• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
We are not in the same league with City. They will run away with the title this year. Having said that, it was not an good overall performance by AFC today, we looked rather disjointed in CM. Some piss poor performances didn't help that either. Hopefully, we will improve from there.

Marmaduke

I don't really get the negativity, were we expecting to really beat City?

Like was said previously, I wouldn't judge much until halfway into the season but when all is said and done so fair I like Emery, he has some balls, not a lot of managers would put trust into Guendozi for such a big first match.

Reactions: Jae

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Odd game from Cech. His saves kept the score down but looked poor with his feet. Then again so did Ederson.

Guendouzi looked lightweight & not ready but carried the midfield when we had the ball. Imagine if we signed a more polished experienced version of him.

Lucas positioning & range of passing looked good.

Dont really want to see more than one of Özil / Xhaka / Micky start games. Özil it is.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

He's been bad today, but its not even close to his worst performance for us. Maybe not even top 10.

He offered nothing for the entire game. Watch the cross in the first half that Laporte headed away. The City defending was verging on schoolboy.. we had 3 players onside 6 yards from their goal mouth. Instead he drifted it right to Laporte's head.

A creative player that wasn't interested in taking the imitative or creating.. choosing all the wrong options at the right time. It was shocking, mate. For me, comfortably his worst performance for us and no amount of running about and looking like he is trying will change the lack of difference making quality he offered or even attempted to offer.

That was my most hated type of Arsenal performance. A bigshot team roll into our stadium with no real desire.. having a very average game in the process (the amount of times they coughed the ball up to us in number advantage situations was ridiculous) and we do absolutely nothing to take the initiative. No desire. No belief. No ingenuity. Absolutely pathetic.

This isn't an Emery thing. It's an Arsenal thing. They need to receive an absolute bollocking from him tonight and he needs to make the necessary adjustments to get us ready to fire at The Bridge.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Going to take a while. They played better but we had enough chances to make the game interesting. We had spirit but lacked application and composure at the crucial moments. The biggest disappointment apart from Özil was Mkhi. Full of running, but couldn’t string any passes together.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Terrible performance, bar a more energetic way of going forward, but it's very naive and without any discipline.
Our chemistry and attacking play were both pants and it's gonna take at least 2 months until they get up to snuff with what Emery wants.

Since we don't have any natural wingers other than Nelson, our wide play is pretty much non existent, so that's a pretty big problem.
Xhaka should be benched by Torreira, who's more tidy in possession and in his defensive duties while Gwen needs to work on his fitness.

So far it's still the same old Arsenal and we're definitely not ontenders for the title, since we lack some key players going forward and Özil still looks like that luxury player that drifts around aimlessly some time, doesn't do enough defensive work and doesn't dictate our play like a playmaker should.

CJJ

Established Member
I'll hold my judgement until i see us play some more games.

Today was a really tough test against the season favorites and there is plenty of games left.

Lets support the manager and players and not get dragged into our pit of negativity we've been in the last couple of years. #COYG!

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I guess I'm the only one that thought we looked quite different from last season?

Granted we were quite bad in the first half. But once we relaxed into the game we looked much better at systematically pressing the ball in the 2nd half.

Another crazy thing is how much better we looked with Ramsey off the pitch. It might be best to keep Özil in that #10 role and have Ramsey either next to Torreira (and telling him to do b2b rather than ss) or coming off the bench.

We looked much more dangerous with Lacazette and Aubameyang on the field together and Lacazette really should've had a goal today.

I'm happy by what I've seen personally, a lot of signs of how things could shape up and we should be lethal against most teams so long as Lacazette and Aubameyang play together.

c00lguy

I’m disappointed because overall we were poor in attack, highlighted by poor passing and organisation and failure to pressure City from promosing positions.
If City win the league again i will be surprised because I dont think they are that good.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
One of the biggest advantages of having an opponent like this in your first game is that your biggest flaws are exposed straight away and you can work on them. Defending was pretty solid throughout. It's further up the pitch where we are severely rusty. Lots of work for Emery but we'll get better. Patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom