• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | August 25th | KO: 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmaduke

Emery should seriously look into converting Bellerin to a right winger. Excellent option when going on the offence but a liability when the opposing team's left flank dart past him. Get it done & leave the right back position to Lichsteiner.
Even with his offensive performance I think purely as an RB today Bellerin was rubbish. His speed won't bail him out for much longer.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
tenor.gif
I've noticed this before:
Untitled.jpg

Walcott has an easy ball on for Özil but Ramsey thinks he's the better option

Untitled2.jpg

This one is my favourite because Alexis has rounded the keeper and literally all he has to do is shoot it into an empty net but Ramsey is still screaming for the ball

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
-------Torreira - Xhaka
Mkhi ----- Özil ------ Auba
------------ Laca

How about that? Torreira's got to start, he makes us more solid, simple as that.

Marmaduke

3 Points gives some breathing space, but 3 weeks on and I haven't seen much improvement in our performances and Emery still doesn't seem sure about his first team with all the chopping and changing game to game and at half times. Can't continue like this for much longer surely, gotta pick and stick with his first team.
To be fair its only 3 games and also the players need to understand there is competition if they are not performing. So far Emery seems to make fair substitutions.

Today Guindozi's performance was sloppy and he was rightly pulled out instead of Xhaka.

Alkane

Would love to see Welbeck have a full game finally. He helps out heaps in defense and thats exactly the stability we need.
Agree with you. He's the safe option until we find our feet. Mkhi on the right with Bellerin is asking for trouble. Özil Auba and Lacazette with Bellerin more free to overlap and go forward is still extremely potent, and if my preferred 2 of Guendouzi and Torreira start we'd have plenty of able passers to be able to sacrifice a Mkhi/Iwobi on the right

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Even with his offensive performance I think purely as an RB today Bellerin was rubbish. His speed won't bail him out for much longer.

Well said. He hasn't the tactical nous nor the positional sense to know where to press & where to make a pass.

These things can't be learnt well enough to make him effective for us in the long term.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm getting worried about Auba. He is a great attacker but he needs a goal quick to get back to his best. I love Welbz however! Such a composed player & finisher. Imo we cannot let him go. We looked so much better with Laca & Torreira on.

Wish one of the analytics kids could tell us what our xG Against/90 is with Torreira on the pitch and with Torreira off.

We seem slightly more stable with him on, which is no surprise really. Just wonder if the data supports it...

Alkane

3 Points gives some breathing space, but 3 weeks on and I haven't seen much improvement in our performances and Emery still doesn't seem sure about his first team with all the chopping and changing game to game and at half times. Can't continue like this for much longer surely, gotta pick and stick with his first team.

I've noticed him getting animated on the touchlines a lot when we've reverted back to the passing sideways/backwards across the back 4. Few instances where he's gestured to move it forward.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The negativity on here from some is quite staggering. Did you seriously expect there to be no growing pains?

You won 3-1 as a result of your manager tinkering with the lineup at half-time. Expecting there to be a set-in-stone starting XI that runs like a well-oiled machine 3 games into the season after your first managerial change in two decades is.. I'm sorry, it's naive at best.

Emery obviously isn't flawless but he's inherited an uneven squad and didn't get much backing in his first window. He's been given the task of basically rewriting the thought patterns of players who've only known one way to play football for years.

We spent more than you this summer. Some of you guys' perspectives are completely off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
-------Torreira - Xhaka
Mkhi ----- Özil ------ Auba
------------ Laca

How about that? Torreira's got to start, he makes us more solid, simple as that.
Mkhi and bellerin just doesn't seem to work for me defensively bellerin look he forgot how to defend and Mkhi don't offer much help defensively you can notice man city Chelsea and today Westham most attack coming from our right side

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Auba seems to get more chances from the wing with Lacazette up top than he does as CF.
Because Laca actually has great link up play which is so underrated by some on here.

In another team with a better midfield he could be lone up top. This team is not Arsenal though. There is also way less space to exploit in PL as opposed to Bundesliga. Except if you are playing Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom