• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He let Alonso stroll in to the box for his goal. Very good on the ball. Excited to see him starting and relegating Xhaka to the bench

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Very poor for the third goal. In fact awful. Simply failed to get goal side. And dwelled on it for to long right at the edge of the box. Normally I'd say he didn't pick up the pace of the game but he came on at half time and the pace dropped considerably.

We made the right call not to start him. And hopefully yesterday was a sharp learning curve. This isn't Italian football anymore.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The third goal was 90% Lacazette's fault. Torreira got caught ball watching at the end but what Laca did before that was inexplicable

I've only seen the highlights but that back pass, its like he was confused by the shirts and thought he was playing for France. No idea what was going through his head, even if it had found an Arsenal player it would have still been a strange pass.

Zaza

Could've done better for the third goal but he was ok today. Positioning was great, blocked a few passing lanes and is great on the ball.
Neither him or Guendouzi have Xhaka's passing range though.
Should be first choice.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The third goal was 90% Lacazette's fault. Torreira got caught ball watching at the end but what Laca did before that was inexplicable

I agree- I hate blaming forwards for goals as it’s not their job to defend but **** me, that was a terrible ball from Laca. And his attempt to win the ball back was equally as bad.

Torreira did get caught ball watching to an extent but it was a clever finish from that ****** Alonso. Torreira made some key tackles and interceptions when he came on- which is what his game is about.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

:lol:. I know a lot of people don't rate Elneny but he's good at recycling the ball quickly and making himself available for a pass. If he can rediscover his forward impetus and try harder to tackle,then I think he can be useful.

I know...it's more to do with the fact that we need a faster, more mobile version of Elneny who can win the ball. Oh wait that's AMN - pity he's injured :(

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Think Laca is under a bit of pressure, what with Auba being the preferred forward probably wanting to make an impact to cement his position when Auba had an off day. He tried to play a quick pass back and run into space for the return ball, it was poorly executed but hardly inexplicable.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

How this goal can be 90% Lacazette's fault?

He played a poor pass back, yes.
When Hazard had the ball on the left, our completely defensive line was behind the ball. Torreira, Guendouzi and Aubameyang were all in our penalty box when the cross came in.

Only Ramsey and Mikhi were far away from our goal, but still in our own half. You have a cross like this so many times in a game, but Alonson was completely unmarked.

Torreira was next to Alonso on the edge of the penalty box, then Alonso sprinted to the first post and Torreira stopped his run. No idea why.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think Laca is under a bit of pressure, what with Auba being the preferred forward probably wanting to make an impact to cement his position when Auba had an off day. He tried to play a quick pass back and run into space for the return ball, it was poorly executed but hardly inexplicable.

I have no sympathy. The threat to his place should inspire him to improve if he is mentally strong. Auba hardly set the world on fire anyway.

He had the ball near the half way line on the counter-attack and played it 25 yards back into our own half straight to the most dangerous man on the pitch.

Even if it had been well executed, that to me is really bizarre. His attempt to win it back was extremely pathetic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom