• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
I didn't think you were blaming him, I was just saying I don't blame him either.
Ok cool, you know what though I think Özil does need a break from football to get his head together atm. I wouldn't blame him for that either in the circumstances and given how he's performing for Arsenal I'd prefer it for his sake and the clubs.
Regardless of the money he wouldn't be the first and he wouldn't be the last, an injury physically is not really different to an injury mentally and regardless of his own personal contribution to the situation (rightly or wrongly) he's probably not had an easy few months.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've written about Özil before being a complex character, possibly on the autistic spectrum and how people labelled a genius, which he has been throughout his career, are often vulnerable to mental illness. You only have to look at the number of actors, pop-stars, comedians etc who were labelled a genius but suffered from mental illness. I dont think Özil has been mentally well for some time and it has effected his game.

If it is the case I hope the club help him as much as possible, they certainly would when Wenger was here but we have had many changes, hopefully we are still a compassionate club.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
AM speculating about mental illness and autism
Meanwhile at casa Özil:
ShamelessAmazingAmericanquarterhorse-max-1mb.gif

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Look I'm not saying he has a mental illness. :lol: It's more just to say especially footballers, there's only so much they can take before it takes it's toll. I wouldn't be surprised if more professional sports players start to come out about it.

I'd assume Özil's probably just got a niggle, but it's always good to look at different aspects and make people more aware.

I do feel strongly about mental health though and I wish it was addressed more often in sport.

@American_Gooner

Lazaq

Swedish TV talking about Özil not playing because he and Emery has fallen out. This after Özil being taken off last weekend. Anyone know more?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If it's true, and I have big doubts it is, I guess we've got 5 days to find a buyer for him :lol:

Only reason I think there might be any chance of the story being real, it's because didn't the same **** happen when Ancelotti took over at Real? He got taken off or benched one game and that's all she wrote for him. Maybe he doesn't handle change that well. Who knows?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I hope it’s true. There’s no reason why an unsigned rugby player should play in his position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom