• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel9090

I was thinking more of Lichtsteiner on the left as he seems a canny old fox and will be eager to play anywhere.
I dunno, its always gonna be a risk, but then again, so is AMN at left back. Looks like we're gonna go into the game with a questionable left back either way.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Went for a draw but got a strange feeling we could be in for a surprise...the team seems eager and in good spirits, Aubameyang and Lacazette is something completely different to Giroud in terms of goal threat and there's a whole new tactical approach, even if all isn't perfect yet.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Not sure if I can watch this yet. Streaming setup has failed me since the last month of the season and I refuse to pay the crazy price of satelite in RSA. Not sure how I'm going to get to view this season.

Google search, "soccer streams reddit," and you should be able to find a stream for every game to watch from your computer. If you're more technically savvy then you can figure out a way to get it on your TV (Android TV, mini PC, super long hdmi cable (lol), and/or Chromecast).

If you can find Acestream links and get these to play then that's even better as they're usually very high picture quality.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Google search, "soccer streams reddit," and you should be able to find a stream for every game to watch from your computer. If you're more technically savvy then you can figure out a way to get it on your TV (Android TV, mini PC, super long hdmi cable (lol), and/or Chromecast).

If you can find Acestream links and get these to play then that's even better as they're usually very high picture quality.
Oh the days I use to look for streams lol. I remember paying 1 pound to soccerstream in college....14 years ago. Then it was Sopcast, which was brilliant.

Once my career started and I got a great job, matches always live on my TV HD. Only time I watch streams when match is not on TV...but in USA, very rare.

CanadianGooner1608

I went with a win.
I want to be optimistic and I will not be disappointed either way.

BUT! We are playing them at the best possible time, we have a very good squad, which I believe is capable of moments of brilliance, I think we do look better at the back even if slightly.

Lastly, I believe in our summer signings, and I believe they will be eager to do a job here.

That being said, City is City, Pep is Pep so there's always the possibility of them outplaying us.

What I'm most excited about is to see two borderline control freak tacticians going head to head.
Best strategy wins this game, plain and simple, and this will be fascinating to watch.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Thanks guys

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One of most intriguing aspects of this first game is seeing what the team selection will be.

He’s watched the videos, studied the training sessions and given most a try out in the friendlies. Now comes the hard part.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Going to be close game I guess. If we defended we may get out from this with good result all depend on our defense

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think its a matter of will Emery dare to go for it against City playing at home or maybe be a bit cautious?

If its the first I think we will see this:

If he’s a bit more cautious I think we could see Lacazette benched for an extra midfielder and Auba’s pace on the counter:

I personally think we’ll go for more safety with our shaky defense and Laca will be sacrificed for that.
Emery really likes his 4231 formation. At Sevilla he used Banega in that advanced midfield role. But if the team were under the cosh he dropped back behind Krychowiak and Iborra into a defensive midfield role. It was effective.

But could Özil do that? Has he got that kind of flexibility, despite his talent.

FinnGooner

Established Member
This is pretty weird. For the first time in 20 years, I'm not sure which players are going to start and how we will approach the game. Very exciting. Good thing is, we won't be able wear those butt-ugly mint green away kits because of City's colors.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This is pretty weird. For the first time in 20 years, I'm not sure which players are going to start and how we will approach the game. Very exciting. Good thing is, we won't be able wear those butt-ugly mint green away kits because of City's colors.
We're at home...

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Hoping for a 4-2-3-1
Leno
Lichsteiner-Papa-Mustafi-AMN
Torreira-Elneny/Guendouzi (Don't want Xhaka in a 2 man mid, he should be in a 4-3-3 vs other teams)
Mkhi-Özil-Auba
Laca

Just outscore them somehow !

BobP

Memri Fan
Emery really likes his 4231 formation. At Sevilla he used Banega in that advanced midfield role. But if the team were under the cosh he dropped back behind Krychowiak and Iborra into a defensive midfield role. It was effective.

But could Özil do that? Has he got that kind of flexibility, despite his talent.

Precisely, which is why I think, if fit, Ramsey will play there.

Other than that, we'll probably go with a single striker. Highly doubt Emery will play both Laca and Auba against a team of City's calibre.

SpookyDukey

I think we've made some decent signings and will be a much more dangerous animal then last year. However, we are still taking time to gel and learn Unai's system, whereas watching City destroy Chelsea - it's clear they are already a well oiled machine who know their system inside out (with the exception of Mahrez potentially).

I am positive for the season though, but feel this game will be too much of a test too soon for us.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
The optimism here is amazing, we're rebuilding our team and we're up against the champions who bossed the league like nothing else last season and the majority here think we'll bag the win. :lol:

Never change, my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom