• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTheMac

Disclaimer: This theory probably won't ever happen and we need this guy at right back imo cause bellerin is so **** but.....
... I wonder can he play at centre back? He'd be a good foil to Sokratis. He'd be a pacy centre half with excellent reading and good distribution and also would form a very experienced, high on leadership and error free defensive partnership. It wouldn't be a long term solution but could help this season considering our defensive issue.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Better on the left than Bellarin was on the right. He even put in more crosses. They weren't good but at least he tried with his left.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Experienced, solid, straight forward game, doesn't take ****. Very good signing. Has to start over Bellerin from now on until the latter starts showing any signs of usefulness again.

The Sokratis/Lichtsteiner left looked a lot more assured and safe than the right of Mustafi/Bellerin, and that wasn't just down to Mustafi. Bellerin is just so defensively unaware and indecisive, he's causing a lot of problems to the CB next to him and the defence in general.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Solid while playing out of position, but wasn't he the one who lost Silva for the goal?

Wouldn't expect him to track Silva's run into the centre of the box. That's a completely different zone.

The problem was the lack of closing down on the crosser.. as well as Mustafi getting his angles completely wrong and literally marking nothing instead of being in the way to cut that ball out.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Solid while playing out of position, but wasn't he the one who lost Silva for the goal?

Yeah he did , he got on Silva and got caught ball watching while Silva manouvered for the cut back on his blind side . School boy error .

Peterq

I love old Wenger but that's why you need experience in modern football. This guy shows our team how to BE on the pitch, even ref knows that. That conversation with Oliver was priceless :lol:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Hard as nails mentally. Need to find a way to share that to quite a few in the squad.

I think our defence will start to take shape and look a lot more solid once he and monreal are at full back.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This guy has so much of what we've been missing, great mentality and I think he will be infectious to the younger players around him. When Monreal is fit I'd play Lichsteiner in place of Bellerin, it may give the latter the kick up the arse he needs to improve his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom