• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
We've seen this before. There's a lot of problems with Mustafi but one of the standout problems is that he's physically weak. Not big or strong, and not very quick. With our ridiculously high line one of the things you need is to be physically dominant because you will inevitably land yourself in positions where you're in space with the striker. Koscielny before his injuries was able to play in that type of defence. Most half decent strikers will wait on Mustafi's shoulder and fancy themselves against him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We've seen this before. There's a lot of problems with Mustafi but one of the standout problems is that he's physically weak. Not big or strong, and not very quick. With our ridiculously high line one of the things you need is to be physically dominant because you will inevitably land yourself in positions where you're in space with the striker. Koscielny before his injuries was able to play in that type of defence. Most half decent strikers will wait on Mustafi's shoulder and fancy themselves against him.

Agree but have to say last season Mustafi pocketed him physically. The system is different now I guess because he looks like he's marking air .

scytheavatar

Established Member
The Morata goal was far from good, but are we really going to hammer a defender being done 1 on 1 vs a pacey forward,with loads of space?

Do you want us to finish top 4, and eventually win the title? Then we need exceptional talent at the back. Talent that wouldn't be beaten 1 on 1 vs a pacey forward. This whole transfer strategy of getting big names in the front and potatoes at the back is the nonsense that is killing us.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Our defense situation is a joke.

Next summer we will need to find an upgrade over Bellerin, Mustafi and find a proper replacement for Nacho who is getting older.

So we will have basically to start over next summer and build a new defence.

Mustafi is so so bad.

TheArsenalis

No of course not! He just had to keep him on the right and therefore less central to goal. It's basic defending. No manager can iron out stupidity.
Cut him some slack man, it's easy for pundits to sit in the Tele and talk hypotheics.
Morata had him on a rope, on his strong side too. Where you don't want him shooting.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I actually think our defensive pairing have done decently. Our fullbacks, defensive mids , and general midfield shape have let them down, giving them too much work to do. Its the same old story right now.

I dont blame Emery because you just have to give the guy time. He cant change our dross system and defensive ability overnight vs top sides, I'm just dissapointed we didnt capitalise on our chances because it could have been 4-2 at HT

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Cut him some slack man, it's easy for pundits to sit in the Tele and talk hypotheics.
Morata had him on a rope, on his strong side too. Where you don't want him shooting.
I'm not a pundit or on the TV ;). What I saw was Moratta on his stronger right foot but outside the posts. Just hold your line and shepherd him away from goal. Don't get turned so easily and offer up the entire goal for him to score with his weaker left. I'll praise him when he does well but I'm not going to cut him any slack for a school boy error I'm afraid.

TheArsenalis

I'm not a pundit or on the TV ;). What I saw was Moratta on his stronger right foot but outside the posts. Just hold your line and shepherd him away from goal. Don't get turned so easily and offer up the entire goal for him to score with his weaker left. I'll praise him when he does well but I'm not going to cut him any slack for a school boy error I'm afraid.
Bra, lol no your not tv pundit but this is kinda **** stick the use to beat a player with.

Mustafi was on the back foot, right where any striker worth his salt running at you would want you. He was ina position to get raped and he got his **** pushed in.

Striker on his right foot sold him a dummy and he bought it. I would've came down on mustafi like a tun of bricks if he made mustafi shoot from there and ddnt try to block it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Bra, lol no your not tv pundit but this is kinda **** stick the use to beat a player with.

Mustafi was on the back foot, right where any striker worth his salt running at you would want you. He was ina position to get raped and he got his **** pushed in.

Striker on his right foot sold him a dummy and he bought it. I would've came down on mustafi like a tun of bricks if he made mustafi shoot from there and ddnt try to block it.
We'll just have to disagree on this one. Roll on West Ham.

baccy_man

Established Member
I hate to see Mustafi passing the ball back to the keeper and putting the keeper under pressure when he would be better of just hoofing the ball up the pitch,
Mustafi quite often gets caught in possession and puts the rest of the defence in trouble,
He needs to be more aware of what is happening around him.

oldkingclancy

I genuinely can't believe that nobody has told Mustafi to stop trying to win the ball from behind players. It happens several times a game when the ball is played into a strikers feet that instead of holding his ground he tries steal in front or just goes through the back of the striker. It's stupidity at times, occasionally he gets to the ball first but more often than not he gets rolled and exposed or commits a needless foul. He may have a decent game every now and again but we shouldn't have to rely on someone that inconsistent

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
We used to have Franny Jeffers up-front.

Now we have Mustafi at the back.

Kudos to both Everton and Valencia.

Reactions: Jae

MustOezil

The Morata goal was far from good, but are we really going to hammer a defender being done 1 on 1 vs a pacey forward,with loads of space?

I think Mustafi has been good this season.

If you watch the whole situation before Morata got the ball, Mustafi should have dropped deeper to cover, but he didn't. This happened many times before and will continue with him in the team. His footballing iq is low, he rarely reaches headers, gets bullied by bigger players. He is a second tier defender and doesn't belong in a team fighting for top 4.

We need to shift this clown out asap.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Should never have been in the position he was 1 v 1 vs Morata in the first place, that was a collective defensive error in terms of how we held the line. He probably should have done better, but it was a good turn by Morata in fairness.

Regardless I'd be more worried about how situation arose more than how well Mustafi did in trying to prevent the goal.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Man shut the hell up. You shouldn't need to be told you're ****ing up for some of the **** he pulled.

37OB-fypikwt4288554.gif

This clown stays pointing and moaning as he trys to shift the blame of his ****ness on the pitch, so I'm not surprised by this nonsense response.

What I see in that clip is Monreal who is Lazy and doesn't present himself so mustafi had someone to pass

And then make a weaksauce attempt to win the ball

Monreal in a nutshell

Could be poor communication to, others not telling him that he got someone on his back

So in that clip, where Mustafi loses the ball, you see Monreal's fault?

This place is bonkers, blame Monreal and Özil, and praise Mustafi and Xhaka

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Should never have been in the position he was 1 v 1 vs Morata in the first place, that was a collective defensive error in terms of how we held the line. He probably should have done better, but it was a good turn by Morata in fairness.

Regardless I'd be more worried about how situation arose more than how well Mustafi did in trying to prevent the goal.
At times we focus too much time on individual mistakes when it is a collective issue. Good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom