• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I stand with Özil and I hope he uses this to show the fvckers what they’re missing.

Hoeness displayed his white privilege card by attcking an upstanding & law abiding citizen who has never dodged to pay his taxes unlike this idiot who in truth should’ve still been in jail and somebody’s little b!tch rather than free.

Also some of you are hypocrites comdemning Erdogan while saying nothing about scums like Nixon, Reagan, Bush 1&2, Clinton, Blair, Cameron, Obama and the clown in office now.

Last edited:

akhil

Now that's a proper response! Way to go Mesut!

To the rest of you on here, you're missing the bigger picture.
He gets 2 weeks off in September, October, November and March! He's ****ing 29 years old and he's ours!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
This guy pretty much sums it up:

Translation: Everyone involved ****ing blew it. Özil, DFB, all of them.
You really don't want to quote that piece of **** blaze. It'd be going too far off topic but seriously Özdemir is the last **** you want to hear about on this topic (or any other!) but for some reason he's plastered all over Anglo internet with his opinions in recent days, probably because he's ethnically Turk himself.

Not going to delve into it again but anyone criticising Özil for the picture should question themselves whether they'd do it if it was with another head of government in Merkel. If yes, no qualms whatsoever go ahead be my ****ing guest. If no, take a long hard look at yourself and ask yourself why.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Looking at the global rise of siege mentality paired with racism I do take that as a bit of an insult as a german. Xenophobia is not only inherent to Germans, it's inherent to seemingly all people. If you barely meant were more closely confronted and maybe affiliated with it due to our history, I have to agree - but saying it's an inherent force here is over the top.

I don’t think it’s over the top. On the contrary, without aggressive nationalistic ideology, the driving force behind unification process in the 19th century, there wouldn’t be modern day Germany as we know it. It laid the foundations on which Nazi Germany was built. Similar to Italy, their tendencies to unite as a national state in the 19th century opened the doors to forces that enable the rise of fascism. It’s not a coincidence this happened in countries where previously identity was based on city states/local regions without an absolute sovereign to represent the highest authority that everyone has to bow.

Basically, emotions that drive nationalistic ideas had to be addressed more aggressively and in a more manipulative way.

blaze_of_glory

You really don't want to quote that piece of **** blaze. It'd be going too far off topic but seriously Özdemir is the last **** you want to hear about on this topic (or any other!) but for some reason he's plastered all over Anglo internet with his opinions in recent days, probably because he's ethnically Turk himself.

Not going to delve into it again but anyone criticising Özil for the picture should question themselves whether they'd do it if it was with another head of government in Merkel. If yes, no qualms whatsoever go ahead be my ****ing guest. If no, take a long hard look at yourself and ask yourself why.
Fair enough, don't know anything about the guy. Just seemed a reasonable take to me.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I think most of Turks see Özil as a traitor for choosing to play for Germany. Including Erdogan. I don't know how then that picture can influence anything in Turkey.

All these players that have chosen to play for countries other than those that their parents come from are seen as traitors and mercenaries. This was the case also with Swiss Albanians, I used to have huge debates on Albanian forums trying to defend them.

I can[t remember who said it "A German in Turkey, a Turkish in Germany', which is very true. They are not accepted anywhere.

Last edited:

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think most of Turks see Özil as a traitor for choosing to play for Germany. Including Erdogan. I don't know how then that picture can influence anything in Turkey.

All these players that have chosen to play for other countries than those that their parents come from are seen as traitors and mercenaries. This was the case also with Swiss Albanians, I used to have huge debates on Albanian forums trying to defend them.

I can[t remember who said it "A German in Turkey, a Turkish in Germany', which is very true. They are not accepted anywhere.
I don't think this is about being seen as traitors, minority is an easier target for scapegoat and racism everywhere.
This case is a rude awakening cause this happened in a first world country like Germany who has been championing themselves as the place for diversity.

Giroud12

While I agree on a lot of the stuff said here I think James summed it up pretty well on the last Arsecast. The critisicm of Özil is obviously over the top, and much of it is unwarranted. However, when you are the star of the NT, posing for a pic with a foreign dictator only weeks before the WC is a really bad idea. Especially considering its the leader of the country where he and millions of other Germans have family ties, and a the country which has been quite aggressive towards EU and Germany recently.

Its kind of the same with Salah and that crazy Chechen leader - what are they thinking? Or even worse, what on earth are their advisors thinking? I think the statement he made was for the most part very good but I do think he avoided the subject of the picture. All critisicm of Özil can't just be labelled as racism.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I think the Germany Football Federation should have reacted better, I think they are trying to defend Löw for their poor performance in the WC, who for me should be the main guy responsible for that.

While, fans will react as fans everywhere.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Can't believe people still care about which country you were born in, it's fecking unbeliveable. The picture will send a **** message wether anyone like it or not, maybe not to you guys but to a lot of people in turkey. Some people might just hink "maybe he's not that bad" etc.
What Özil actually thought or what his reasoning was we will never know but my feeling is he did not have any political agenda with it, and i think he might have felt that even though he didn't want to take the picture it felt a bit dangerous to say no(ofcourse?).

I do feel for him though. Imagine just wanting to play football like everyone else in the team, being pushed around to all these ****ing events and you are the only one people **** on when something goes wrong.

Hopefull he'll show Germany that he was well worth playing for them this year in Arsenal.

A big note is that noone in germany cared before they sucked balls in the WC, so obviously it's an agenda.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I totally buy his reasoning about him meeting the president and respecting the office of president not necissarily erdogan.

Erdogan is shady but not really evil dictator level.

I buy his talk about racism to, it is Sorta like the same as with the trevor noah thing with France, when they do good they are french/german and when they do bad they are immigrants .

Özil gets alotta undeserved flack here to but luckily it has no racist undertones atleast. Just football ignorance

Oh_Snap

Gorgeous stuff, Öctivists projected his image on the Axel-Springer-Haus (BILD-HQ), Brandenburg Gate and Bundestag.

https://reconquista-internet.de/portfolio/Özil

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don’t think it’s over the top. On the contrary, without aggressive nationalistic ideology, the driving force behind unification process in the 19th century, there wouldn’t be modern day Germany as we know it. It laid the foundations on which Nazi Germany was built. Similar to Italy, their tendencies to unite as a national state in the 19th century opened the doors to forces that enable the rise of fascism. It’s not a coincidence this happened in countries where previously identity was based on city states/local regions without an absolute sovereign to represent the highest authority that everyone has to bow.

Basically, emotions that drive nationalistic ideas had to be addressed more aggressively and in a more manipulative way.
These aren't the only things that drive Xenophobia. We have massive Xenophobia here but no real history of a nationalist culture which appealed to all.
More about jobs, drugs and educational opportunities here.
What a car crash of a thread.

Wonder if humans will ever stop being egotistical, aggressive, tribalistic animals?

My country, my religion, me, me, me.
Quite simply, no. While many of us have empathy etc there are so many that do not. Without empathy it is not possible.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Fair enough, don't know anything about the guy. Just seemed a reasonable take to me.
He's a Transatlantic Fellow of the German Marshall Fund and an associate of the Project for the New American Century. Corrupt little rat too, in the 90s he bankrupted himself spending his MP salary on cars and expensive suits and when he found himself unable to pay his taxes he took an unsecured loan out from a criminal lobbying mogul. After a couple years in obscurity he came back with US funding and a transatlantic network and almost became minister of foreign affairs little over a year ago. Par for the course that he supported Iraq, Afghanistan and any other foreign intervention the US ever planned or conducted, just a couple of days ago he said Obama should have ordered air strikes in Syria back in 2012 already.

So much for not drifting off topic. To sum it up the guy is utter ****.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I came to read reactions after annihilation of Hoeness by Özil's agent, this thread is best described below.

tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
While I agree on a lot of the stuff said here I think James summed it up pretty well on the last Arsecast. The critisicm of Özil is obviously over the top, and much of it is unwarranted. However, when you are the star of the NT, posing for a pic with a foreign dictator only weeks before the WC is a really bad idea. Especially considering its the leader of the country where he and millions of other Germans have family ties, and a the country which has been quite aggressive towards EU and Germany recently.

Its kind of the same with Salah and that crazy Chechen leader - what are they thinking? Or even worse, what on earth are their advisors thinking? I think the statement he made was for the most part very good but I do think he avoided the subject of the picture. All critisicm of Özil can't just be labelled as racism.
So why then was Mathaus not given the same treatment?
Also 'foreign dictator' doesn't make sense. To Özil he isn't foreign

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He's a Transatlantic Fellow of the German Marshall Fund and an associate of the Project for the New American Century. Corrupt little rat too, in the 90s he bankrupted himself spending his MP salary on cars and expensive suits and when he found himself unable to pay his taxes he took an unsecured loan out from a criminal lobbying mogul. After a couple years in obscurity he came back with US funding and a transatlantic network and almost became minister of foreign affairs little over a year ago. Par for the course that he supported Iraq, Afghanistan and any other foreign intervention the US ever planned or conducted, just a couple of days ago he said Obama should have ordered air strikes in Syria back in 2012 already.

So much for not drifting off topic. To sum it up the guy is utter ****.
God we missed you, JOnes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom