguay but this WC I was seriously cheering for them, great team with spirit, character, tough and great work ethic with two great forwards. Was hoping they would beat France. Shame Cavani got injured, reckon they'd have had a chance. Feels a bit like Ramsey out of the game against Portugal in 2016 on yellows - think with him they too would have had a shot.

Man that semi final hurt. Portugal were so lucky to be there, 3 draws in the groups, a flukey last second win over Croatia and a shoot out vs Poland. So jammy.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Its time for Ornstein to say that everything is done except the announcement but i guess he is drinking beer with That Guy and The Lightning Seeds right now. The pimp.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I'm actually in the Fans of Uruguay group with my World Cup fantasy team. Of the teams I thought had a chance to get as far as the QFs, they were the one I was backing most. I was all in on Iceland though.

Then again, I'm competing in the American Samoa country group, but only because I couldn't get the drop down menu to work right when I was signing up and finally just decided to go with one of the choices I didn't have to drop down for. :lol:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Man that semi final hurt. Portugal were so lucky to be there, 3 draws in the groups, a flukey last second win over Croatia and a shoot out vs Poland. So jammy.

Yeah, was really rooting for Wales back then and Ramsey was absolutely on fire that tournament, he just forced things, was everywhere and was putting in a massive shift - think he was more important to the team than Bale, although I surely don't want to take any credit away from the latter. In my mind I had Wales in the final already against that dodgy Portugal side, but then Ramsey got booked and I knew without him working that midfield and forcing the issue it would probably be too hard.

Then again, I'm competing in the American Samoa country group, but only because I couldn't get the drop down menu to work right when I was signing up and finally just decided to go with one of the choices I didn't have to drop down for. :lol:

:lol:

I hate drop down menues, half the time they won't work. A couple of month ago I was applying for a job online and I was supposed to enter the beginning two letters of my academic degree into a drop down menu which was then supposed to open up and show me all the results starting with these letters - it just didn't f*cking work. That company died then and there for me, not even able to built a properly working application page, ffs.:lol:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
there's such a thing as a respectful bite, surely
giphy.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom