• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
The optimism here is amazing, we're rebuilding our team and we're up against the champions who bossed the league like nothing else last season and the majority here think we'll bag the win. :lol:

Never change, my friends!

Don't you think that we sufferd a lot of pessimism in recent seasons ? Time to look on bright side a little bit.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Looking forward to this one. Went for an Arsenal win. Just hope Auba is in the right frame of mind. He's currently having a go at Playstation on his twitter account about being banned :lol::lol::lol:. Tremendous stuff

You should see the reactions under that tweet.

Filled with:"Hello Auba, I'm an executive for Playstation. You will get your account back if you convince Dembele to sign for us ehh Arsenal. Merci!"
:lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Voted City win. Feel this fixture will be to soon for us to embed what we need to embed.

halfvolley

I'm fine with losing this, it's City and we have no idea what level we're at yet. It would be incredible to win this though! The hubris would be immediate and total.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm more looking for performance than result. Let's see how well the lads are learning Emery's system. Of course City should win but if we can show that we've moved beyond some of the silliness of the past couple of years and that we're implementing a base for a more modern and sound approach then I'll be satisfied.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I want us not to lose, as I always had a soft spot for a 1st game of the season; do not lose it :)
it’s definitely going to be interesting, with some positives and negatives definitely.

think the atmosphere might get electric.
so many eyes on this one from our perspective, so much questions yet so much hunger that we see positives right away. we’ll definetly hit a good patch, I even think Unai will work hard on it to dominate them during the first half, and thats where it might get electric. if we go up while being better on the field it will give us wings and you can sense our fans would go full mode.
of course, risk is there to go other way if we struggle to play decent and go down, as those same people will het nervous, quiet, contra effect...

always optimistic, so I have to go with us getting point or 3

gkoat

Don't think we will se a back three.

The question is how far is Monreal and how well has he taken to the New system?
I hope we don't unless we see a cb signing. I'd pick AMN at LB anyday of the week over Mustafi/Sokratis/Holding, although I could get excited at the idea of a Sokratis+Mavropanos+Koscielny come spring.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

24 top pundits from radio and TV made their EPL predictions for a BBC poll. Averaging the results: 1 Man C, 2 Liverpool 3 Man U 4 Sp**s 5 Chelsea 6 Arsenal.

Predictions were made on how the squad were shaping up before the opening weekend. By spend we should be 5th not 6th, ahead of Sp**s.

Come on Emery prove the b*stards wrong.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45088530

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm more looking for performance than result. Let's see how well the lads are learning Emery's system. Of course City should win but if we can show that we've moved beyond some of the silliness of the past couple of years and that we're implementing a base for a more modern and sound approach then I'll be satisfied.
I'd say if we show the bolded part it will be a tight contest. I know city are still the better team on paper but we are at home and I always feel like these big games can go either way. Just in recent years five minutes in and we see that isn't the case.... We have the element of surprise at least

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I'd say if we show the bolded part it will be a tight contest. I know city are still the better team on paper but we are at home and I always feel like these big games can go either way. Just in recent years five minutes in and we see that isn't the case.... We have the element of surprise at least
Agreed. Plus we're much closer to a full strength XI than they are so that should help hopefully. I think actually it will be fascinating to see how Emery approaches Pep. He's never faced Pep with a team that really had any business being on the same pitch as Pep's talent wise. We aren't as talented as City but the disparity is nowhere near what is was for their matchups in Spain. Might be a really great chance for Emery to show that he can outclass Pep when the playing field isn't so heavily tilted in his favor.

Any chance Dembele gets to play against them if manage to sign him? If so they are in ****! Either way, with the way Emery sets up his teams, I am sure we'll give them a real run for their money especially since they are the ones with the pressure to win since favorites and defending champions. I am even more pleased with the fact that Pep's only beaten Emery once when the latter's at home ground!

Last edited:

neimad

Need a bit of luck in this game I feel. A poxy deflection of Guendoozis arse will do me. I just worry about our defence still. We seem to be quite a way off having the full pressing game that Emery wants but that's understandable as it's early doors yet. Laca and Aubamyeng starting is a must though.

This is how I'd go I reckon. Emery might go with Xhaka instead of Guendoozy/Torreira though and it all depends on how fresh he is.

24gkh8h.png

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Agreed. Plus we're much closer to a full strength XI than they are so that should help hopefully. I think actually it will be fascinating to see how Emery approaches Pep. He's never faced Pep with a team that really had any business being on the same pitch as Pep's talent wise. We aren't as talented as City but the disparity is nowhere near what is was for their matchups in Spain. Might be a really great chance for Emery to show that he can outclass Pep when the playing field isn't so heavily tilted in his favor.
Thanks Batman, hand't considered that potential rivalry there...

carlito'sway

Established Member
I want to be positive but let's be realistic, this game is coming way too early for us and City has too much talent in attack for our shaky defense.

cannonade

Established Member
Need a bit of luck in this game I feel. A poxy deflection of Guendoozis arse will do me. I just worry about our defence still. We seem to be quite a way off having the full pressing game that Emery wants but that's understandable as it's early doors yet. Laca and Aubamyeng starting is a must though.

This is how I'd go I reckon. Emery might go with Xhaka instead of Guendoozy/Torreira though and it all depends on how fresh he is.

24gkh8h.png
This a likely, conservative team with Xhaka for Doozy.

blaze_of_glory

I think it will be too early for Torreira to start as he's not been back long. Also pretty sure Ramsey (if fit) and Xhaka come back in now that preseason is over, but we'll see.

Think we'll line up:

-----------------------GK (dunno who) -------------------
Bellerin----------Mustaphi----Sokratis---------AMN
---------------------Doozy-------Xhaka------------
---------------------------Ramsey----------------------
----Mhiki----------------Auba---------------Özil------

Preacher

Always Crying
Result will depend on our defence performance. I don't have much faith in them these days. Emery has a big job in front of him.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Surley Litchtsteiner has to start ahead of Bellerin?

Hopefuly he walks out wearing the captains armband.

Went for a City win, purely because of the last few games between the sides, but then I thought, no Wenger, new ideas, more enthusiasm, so I reckon a draw is most likely.

Definitely the best time to play us, we struggled a bit in the first 3 games last season, so in reality, no result would really surprise me, I don't think either team will run away with it, I see a close game with 4 goals in it minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom