• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Maybe I am being too optimistic but I see us winning this! Let the new era begin with a W for us!

wayne189

There seems to be more team unity with joking around etc which is good to see. More cohesion and togetherness can only help though or course results can change everything. The squad just seems different mentally than previous seasons

Have you changed jobs bro?

Learning to be a diplomat :p
Ha!

I think just with recent events in my life, life on as football forum sort of pales into insignificance a bit. There will always be disagreements, and idiots that try and provoke an angry response, I'm just going to try and ignore them from now on, but I'm sure I'll bite at some point, I'll never be an angel :lol:

I mean, you had already won the league, right? So that's ultimately meaningless. We could win, but the reality is you're favorites here. Our squad is still visibly adapting to Emery's tactics while you're in full stride coming off of the Community Shield win.
Last season was the first time in 4 years that we won the title.

I agree we are favourites, but every result is absolutely possible.

We've still got KdB, Sterling, Ederson and David Silva to come back into the side too.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Ha!

I think just with recent events in my life, life on as football forum sort of pales into insignificance a bit. There will always be disagreements, and idiots that try and provoke an angry response, I'm just going to try and ignore them from now on, but I'm sure I'll bite at some point, I'll never be an angel :lol:

Aww. It was fun while it lasted.

Chaoz_Enigma

Cant seem to see how we are going to win this. City is too rampant....with our defense....well I can only hope that I will regret typing this message.

But win this I will go mental about how we'll win the league and get too high of expectations, before come crashing down in the middle of the season. Life of Arsenal supporters.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
My prediction:

City blow you away -> Small section of the fanbase (the AFTV crowd) will go mental and denounce Emery as a fraud -> You comfortably beat Chelsea a week later -> Same fans now think you'll win the league.
So basically, we're Liverpool now?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Hope the crowd is really up for this and makes it hostile for city (that goes for all opponents this season in fact - make it a place opposition fans, and hopefully players, don't look forward to visiting).

It's a new start so I'm hoping we get a positive performance/result.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ultimately this fixture is to soon to judge Emery on. Pep has taken two seasons and several hundred million to get to this point. I want us to be more competitive and not see the heads drop if we concede.
We've still 37 games to put things right and even then with the way we are changing it may take longer whether or not the fans and board give that time is another thing.

On a side note. How ridiculous is the City team

Aguero
Sane Mahrez B Silva
Fernandinho Delph

Jesus
Sterling D Silva Kdb
Gundogan Stones

Just for ****s and giggles Stones in midfield (he ended there against Chelsea) and they'd still have Kompany, Laporte or Otamendi to pick from in midfield :lol:

TheKippaxYears

Sheikh City
Hello lads, City fan here who passes through occasionally. Interesting season for you. Wenger has gone, but it had to be done. One of the greatest managers in the game, not a shadow of doubt about it. But the past is the past. I think Emery ‘s a good fit for you, and he’ll be more comfortable than he was at Paris. He had a load of prima donnas to deal with there. And some pretty doubtful treatment from his chairman, in my opinion.
This could go any way whatsoever, but I don’t really see a draw. To be honest, it would piss me off seriously to see our unbeaten record for the coming season broken right from the get-go. It’ll put down a marker for you and Emery if you win it, and for us if we do. I suspect that Kev De Bruyne won’t play, but Pep surely won’t leave out both him and Silva. The tie of the week-end, no question. May the best man win (so long as it’s us...)

Last edited:

Jackie_Treehorn

Alright people. I need help. In the states our TV coverage has become abysmal. I've been spoiled and have never really had to resort to streaming games. That will change this year. Is there a thread in here that'll help me figure out how to subvert these greedy bastard broadcasters in the USA? If not, can anyone give me advice? Sorry if this has been covered before. As I said, I've never even had to think about it, as TV coverage has been pretty nice for the last couple of years.

Cheers.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Alright people. I need help. In the states our TV coverage has become abysmal. I've been spoiled and have never really had to resort to streaming games. That will change this year. Is there a thread in here that'll help me figure out how to subvert these greedy bastard broadcasters in the USA? If not, can anyone give me advice? Sorry if this has been covered before. As I said, I've never even had to think about it, as TV coverage has been pretty nice for the last couple of years.

Cheers.
Hey, soccerstreams on reddit is the place imo. Never not had a quality stream there. Extra mile is to download acestream, which is what i have done.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
My prediction:

City blow you away -> Small section of the fanbase (the AFTV crowd) will go mental and denounce Emery as a fraud -> You comfortably beat Chelsea a week later -> Same fans now think you'll win the league.
A fickle heart is the only constant in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom