• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Domagoj Vida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
If we’re not going to buy top quality then we might as well stick with what we have atm and spend the money elsewhere. Simple as

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We can probably sell him for about 15m at least if he turns out to be a semi flop in about 3-4 years.
We’ll get 4m for vida if we’re lucky
We're making Gazillions, so I wouldn't be bothered about 30-40M.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Because he's already "old". He's not young like Vidic was. If it doesn't work he has no room for improvement and hash 0 resell value. He's gonna be another deadwood in the team that we won't be able to get rid off.
He's gonna be the perez in defence.

The thing is our club is never learning. Since we got money to spend they've wasted £65M (approximately) on Gabriel Chambers and Mustafi and none of them have improved us the slightest. Even worse we've gone backwards from the koscielny - per partnership.
This ressources could have bought us a top top quality defender.

I think it's time to make one good quality purchase and invest the proper amount of money once for all for years instead of wasting resources on the cheap option.

I don't see the point in buying Vida if it means we're gonna be in the market for another CB next summer.
Even if we get CL money we would still need to clear out deadwood and free up some wage because even emery is saying it: our squad is still way too big.
And buying the stop gap option is what has made us go backward.

So much ressources wasted with Perez Mustafi Welbeck Gabriel because we haven't made the right investment at the right time.
And now we're just losing huge amounts of money because their wage is too big and we are selling them at loss.

So yes I don't think Vida is worth it. It's a gamble we can't afford to make right now. If he was a £5M player then why not .
But a £20M+ price tag for a 29 years old playing in turkey isn't a good idea.
I can't believe we can't find a better player for this amount of money and a smarter investment.

It's obvious with the Sokratis and Litchtsteiner signings that Emery likes experienced players and cares more about a player's imediate impact rather than a player's resale value like Wenger.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's obvious with the Sokratis and Litchtsteiner signings that Emery likes experienced players and cares more about a player's imediate impact rather than a player's resale value like Wenger.

Or maybe he just wants to add a senior defender because Sokratis is the only one at the club atm.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

Lichsteiner was free and playing for one of the best club in Europe. And it's a one year deal
Sokratis 29 was playing in a very good club in Germany.

Vida is a big gamble that we don't need to take right now.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Does anyone even know what languages he can speak?

Could be a ****show between our new starting keeper, two new centerbacks & new defensive midfielder.

Price seems shocking as well. See Zouma available for loan & expect a United CB to become available tomorrow.

Taurus

I follow Besiktas every year (my dads a fan) this will be a very underwhelming signing, he looked decent at Besiktas but thats because it is the Turkish league and his partner was Pepe.

I dont know why we love to spend money on dross when we should just splash the money we have spent on average defenders to sign a class CB.

With the money we spent on Mustafi, Sokratis and possibly Vida, imagine we bought someone like Van Dijk instead and kept Chambers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom