• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Apart from Nzonzi have we been linked to any last week major transfers? I remember when we signed Özil it was on deadline day & I hadnt heard any links to him before that & I was pretty happy & shocked haha.

Looking at the last few pages ,most of you guys seem dissatisfied with the current squad/buys. I myself think we are not so bad, in fact I feel we would easily make top 4 with what we currently have and definitely top 3 if we manage to get in an elite winger!
In addition to the winger I believe if our current CBs manage to produce invincible-like displays of 2004 or we get in a proper partner to Sokratis ala Banatia, I feel we could really challenge for top honors! That's not too optimistic, is it?
Who else is so much better than us bar city?

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If you take out the players who look like leaving (Ospina, Chambers, Jenkinson, Campbell, Perez) Then our squad starts looking a bit thin especially at CB.

Italics = injured. * = home grown.

Leno, Cech, Martinez*
Bellerin*, Lichsteiner
Sokratis, Holding*
Mustafi, Koscielny (Mavropanos)
Monreal, Kolasinac
Torreira, Elneny
Xhaka (Maitland Niles)
Ramsey* (Guendouzi)
Mkhitaryan, Iwobi*
Özil, Welbeck*
Aubameyang, Lacazette

The second string of players barring strikers is what I'm worried about. No actual left back cover, inexperienced centre back cover. Luckily we have room for two more foreign signings once Perez/Ospina/Campbell have gone.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
F*ck it just get Vida in. Go proper 'ard. You've got Torreira who plays as if his girlfriend will be shot by bandits if he doesn't win the next tackle, Xhaka who's on a one man mission to start a second Serb-Kosovan war, Lichtsteiner who goes to sleep listening to audio books read by Malcolm Tucker, and Sokratis & Vida who eat pineapples with the skin left on.
:lol: made me laugh

Vibra

Established Member
Not a big believer in buying players who've massively raised their profile after a good international tournament. If you've thoroughly scouted a player over the course of a season or two surely you'd go for them before they go and potentially raise their value in a major way

Doesn't seem like a Sven move

GoonerBoy19

Rodriguez for 30mn, these rags have no clue what we are after. Rather play elnenny as left back than him, horrible at defending.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Let's just stop worrying and learn to love the bomb. How many good defenders actually are there in the world anyway...like three? Lots of expensive defenders, not many good defenders.

Would someone like Pavard be perfect? Of course he f*cking would. But 1: Our owner is a tight b*stard and 2: he's just won the World Cup, so probs not gonna come here.

Can't be caring too much about this. Just accept that whoever we bring in is gonna have faults cos that's the store we're shopping in. It's also true that Emery is a good defensive coach, so just trust that whichever f*cker we play he'll coach them to within an inch of their life.

The aim for this season isn't to be prime Arrigo Sacchi Milan, it's just to be less of a tw*t than we were last season. Kick back, relax and see what happens.

giphy.gif

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Let's just stop worrying and learn to love the bomb. How many good defenders actually are there in the world anyway...like three? Lots of expensive defenders, not many good defenders.

Would someone like Pavard be perfect? Of course he f*cking would. But 1: Our owner is a tight b*stard and 2: he's just won the World Cup, so probs not gonna come here.

Can't be caring too much about this. Just accept that whoever we bring in is gonna have faults cos that's the store we're shopping in. It's also true that Emery is a good defensive coach, so just trust that whichever f*cker we play he'll coach them to within an inch of their life.

The aim for this season isn't to be prime Arrigo Sacchi Milan, it's just to be less of a tw*t than we were last season. Kick back, relax and see what happens.

giphy.gif

We defended like absolute ****** last season even with the likes of Koscielny and Monreal in the defence. They're not bad defenders. They just need clear instructions spelled out in nice big letters and they can do a more than decent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom