• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

It is not only the hair that reminds me of David Luis :p

Sometimes he be jogging when he should be running, caught out of position, goes to the wrong side when defending, marks too loosely

Offensively he looks great, the travelling with the ball, longballs crosses etc
He managed more tackles than anyone in our team, 4 and 5 interceptions. Xhaka got a yellow card from the only tackle he managed all game. But I have to admit everyone in our team found the second half challenging.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If you want the team to perform better in the long term, you blood the talented young players to improve their individual level, thus effecting the team as a result.
Don't bother mate. Honestly, he hasn't got a clue. Watch his posting. Literally goes against everyone just so he can claim he isn't 'posting with the crowd'. Makes no rational judgement on any player and acts as a typical fanboy in most threads. Pathetic poster.

Case in point
He managed more tackles than anyone in our team, 4 and 5 interceptions. Xhaka got a yellow card from the only tackle he managed all game. But I have to admit everyone in our team found the second half challenging.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I love the kid, no idea why people are hating on him.

People set their stalls out after preseason saying he had a long way to go and was behind people like Xhaka but he has proven them wrong. Instead of acknowledging this people tend to stick to their guns and find ways to undermine performances. You’ll see the same in the Lacazette thread. Immediately **** on any performance by pointing out every minor mistake because they declared him to be Darren Bent when he was signed.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
People set their stalls out after preseason saying he had a long way to go and was behind people like Xhaka but he has proven them wrong. Instead of acknowledging this people tend to stick to their guns and find ways to undermine performances. You’ll see the same in the Lacazette thread. Immediately **** on any performance by pointing out every minor mistake because they declared him to he Darren Bent when he was signed.
All too true.

Reactions: Jae

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
This kid is the real deal,you have to be blind not to see it
The most surprising is his passing ability,he is gonna be a star

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
So what’s our best MF atm....Doozy, Lucas and ???? Ramsey?
Xhaka - Guendouzi
Torreira​
Is a lot more safe. I genuinely don't trust Xhaka to shield our defence but he is our best distributor in midfield and until Guendouzi can fully replace him (his passing at his age is sublime, can only get better), I feel he has a starting place.

Very hot and cold on Ramsey, when he plays and interchanges in midfield, I would have him in a heartbeat, but vacating his midfield role and clogging up our attack is a lot more detrimental when we aren't clinical.

Another option is Iwobi in place of Xhaka in CM. He is faster, has good hold up play, decent passer and very good dribbler. Has impressed each time he has been in midfield.

PEA - Lacazette - Özil
Xhaka - Guendouzi
Torreira
Monreal - Sokratis - Mustafi - Lich
Cech​

Iwobi in place of Xhaka

cannonade

Established Member
Xhaka - Guendouzi
Torreira​
Is a lot more safe. I genuinely don't trust Xhaka to shield our defence but he is our best distributor in midfield and until Guendouzi can fully replace him (his passing at his age is sublime, can only get better), I feel he has a starting place.

Very hot and cold on Ramsey, when he plays and interchanges in midfield, I would have him in a heartbeat, but vacating his midfield role and clogging up our attack is a lot more detrimental when we aren't clinical.

Another option is Iwobi in place of Xhaka in CM. He is faster, has good hold up play, decent passer and very good dribbler. Has impressed each time he has been in midfield.

PEA - Lacazette - Özil
Xhaka - Guendouzi
Torreira
Monreal - Sokratis - Mustafi - Lich
Cech​

Iwobi in place of Xhaka
I like your way of thinking, but is this a setup we’re likely to seem from Emery atm? Isn’t he focused on a 433?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom