• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He should fix Europe first. If I want one person at the top of FIFA, it's Arséne Wenger. But he's not a bureacrat, not an official, but too much of a manager and an honest man to ever be considered for such a job.
Yeah I agree, too principled for that job by far. He would be brilliant at it though.

Giroud12

Just watched this Wenger/Arsenal documentary on Youtube. Whenever I think about what he actually did I´m still amazed.

Not only the Invincible season, but managing to basically pay off the Emirates by himself, selling his star players season after season, competing with the financial doped clubs and big spenders such as Manu, yet STILL getting top 4 every year. Look at Liverpool and Sp**s, spending hundreds of millions over that same period, yet not getting top 4 regularly. And were not talking about scraping 1-0s Mourinho style, but actually playing some of the most beautiful football the world has ever seen.

Then its the Invincble season, something not even City will ever manage despite spending 400 mill already. Freddie, Henry, Bergkamp, Vieria, Petit, Parlour, Lauren... Relatively unknown guys that in total cost the same as your average City bench warmer, even when adjusted for inflation etc. The way he built the best team England has ever seen, never spending big and rarely buying the finished product, playing football best described as art, is almost unbelievable.

I still think Wenger is criminally underrated, despite all the praise he has gotten. Its probably one of those things people dont understand as its happening, but I think nobody will ever mention those 7 years or what ever he didn´t win a trophy (which he never should have, really) in a decade from now. His achievements will go down in history. For me the top 4/Emirates/financial doping era and the Invincibles season should put him miles ahead of Pep, Mourinho etc.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Anyone else feel a bit detached from the club since Wenger left?
The feeling I've been having is like that when you're going out with a bunch of people because you have a mutual friend that is the glue which holds the gang together and now that he's gone you're not really hanging out as often.
I can relate to this - not jus because Wenger has gone but the break up of so much of his team - no Kos, no Per, no Jack, no Ollie

I still want Arsenal to get back to winning ways, but I don't think it would mean so much to me if they do, or upset me that much if they don't

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I still want Arsenal to get back to winning ways, but I don't think it would mean so much to me if they do, or upset me that much if they don't
I've been feeling like this in the last part of the season because I wasn't going to give myself anymore heartache than I already had, but now I just feel indifferent, to be honest.

I missed the derby with Chelsea to go rewatch Taxi Driver in open air and it didn't bother me much.
In a way, it's quite liberating to not think about how a team is going to screw it up every week.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I wonder if Wenger now feels much like we do - I hope he does
I think a part of him is relieved to not be so much under the microscope and harassed, but on the other hand, the man is a workaholic and I'm surprised he didn't take another job yet. Must be waiting for something good to come along.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I think a part of him is relieved to not be so much under the microscope and harassed, but on the other hand, the man is a workaholic and I'm surprised he didn't take another job yet. Must be waiting for something good to come along.
France winning the WC was perhaps a bit of a bummer for him, as surely had Deschamps got the boot Wenger would have got his job

Gegen Pressing

France winning the WC was perhaps a bit of a bummer for him, as surely had Deschamps got the boot Wenger would have got his job

Not sure, also Zidane could also be in the mix. Wenger usually doesn't go for the obvious shiny trophy jobs...
At this point Wenger might just decide to retire , write his Memoires on his desert island or yacht off into the sunset ... he's deserved it .

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The feeling I've been having is like that when you're going out with a bunch of people because you have a mutual friend that is the glue which holds the gang together and now that he's gone you're not really hanging out as often.

Just the opposite actually. Experienced extreme apathy for the last couple of seasons, bourne out of a feeling of knowing how the league campaign was going to pan out before a ball was even kicked. The losses weren’t hurting at all.

Will defo try and attend more games this time around (£ willing)

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Everything that made Arsenal,good and bad has virtually gone. The club feels lifeless and I suspect that a Kroenke out movement will surface when we continue to fall short. We have no special players or top ex players in a high profile position.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
it must hurt Wenger to think, that all that was built up, brick by brick, is now just another real estate asset of Kroenke's.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Join the club. That feeling has been accentuated by the Kroenke takeover as well. It feels that the club is slowly being stripped of its identity.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I feel exactly the same. In a way it`s a bit of a relief as I find I don`t take defeat as hard as when Arsène was here. Don`t get me wrong, I was very disappointed yesterday and Arsenal is still a big part of my life but at least good to know Arsène won`t be blamed for everything that goes wrong. I miss him, I really do, especially his press conferneces, he always had something interesting to say. Emery is likeable and I understand language makes it difficult so far to communicate but so far he seems like the typical PL-manager bland.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

The massive turnover of players last 24 months doesn't help either. Its like we became a petrol club but without the winning. I find myself invested more in the likes of the youth & then 'old guard' like Koscielny. I can see the stadium being pretty empty after Christmas... Ambivalence is the danger for a football club.

I feel exactly the same. In a way it`s a bit of a relief as I find I don`t take defeat as hard as when Arséne was here. Don`t get me wrong, I was very disappointed yesterday and Arsenal is still a big part of my life but at least good to know Arséne won`t be blamed for everything that goes wrong.

There will always be clowns.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Probably not an uncommon sentiment among fans who were children when Arsène took over or who may not have known Arsenal at all without him. He became synonymous with the club itself.

The first time I watched Arsenal the manager was Bertie Mee and the lineup included players such as Charlie George, Frank McLintock, George Armstrong, George Graham, Pat Rice and Bob Wilson. So, much as I miss Arsène, I always realized that time stops for nobody. Change was inevitable.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
It's not that simple - I wanted Wenger gone, and apart perhaps from Ollie (I am female, don't forget;)) I don't regret our squad turnover - I just can't relate to the new Arsenal, that's all

maybe I'll feel differently after a few months, when the new lads have bedded in, but I fear the things that made Arsenal special, and made me support them, are gone forever
This is not unique to Arsenal though. Chelsea and especially City have taken a sledgehammer to everything that made football great.

Kroenke aside, Arsenal are still one of the few clubs with a bit of class.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
This is not unique to Arsenal though. Chelsea and especially City have taken a sledgehammer to everything that made football great.

Kroenke aside, Arsenal are still one of the few clubs with a bit of class.

Company, Aguero, David Silva and Fernandinho are the only players City have left from their 2013-14 champs. Only Hazard, Cesc, Azpilicueta, Willian and Gary Cahill remain from Chelsea's 2014-15 title team (unless you count Christensen, who played 12 minutes before going off to Borussia Monchengladbach on a 2-year loan).

Arsenal actually still has Koscielny, Özil, Ramsey, Nacho, Welbeck, Jenkinson, Bellerin and Emiliano Martinez left from 2014-15. Plus Chambers out on loan. Well, Ospina too, but I don't expect him back.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom