• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That’s perfectly fine bro.
Also such a misconception that to be African you must be of a dark skin. Parts of Africa were invaded by white people like 400 years ago. Those of us left behind are as much African as the darkest Nigerian in the center of this continent.
Pains me to see this sickness of racism becoming more and more prominent around the world, infecting our sports and every part of our lives. We're all human beings and we are ALL different. Identical twins are our biggest clue to that

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I feel so proud of the reaction of our fans to this btw. Truly the best fanbase in the world. #IStandWithOzil trending, and people genuinely supporting him. That's what this club is about

It's a problem for the whole world to have people like that tbh
True on both accounts there!

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Btw, I hope I'm wrong, but it's telling that the only reaction so far is from Boateng who was blamed more than Hummels for the bad defending by Germany. Endemic issue....

There were rumours that the camp actually turned against Özil for a picture taking with Erdogan, when they have no issues with people taking pictures with Putin.

People can say all they want, but according to the German Government's official viewpoint, the Syria crisis is caused by Putin's support for Assad, without which it would be over. Putin sponsors the far right in Germany and abroad, hacks elections, is responsible for cyber attacks, but taking a picture with Erdogan, who at worst, does what he does to people of his own country is far worse for Germans.

Edited to add that it's Germany's view and I'm neither saying it's wrong or right.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
People can say all they want, but the Syria crisis is caused by Putin's support for Assad, without which it would be over. Putin sponsors the far right, hacks elections, is responsible for cyber attacks, but taking a picture with Erdogan, who at worst, does what he does to people of his own country is far worse for Germans.
Not disagreeing with you at all but let's try not to get to into the actual nitty gritty of the politics here. We do have posters of all different opinions.

The message here, i believe, should be no politics in sport. As difficult as that may be to achieve at the moment.

m-due

A bit disappointed that this is the only player reaction so far

Even on Instagram, only Gundogan and Mustafi were the only German players to like his statements. More sentiments will follow for sure for their teammate but the hesitation speaks volume of the issue Özil raised.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Not disagreeing with you at all but let's try not to get to into the actual nitty gritty of the politics here. We do have posters of all different opinions.

The message here, i believe, should be no politics in sport. As difficult as that may be to achieve at the moment.

Definitely, but I bring in Putin, because Özil brought him up too. A representative of DFB met Putin and shook hands with him, and took a picture. Last I checked, Germany count Russia as an actual enemy, and Putin is just as much of a strong man.

Even Russians won't disagree with that, this isn't calling Russia out for anything, or saying Putin is good or bad. But if taking a picture with Erdogan is bad, so is taking a picture with Putin. Arguably, the West accuse him of far more.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Btw, I hope I'm wrong, but it's telling that the only reaction so far is from Boateng who was blamed more than Hummels for the bad defending by Germany. Endemic issue....
I don't think Boateng case was as worse as Özil's and that was a critic about his game which is pretty fair.

There were rumours that the camp actually turned against Özil for a picture taking with Erdogan, when they have no issues with people taking pictures with Putin.

People can say all they want, but the Syria crisis is caused by Putin's support for Assad, without which it would be over. Putin sponsors the far right, hacks elections, is responsible for cyber attacks, but taking a picture with Erdogan, who at worst, does what he does to people of his own country is far worse for Germans.
Pretty sure Syrian issue started with USA + Saudi Arabia interference in Iraq and the Arab Spring but I prefer not to talk politics or warfare here

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As I clarify above, I'm talking the German viewpoint here. Germany accuses Putin of all this, but have no issue with members of DFB taking pictures with Putin
you gotta put that in lol... details make whole different meaning

EDIT : AH I didn't see that post. All good !

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Even on Instagram, only Gundogan and Mustafi were the only German players to like his statements. More sentiments will follow for sure for their teammate but the hesitation speaks volume of the issue Özil raised.
Very telling.
I see Özil as a very emotional person. I think he does well to hide this fact about himself particularly seeing how much the limelight is on him.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Very telling.
I see Özil as a very emotional person. I think he does well to hide this fact about himself particularly seeing how much the limelight is on him.
It's also probably why he stayed with us. I think he really was touched by our fan's support, unlike Sanchez.

There were people who said it's because he liked Wenger's coaching style, but he wanted to come back early because Emery's sessions were intense. They said it's because he's lazy, but he covers the most distance.

It also shows how pivotal that decision was. Imagine if he was Sanchez, he'd be getting flamed by German, Arsenal and Man United fans right now, since none of them would love him. Loyalty is such a big thing, and Özil has it, and it shows he's emotional.

Song Billong

He's been disrespected by sections of the DFB and the German press, but let's not forget he's been disrespected by sections of the Arsenal fan base and pundits too.

He'll forever be underrated. Just to repeat it: he won German player of the year FIVE TIMES. This isn't like Mkhi or Cech where they're the only good players. This is in Germany's modern golden era ffs. As for Arsenal, hasn't he got the most assists of any PL player since he joined?

When it comes to Özil, I just want to block out all the noise and watch him play fully fit in a well-coached team this upcoming season. I've been saying it for months, I think he's gonna tear it up.

I'm with you mate. Özil is a joy to watch, and was my favorite player outside of Arsenal prior to signing him. I'm still having to hide the raging boner I got after I woke up to the news we signed him.

m-due

Very telling.

The DFB Press Team is probably sending talking points to all their players. I hope not. Seeing Boateng sending his well wishes would encourage others for sure.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's also probably why he stayed with us. I think he really was touched by our fan's support, unlike Sanchez.

There were people who said it's because he liked Wenger's coaching style, but he wanted to come back early because Emery's sessions were intense. They said it's because he's lazy, but he covers the most distance.

It also shows how pivotal that decision was. Imagine if he was Sanchez, he'd be getting flamed by German, Arsenal and Man United fans right now, since none of them would love him. Loyalty is such a big thing, and Özil has it, and it shows he's emotional.
Wow man, top post. I think you may just be right about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom