• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksarp

There's no such thing as football IQ or football intelligence you gain all that through experience. Experience is what makes you a smart footballer.

I’ll give you case that disproves your assertion. Look no further than Mustaphi. Is he experienced? If he is, then why does continue to make mistakes?
Most likely because he lacks the IQ. Look at Iwobi’s decision making in the offensive third. He made two bone headed plays today. Those were not physical errors, those were mental errors which is a reflection of his soccer IQ.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Alright, so after watching the extended highlights I observed that we had 4 similar chances where the ball came in the box and someone showed up to put it in the net. Only once did it convert into a goal.

That defense splitting pass from Gwen was something I haven't seen at Arsenal since Fabregas was playing here. A thing of beauty and also a very sad thing considering we had to wait so long to see something like that.

Us playing a high line is like giving points for free to our opponents. Until we master the pressing game, which will take quite a while, we shouldn't even think about it unless we're already a few goals behind and there's nothing to lose.

Last edited:

Just saw the misses...

Im one of few posters that has been mentioning that we miss awful lot of what I would call golden chances. A chances that no should miss. Peobably started mentioning it a few years ago and was called troll for it.

So hard to put a finger on it. Who do you blame really? Managers? Nah... Auba and Laca are world class finishers yet this omen seems to want to follow us for little while longer.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's just a loan, no? But I could see Real allowing it to become permanent if it opens up the door to Madrid getting Hazard.

It is, but yes you're right, and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the plan all along. Kovacic will have a MAJOR impact this season. I was desperate for us to sign him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just saw the misses...

Im one of few posters that has been mentioning that we miss awful lot of what I would call golden chances. A chances that no should miss. Peobably started mentioning it a few years ago and was called troll for it.

So hard to put a finger on it. Who do you blame really? Managers? Nah... Auba and Laca are world class finishers yet this omen seems to want to follow us for little while longer.

Top class finishers yes but World Class? Nah. They have a World Class anticipation of space and movement which is why they get so many chances. But they can both be very wasteful.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Just saw the misses...

It's been like this for ages. Remember when Özil created 9 goal scoring chances vs. Bournemouth and we ended up winning only 2-0 with Gabriel and Özil himself scoring ? Walcott, Sanchez and Giroud were missing chances for fun.

One was hoping that with Walcott and Giroud moving out, the chance conversion stats would improve, however today was a dark reminder.

Arsenio Venger

Had no service during the game, just wanted to say that we should’ve been up at least 4-2 at halftime, but once hazard and kovacic came in, we didn’t get those same chances because we had to be more careful with them.

This result sucks we needed at least a point. Guendozi is a beast offensively but he shouldn’t play with Xhaka because Xhaka can’t cover for him. Had my Özil jersey on but he was invisible.

Auba’s misses hurt but I’m sure he will bounce back but that can’t happen. Miki bounced back after the defensive lapse and the gimmie goal. Bellerin provided some good pass but he’s not stable defensively.

Want to see Torreira with Ramsey, Litchtsteiner on the left in big games, and Lacazette starting with Auba (though Iwobi was solid). We need a win steak. Let’s get it.

Last edited:

TheArsenalis

Can somebody get a clip of that last goal? There are so many ways that goal could have been prevented. Why are we afraid to take one for the team anand fvcking foul somebody. Jeez. Sick of this goodie goodie attitude.
You give away a foul, fans will still slate the players. Lol. Mustafa mashed into chelsea striker got a booking. He got called out for it. Xhaka flattered Pedro, got booked. Got called out for it. Everything this group a player does. They get hammered.:confused:

It's been like this for ages. Remember when Özil created 9 goal scoring chances vs. Bournemouth and we ended up winning only 2-0 with Gabriel and Özil himself scoring ? Walcott, Sanchez and Giroud were missing chances for fun.

One was hoping that with Walcott and Giroud moving out, the chance conversion stats would improve, however today was a dark reminder.

I always remember that Rosicky miss against open goal 1 meter away in CL. Since then every time we miss chance our grandmothers would convert. Im all like "sure... why not..."

dj grutto

Hi everyone, I have been following this forum for a couple of years now and thought it would be nice to join the discussion every now and then.

Thought it was a breathtaking first half where we fought back tremendously. I think we will see that more in this new era as players start to realise that Unai isn't accepting weak performances and no desire and drive from the players. If you are not performing or putting an effort in you will get subbed. Özil needs to be on the bench next week as he really is underperforming.

I think our midfield three has to change drastically. Unai needs a midfield three of players that are working hard and are comfortable on the ball. At least, if he wants to continue his style of play.
A midfield three of

--Guendouzi--
Iwobi---Torreira

could be interesting.
All three of them are able to work hard, get past a man, pick a pass and defend. They are also technically good, which could help in the build-up play we want to play and provide a better link to our attacking third.

If else the style of football has to be more adjusted to the players we have. I think with players like Özil and aubameyang you need the attack faster and more direct to profit from their qualities. If you break out fast you can combine the vision from players like Özil and Mkhitaryan and the space behind the opponents defenders.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Top class finishers yes but World Class? Nah. They have a World Class anticipation of space and movement which is why they get so many chances. But they can both be very wasteful.

Erm Auba had a 31% conversion rate last season which is incredible for a striker.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What? My profile works again! Ai Caramba, donde esta autobus?

Watching today's match I have hope that we will improve. Some of our new signings look fine. We are getting rid of some baggage. If someone can now light a fire under Mr. Özil's a*s we will be fine. His attitude really sucks big time...

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I’ll give you case that disproves your assertion. Look no further than Mustaphi. Is he experienced? If he is, then why does continue to make mistakes?
Most likely because he lacks the IQ. Look at Iwobi’s decision making in the offensive third. He made two bone headed plays today. Those were not physical errors, those were mental errors which is a reflection of his soccer IQ.

do Micki and Auba lack football IQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom