• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOONER1991

Established Member
The main benefit of El Neny is that he will consistently show for the ball, which is unlike Xhaka last Sunday who at times was marking himself out of the game. Potentially Emery's thinking for playing El Neny will be to improve our options when passing out from deep.

However, El Neny is a nothing player in defence and attack. I'm far from a fan, so would be disappointed to see him start. I'd also be uncomfortable if we start a completely different midfield to last week.

Can only hope that if he does start El Neny, he manages to bring balance back to our midfield.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Potentially Emery's thinking for playing El Neny will be to improve our options when passing out from deep.
Guendouzi is much better passer from deep already at 19. He made a one or two defensive mistakes last week though.

Emery has to make a decision whether to cultivate him and develop his greater long term potential in the thick of it, or go with experience.

boyinneedofhumor

Torreira's cameo vs City last week was interesting. If you noticed, when he made his runs back, he was looking at the play.

Him and Elneny seem to be the 2 players more aware of where to position themselves to receive and recycle the ball at base of midfield. There's 3 others ahead in midfield, so I have no problems if they stick to playing safe.

Guendouzi may have more potential and play both DM or B2B well. But if he starts, he needs to stick to his (defined) role well.

Axel9090

Emery is really making it hard for me to like him right now. Iwobi? Xhaka still in the side? No Torreira!!!!

Im fuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom