• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi | deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Don't know anything about him and he didn't look anything special from the highlight videos posted, specially compared to Adli. But you got to assume if we are spending 7mil on a kid from Ligue 2 then he must have something about him.

There's several videos of him on youtube where he looks a good prospect. Also worth bearing in mind he's an 18/19 year old playing against proper teams whereas the videos of Adli are mostly him playing against youth teams where he's a lot bigger and stronger than the rest of them.

Last edited:

LG10

Based off vids he looks very press resistant. Looks like a good talent, these are the signings Sven was brought in to make.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Looks like an exciting player and with the 8M price, I am sure Sven sees great potential in him hence we're ready to pay upfront.

What I am also excited, is that it seems the moment that @ArseNic posted it on Twitter, @yousif_arsenal followed up immediately posting here. ;)
Maybe @yousif_arsenal is Arsenic, as there's same dedication to providing non-stop info.

Right ?
:cool:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looks like an exciting player and with the 8M price, I am sure Sven sees great potential in him hence we're ready to pay upfront.

What I am also excited, is that it seems the moment that @ArseNic posted it on Twitter, @yousif_arsenal followed up immediately posting here. ;)
Maybe @yousif_arsenal is Arsenic, as there's same dedication to providing non-stop info.

Right ?
:cool:
I wish to be as nerd as @ArseNic.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

There's some real nice passes in this comp. Most similar player to him stylistically is probably Willock IMO. Think Willock will suffer the most from this signing. Some clever balls played, even though towards the end some of the execution is a tad telegraphed.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Once again: the majority of those goals were scored at home. Away from home we struggled to break down packed lines of four. A natural attacking winger would've helped us a lot.

A "natural attacking winger" we sign right now will be competition for Welbeck in the short term........ already one of the LMAO needs to be dropped if we are playing 4-3-3 next season.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Squawka did a scouting report. Here's the vital bit:

Despite his young age, having turned 19 in April, the Frenchman has shown some promise playing just ahead of the defence to break up play and in the right set-up at Arsenal Guendouzi can flourish.

Depending on the system Emery decides to play to bring in the new era at Arsenal, Guendouzi could fit in a number of ways.

In a midfield three, the 19-year-old would work well in helping to sweep up balls before they reach the defence and holding back alongside the likes of Granit Xhaka or Torreira while the third midfielder pushes forward to join in the attack without putting the back line in danger.

Guendouzi could also do the same job as part of a 4-2-3-1, instead being the man to occasionally move up the pitch when the game allows it and adding to the attack with his defensive midfield partner providing the cover.

But it is more than likely during the first season that Guendouzi will be more of a substitute player, coming on from the bench to help strengthen Arsenal’s position in games or hold the midfield when the Gunners are looking for a goal.

You can read the rest here:

http://www.squawka.com/en/news/scou...-want-to-sign-him/1046500#lTDDMVHJf6yfXUVs.97

samshere

Why so serieuse?
A "natural attacking winger" we sign right now will be competition for Welbeck in the short term........ already one of the LMAO needs to be dropped if we are playing 4-3-3 next season.
Yeah, thats why I was hoping that we get a young player in that position that we could bring on from the bench when needed. They probably decided that CM is more important than a winger as we have in house talent in that position.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Just read he’s in the provisional squad for the Euro U19 championship. I was hoping to see him in preseason :(

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Does this mean Elneny will be sold? Seems futile to have both.

Guendouzi, AMN, Xhaka, Torreira seems enough for two positions with Willock as emergency backup.

Nothing. It means we have 6 midfielders for 3 slots which is perfect, 2 for each spot. Anyone who wants rid of Elneny you're not good stuff.
I guess you are not including Özil in midfield then? I wouldn't want him on the wing, so difference in opinion I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom