• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Mentor to Plato and Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

but when I say something you don’t like I’m the biggest **** on the forum!
Let's see what you responded.

Thank you for this exciting fact! I did not know there was a significant correlation between coming to England and becoming slow! Cheers!
Um, of course I won't like that. You're deliberately being an sarcastic provocative prick with that post.

What reaction were you hoping for? Hugs and kisses?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Let's see what you responded.

Um, of course I won't like that. You're deliberately being an sarcastic provocative prick with that post.

What reaction were you hoping for? Hugs and kisses?
And he continues with the insults.....you’re probably just acting out behind the safety of your screen, I can understand. You don’t need to act all tough online. Whatever issues you are having in your life, know that you are not alone. If you ever want to talk about it you can pm me, sometimes we all just need to be heard.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
And he continues with the insults.....you’re probably just acting out behind the safety of your screen, I can understand. You don’t need to act all tough online. Whatever issues you are having in your life, know that you are not alone. If you ever want to talk about it you can pm me, sometimes we all just need to be heard.
I don't understand how you're offended. I made a non-emotional post about a fact and you replied with sarcasm and then get all offended when I react....

Maybe you should just have responded normally, like, 'please explain what you mean by that' and then you would have received an equally respectful response. But you didn't, you chose to act all high and mighty like you know it all and place an extremely negative emotion on your response to my post. Why should I be respectful to you when you can't even respect my post without being sarcastic and provocative?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I don't understand how you're offended. I made a non-emotional post about a fact and you replied with sarcasm and then get all offended when I react....

Maybe you should just have responded normally, like, 'please explain what you mean by that' and then you would have received an equally respectful response. But you didn't, you chose to act all high and mighty like you know it all and place an extremely negative emotion on your response to my post. Why should I be respectful to you when you can't even respect my post without being sarcastic and provocative?
I think you completely lost the plot if you curse and insult someone and proceed to explain how to respond to someone in a normal manner....

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think you completely lost the plot if you curse and insult someone and proceed to explain how to respond to someone in a normal manner....
No, that doesn't make sense. You don;t have to curse to be completely disrespectful. You WERE completely disrespectful for NO apparent reason. My post wasn't a wild accusation or a debatable fact It was a mere fact, presented in the simplest form and you responded by ridiculing it with sarcasm and insinuating it wasn't at all relevant.

No, you didn't curse, but you were still completely disrespectful and then act confused why you;re being attacked. I was hoping, with my post, for a reasonable discussion on the different paces of the leagues and how that could affect our perception of players pace... But no, you had to be a smart ass.

Zaza

Why do you think so? His pace? Or are you basing this off something else? Interested to hear.
His pace and the fact he wasn't impressive the few times I watched him at BVB.
If he's slower then we have a very big problem. The last thing we need is a slower, older version of Mustafi.
Still think Benatia would've been a better option

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
See this should have been the 'David Luiz Signs!' thread.

Everybody would have been happy & getting along.

Just jokes & gifs.

giphy.gif

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If he's slower then we have a very big problem. The last thing we need is a slower, older version of Mustafi.
I like Benatia as well but I'd be lying if I said I knew about Sokratis to make a decent comparison. The only thing I could add in this thread was the pace concern and it seems to be held by a few.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I got slated (and that is probably an understatement) in here for complaining and whining about Sokratis being underwhelming, which I believe is a normal reaction for a fan that loves their club and worries about its fortunes. Had a lot of harsh criticism, negative comments, sarcasm, ad hominem in general directed against me. Now, after one preseason game, everything has changed. The kneejerk among football fans always makes me scratch my head.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I got slated (and that is probably an understatement) in here for complaining and whining about Sokratis being underwhelming, which I believe is a normal reaction for a fan that loves their club and worries about its fortunes. Had a lot of harsh criticism, negative comments, sarcasm, ad hominem in general directed against me. Now, after one preseason game, everything has changed. The kneejerk among football fans always makes me scratch my head.
Quite unreal hey. I also just asked if his pace was a concern and got slated for it.

LG10

Arsenal fans are traumatized from the last 5 or so years. In 6 months time sokratis will be held in the same regard as mustafi.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
45 minutes of one preseason match is not nearly enough data to base assumptions on. He's probably not the fastest CB, but from what I've seen at Dortmund (which is mainly highlights) he looks far from slow.

I'm more worried about the lunging in for sliding tackles.

Maybe @Borussin can shine a light on this?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Let's just wait and see how he does once the season really gets going. It was his first game ever for us, not even 100% fit yet on a bloody warm day.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Anyone judging this guy on his first 45 minutes back from holiday against Boreham Wood need to take a breather.

Pre-season (and pre-season games) is 80% about getting back into shape. These lads have spent months lying on beaches sipping drinks and stuffing their faces with gourmet food. I get that everything is exciting right now with a new manager etc, but these games have never meant anything and they don't mean anything now either. You can maybe start making some observations in the last couple of pre-season games, but even that's a stretch.

There's almost a month to your first real game. Anyone who's ever done anything fitness related knows just how much more in shape you can get in a month of intense training.

TheArsenalis

Not saying that i rate him as dont know enough about him.

What i do think though if you think his pace stops him from being grate at defending you're out your mind. Pace is nothing new in football ans history's great defenders weren't speed demons.

Your second point about not being impressed well i cant much, other than he is only young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom