• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I mean, it's a big game so not surprised but it's disappointing because again we are 1 dimensional without a pacy dribbler and he is still not even considered. They didn't need both Torreira and Elneny on the bench.

Nelson isn't ready for the PL yet.
He can show good games in the EL/cups and then he will get some minutes maybe this season.

Hudson-Odoi is not even on the bench for Chelsea too.

Giroud12

Holy ****. Our three best players from last game (Torreira, Laca, Lich) on the bench, while our three worst (Özil, Xhaka, Miki) start.

Very, very weird. Emery better have a plan or this could turn ugly very early. Losing to Chelsea away is on thing, but losing due to the wrong tactics or line-up, its inexcusable.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Everyone who’s mad about Torreira might need to consider that he’s just not ready atm for whatever reason.

Then we should be starting Elneny instead of Guendouzi. Guendouzi is clearly not ready to be a starter too, and even worse is starting him with Xhaka. Watch us concede goals again because of our weak midfield.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He can show good games in the EL/cups and then he will get some minutes maybe this season.

It's debatable whether Xhaka is ready for the PL and he's been handed starts for 2 seasons now. :lol: I would rather experiment with an unproven but talented commodity than a proven sh*t one.

SteveEvets

Don't like the team selection so much, but at least we have a proper bench if it goes wrong. **** it we'll win this 2-1.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He'll never be ready if he doesn't play in the league either. At some point, he needs to be trusted. It's whatever, I hope we win regardless, Iwobi should at least be a step in the right direction.

As for Hudson-Odoi, I'm sure he's got an injury, but if not, he should be on the bench for Chelsea too.

I for one am glad Guendouzi did not get dropped but Xhaka should have been IMO. He wasn't good. I hope he's better today. It's not a bad lineup IMO, but it's an odd one.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Surprised people are targeting Guendouzi spot rather than Xhaka.

Xhaka should be dropped for this one. He’s not ready and hasn’t been ready the past two seasons. Not cut for this level.

Reactions: Ara

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Maybe not write off but not necessarily expect a result when you consider the changes he's trying to make. After these two games there's a great run until November 2 to make up the points and climb the table:
West Ham
Cardiff
Newcastle
Everton
Watford
Fulham
Leicester
Crystal Palace

I'll have higher expectations for the reverse fixtures against City/Chelsea when Emery has made more of an imprint on the squad and style of play
The change he should be focused on is bringing back winning football to Arsenal. There are times to mess around and play with lineups, today shouldn't be one of them.

The past couple of seasons we've matched up against Chelsea pretty well. No need to try to throw away this game.

Plus, those matches you speak of, it's best to go into them having put up a good fight and maybe even getting a win in these two matches. Let those teams know that even with the changes Arsenal are still a team to be reckoned with.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Then we should be starting Elneny instead of Guendouzi. Guendouzi is clearly not ready to be a starter too, and even worse is starting him with Xhaka. Watch us concede goals again because of our weak midfield.
I’d agree with this if you switched Matteo with granit. Think he’s more ready than people think he is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom