• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Liked his intensity in the pressing, but overall doesn't offer enough to play in the middle.

Maybe the right wing is the best place for him.

nick gould

Liked his intensity in the pressing, but overall doesn't offer enough to play in the middle.

No need to create a position for Ramsey. For each position the manager has to weigh his options. If the options are better than Ramsey, then Ramsey should sit on the bench.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We saw clearly Ramsey best position is Advanced central midfielder he like to make runs from deep. So i hope Emery play him with either Matteo/Xhaka and Torreira

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Maybe playing in front of Bellerin is best for them both. They had a good connection down the right. Unfortunately Cazorlas injury problems put an end to that and you could argue both have gone backwards since.

lucky7

I think Emery wanted to change formation so he bring Laca
I've seen a few suggest that Ramsey is essentially playing false 9. If you think of the formation as a 4411 it makes sense to replace Ramsey with Laca.

I would have to rewatch but I don't recall Ramsey being involved too much in build up play.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ramsey is more suited to ACM than the CM role. Ramsey's lack of technical abillity is less exposed further up and we got to see him make good runs in our attacking movements without him leaving us as vurenable as he does when at CM

Ramsey build up play or lack of shows why is isn't good enough to perform the ACM role for a big club. Ramsey is effectively a poors man Lampard AKA Welsh kevin Nolan.

Last edited:

c00lguy

Was one of our best players. The control he has with the ball at his feet is insane. Got himself into good positions to create good chances but unfortunately the forwards squandered them all.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yup always has been . Ramsey's at his best two way gut running , tackling and arriving late in the box . What he's not good at is all things required as a 10.
There's at least 3 guys in the squad who could play the no 10 role better .

seanb85

Was one of our best players. The control he has with the ball at his feet is insane. Got himself into good positions to create good chances but unfortunately the forwards squandered them all.

You've got a profile pic of Freddie in his Calvins, pretty much says it all about your opinions on the game...

Ramsey was AWFUL yesterday. I was at the game, not watching on Sky Sports, I was there and nothing he tried came off. The control he has with the ball at his feet is insane, you're right, insane as in how can a professional football player have such a BAD TOUCH TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN

He squandered opportunities. He tried flicks in stupid areas when a touch would have been the most appropriate course of action. He was terrible and I maintain that our best starting 11 does NOT INCLUDE RAMSEY.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
A lot of people credit the individual change for the team playing better when he went off for Lacazette, but I think it was more down to the system. With Ramsey the press was an unusual 433 which we haven't seen too often, with Laca it went back to the 442 shape we mostly saw in pre season - it's clear why spacing, closing down etc got a lot better: the players were far more use to this shape.

As for Ramsey...average performance, but you could see what he is about as a player. Personally, I like him in midfield as part of the second wave of the press and coming from deep, as he is capeable of defensive work and actually got some good passes in his locker.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
A lot of people credit the individual change for the team playing better when he went off for Lacazette, but I think it was more down to the system. With Ramsey the press was an unusual 433 which we haven't seen too often, with Laca it went back to the 442 shape we mostly saw in pre season - it's clear why spacing, closing down etc got a lot better: the players were far more use to this shape.

As for Ramsey...average performance, but you could see what he is about as a player. Personally, I like him in midfield as part of the second wave of the press and coming from deep, as he is capeable of defensive work and actually got some good passes in his locker.
Did Ramsey pay your rent?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Agreed. It does not even have to be an argument of the Ramsey out fraction and Ramyey in fraction, it was hardly a game where we could see his worth in that position as we've been pretty much outplayed till Ramsey left the field.

He cannot replace Laca and we should start both, PEA and Laca anyways, but we still have to judge Ramsey in a game where we play better as a whole and have more control in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom