• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sividomina

hi im juve fan , curious to see lichsteniner in 1st macth.
I think he did OK.
I saw the game for full 90 minutes .heres my thinking.
Cezch still a solid Goal keeper aside that almost blunder.
lacazette surely needs to be starter.
I would go 4 3 3 for next arsenal match, with leichsteiner as right back.
midfilder will be that "david luiz" , torreira and Özil. I noticed Özil still try so hard in the field. I know Özil played poor tonight though.
attack will be bellerin,lacazette and aubameyang.

do you have any good left back , I dont know.

ksarp

Are we really trying to give Ramsey a contract? Did y’all see Jack today for West Ham? These frauds will get exposed!

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Emery got the start quite wrong IMO, playing with no width killed us and made it a lot harder to defend.

Guendouzi and Torreira look a solid partnership and Sokratis has bedded in alright given how tough this game is.

Cech is finished.

Yeah I do agree with how we started out.

We need some width, which is worrying as we have no natural wide players bar Nelson and at a stretch Mkhitaryan (but I'm seriously questioning his commitment).

That said I actually thought Cech was good. Yes he could've done a bit better on the first goal but that aside it's his distribution that's a bit pants, but then, I don't think that's ever been his strong point.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
As I see it, Ramsey and Torreira has to be in midfield if they're fit. As for Ramsey tracking back, he's always been good at that. Always covered more ground than anyone else. I don't think that would be the issue. It would have to be he's just afraid that Ramsey would pull up if he's played too much.
I did say about Ramsey tracking back quick enough. He does track back but often slowly. His running stats are great but if he got back quicker then I feel that some chances for the opposition wouldn't exist. Today Torreira was running back at speed to snuff out the danger before the pass was made. Ramsey has big strides to make in his game to provide what we need.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
We looked a lot better than when we played against Chelsea tbh, I see positives here.

Emery tried to be a bit inventive with the formation with Ramsey playing as a striker and it didn't really work as we did nothing going forward in the first half. As soon as Ramsey went off suddenly we started doing more attack wise, but the players were beyond sloppy.

Defensively I thought we were solid except for the second goal, but not sure whose fault that was. I thought Bellerin and Lich both looked good today, Sokratis was really solid too.

In midfield Torreira looked like a gem as soon as he came on. Xhaka was awful and Guen doesn't look ready but he got better as the game went on and City eased off.

I think the game against Chelsea will be the real test for me, both teams have new managers and team quality wise I think they are around the same. Emery needs to get it right, more than he did today.

ksarp

Think the biggest reason for a lack of attacking thread was not having Laca on from start to finish and Mkhi and Özil having an off-day at the same game. Very odd.

I say, play two strikers up top. Laca and Auba on confidence playing together day in day out and any defense in the league ****s their pants.

They immediately drop deeper not to get caught on the counters

The lineup was ineffective from the start, AMN and Zil on one side. I thought Unai would have made a decision quicker to fix that.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Lich has to start now and I think Torreria will surely start next week. I am not too bothered about this result even though I was expecting a win as I always do with us :) let's stay positive and just enjoy the ride this season - I think it's going to take a little to get up and running but once it hits it will be great!

trippyhippy

I don't know how Ramsey can justify a new big contract.

It's really hard to suit him AND Özil in the same team. It has to be one or the other imo.

We should really keep going with Guendouzi to improve him, and make him play with Torreira.

Guendouzi Lucas
Özil
Mkhi Laca Auba

mkhitaryan is ****, absolute ****. the guy is finished. would rather have welbeck, iwobi.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What I didn't like today is our sloppy passing from the back xhaka still making these pass that put us under pressure Mkhi Özil on wings won't work please manager's need to understand it they play makers not wingers.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I did say about Ramsey tracking back quick enough. He does track back but often slowly. His running stats are great but if he got back quicker then I feel that some chances for the opposition wouldn't exist. Today Torreira was running back at speed to snuff out the danger before the pass was made. Ramsey has big strides to make in his game to provide what we need.

Run back quicker? It was clearly the tactics that he was playing CF

And with good results imo, we were not the same when he went of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom