• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

La Cabra (Out)

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I like him and agree with people saying he has (mostly) been a model of consistency and commitment. However I would just remind everyone that he had quite an extended poor stretch last season where he looked very leggy and mistake prone. It would not be the worst thing to get a few pennies for him now with an eye to the future. At his age you do have to be concerned that these spells are decline rather than form.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I like him and agree with people saying he has (mostly) been a model of consistency and commitment. However I would just remind everyone that he had quite an extended poor stretch last season where he looked very leggy and mistake prone. It would not be the worst thing to get a few pennies for him now with an eye to the future. At his age you do have to be concerned that these spells are decline rather than form.
Often see the decline hitting a player like Nacho rapidly. Look at Cole... You could argue his decline was visibly on the horizon for a while but I always feel like these fullbacks and wingbacks are great one day and then garbage the next, it happens that quick.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Brutal, just like Batman.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
would it be fair to say, though, that his defensive failures were somewhat compensated by a new-found goal scoring ability?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

How much of his "defensive failures" were his fault or as a result of the team defending poorly?

Besides I find it seriously hard to imagine us selling Monreal and then getting a sufficient starting quality LB in as a replacement. We're apparently already near the end of our budget and it's not like Nacho is gonna get us a huge transfer fee so reinvesting in a replacement of serious quality probably isn't likely at this stage.

What Monreal gives you is experience, leadership, a committed professional and a very good defensive full-back. In my opinion he's a good player to have considering the rest of our defensive lacks experience unless Lichtsteiner is gonna be a starter which I doubt.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How much of his "defensive failures" were his fault or as a result of the team defending poorly?

Besides I find it seriously hard to imagine us selling Monreal and then getting a sufficient starting quality LB in as a replacement. We're apparently already near the end of our budget and it's not like Nacho is gonna get us a huge transfer fee so reinvesting in a replacement of serious quality probably isn't likely at this stage.

What Monreal gives you is experience, leadership, a committed professional and a very good defensive full-back. In my opinion he's a good player to have considering the rest of our defensive lacks experience unless Lichtsteiner is gonna be a starter which I doubt.

Kolasinac is much better suited to Emery's style I think. I'd personally prefer to sell Nacho, use Kolasinac and bring in a young left back as backup.

Mastercutor

Well, we got Joel Lopez to make this position his in a couple of years, so it doesn't make much sense to sell Nacho now, unless he wants to leave. I'd extend his contract with another year, and keep him here for at least one more year.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Love Nacho to bits and one of our best players, so selling him would hurt us a lot without signing a topclass replacement.

But getting e.g. Laxalt who's also 7 years younger and was hugely impressive during the world cup would be a fair move

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
What's laxalt like at club level? Had a good world cup but you know what they say about making signings based on tournament form.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Does this one count? He's not on the banned list but idk much about him...

Wheatley is no Ornstein, but Ornstein does put enough stock in him to follow him on Twitter. He's not just a guy making up crap like Mular. He does have club sources and makes a living writing specifically about Arsenal. I have no reason to doubt him on this.

Top Bottom