• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UK Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2018

If you could only sign one player on DD, what position would it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

With Yerry Mina close to signing with Everton, it seems Kurt Zouma is available for loan, wonder if the chavs would loan him to us. Would be my dream left sided defender we’ve been looking for.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
38847461_10156191959864821_8420566821584764928_n.jpg

Absolutely hilarious
It's obvious by now that this dude is a curse, the summer after we sign him we only got Cech in and now the summer after Man U sign him they also have a **** tier window.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Love how the overwhelming response to hearing a rumour about a big money deadline day move for an exciting attacker is snorting derision. Can't even pretend to get excited haha.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
------Lacazette---------------Aubameyang----------/Welbeck, Nketiah
--------------------------------------------------------- /Iwobi, Nelson
-----------------------Özil----------------------------- /Mikhitaryian
---------Ramsey--------------------Xhaka-----------/AMN, Elneny, Willock
----------------------Torreira-------------------------/Guendouzi
Monreal-------------------------------------Bellerin/Kolasinac, Lichtsteiner
---------------Sokratis-------Mustafi----------------/Holding, Mavropanos
------------------------Leno---------------------------/Cech, Martinez

It's not a bad squad on paper (I know we are probably not playing 4-4-2).
We are not allowed to have many injuries.

Holding already played around 20 games in the PL, Mavropanos had a good game against United. We have new midfield alternatives with Guendouzi, Torreira and AMN will get their games too.

The offensive players are very flexible. For the CB positon we still have Bielik and Sheaf for an emergency. We don't have many "deadwood" players anymore (only Campbell, Jenkinson, Ospina) left.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's obvious by now that this dude is a curse, the summer after we sign him we only got Cech in and now the summer after Man U sign him they also have a **** tier window.
Fred looks a good player. They've also spent a ton in the last few windows. And like City have only had one big signing as a result.

Jose's issue has been what he has spent on has not lived upto the expectation.

Edit. Bielik as an emergency option :lol: :lol: remember someone thought he'd be a break through player after January last season. He has virtually zero chance of making it here.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Fred looks a good player. They've also spent a ton in the last few windows. And like City have only had one big signing as a result.

Jose's issue has been what he has spent on has not lived upto the expectation.
You got a point, though I think banking on an untested player from Ukraine pushing you forward is a bit too much for a club like theirs. Tbf Mourinho did have a list of couple of players he wanted, so it is kinda shocking they got apparently none of them, specially since he's been crying about wanting a cb and a fb all summer now.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The main squad issue looks to be very thin depth at CB combined with only one natural LB for three months. That has disaster all over it.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I am perfectly fine with our team. really glad we opened up minutes for our talents, it was about time. think Mavropanos and Holding will work their butts off like it or not, and there’s enough potential there to be excited about it.
our defense will get more cover, and we’re already defending more narrow which makes it easier for them. little change, big difference.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Dendoncker to Wolves. Seems like a signing I'd like to have seen us push through.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That's just down right nasty!

I don't think it is. It should be clear now that Jenkinson is not good enough for Arsenal, he did not manage to be a regular at Birmingham.

I can understand why he wants to stay here with that contract though. He'll be set up for life.

That being said, it is not "down right nasty" to simply point out the above fact. He is living the dream whilst stealing a living. But who can blame him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom