• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | August 25th | KO: 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmaduke

I agree, Bellerin is incredibly bad in defence, but you can't argue with his attacking impact. I'd feel so much safer with Lichtsteiner, but would he produce in attack like Bellerin?
West Ham were unlucky to not score another and Bellerin was getting really exposed. The one short-term solution if we persist with him on the right is to put Welbeck on the right to provide proper cover when he decides to bombard his way up (although I'd much rather just see Lich for a couple games until our defense and game settles a bit more)

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I've noticed this before:
Untitled.jpg

Walcott has an easy ball on for Özil but Ramsey thinks he's the better option

Untitled2.jpg

This one is my favourite because Alexis has rounded the keeper and literally all he has to do is shoot it into an empty net but Ramsey is still screaming for the ball
I knew exactly what you were talking about. I’ve mentioned it before lol
The man has no shame. Wish he would’ve stuck with rugby tbh

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

To add onto that, Monreal and Lichtenstiener great examples of intelligent defenders. I find it odd why after so many years his tactical game hasn't matured.

The kid obviously has loads of potential but I kind of hope he gets benched for some stretch by Lich so he becomes more aware of what he needs to be really working on.

He has plenty of potential but he's been given a a wide comfort zone which I feel has impacted his development.

I hope we can sell him on to Barca. Should he fulfill his potential good for him, should he not at least he'll be able to coast in a team where his mistakes, similarly glaring as they might be here, won't be as costly.

We can't afford to give him chances to impress, he's passed the age where he can be given the benefit of the doubt that comes with being a prospect.

morpho

Established Member
Its obvious to say that the players suffer from settling in a different system. They pass too often to runs that never comes, hold the ball way too long which tells me they dont have the intuitive knowledge yet. It will come, Im sure. On a side note Im over the moon by his substitutions. Been spot on both player and timing all these three matches. His starting 11 is a different matter though. But then again, that show hes not afraid to admitt mistakes, right? ;)

Reactions: Jae

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our next game after international break? It should be perfect time to get Torreira Leno and Laca start.

Torreira xhaka
Iwobi Özil Auba
Laca
Or
Torreira Ramsey Xhaka/Matteo
Özil auba
Laca

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
West Ham were unlucky to not score another and Bellerin was getting really exposed. The one short-term solution if we persist with him on the right is to put Welbeck on the right to provide proper cover when he decides to bombard his way up (although I'd much rather just see Lich for a couple games until our defense and game settles a bit more)

I agree, but he's provided two assists today. Can't argue with that. Our attack is clearly reliant on pull-backs from the touchline, and he's good at that.

I really don't know what to do with Bellerin.

Jae

3 points and get out of dodge. Getting the first win under a new manager is always a psychological hurdle.
But one thing's clear for me is that we need some recruiting in January. Can't wait till the summer. Some of these players are really not suited to the way Emery wants us to play.

New CB to replace Mustafi and I think Ramsey will probably be shipped out if he hasn't signed by then.

We also need a RW, although I'd actually quite like to see Bellerin play there with Lich behind him

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I knew exactly what you were talking about. I’ve mentioned it before lol
The man has no shame. Wish he would’ve stuck with rugby tbh

When it happened I couldnt comprehend what happened:confused:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Why would I not be?

Torreira coming on provided the defensive security which enabled him to put his foot on the ball and play us into the game.

Under those circumstances, I would agree. He looked good when given the space to perform.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I agree, Bellerin is incredibly bad in defence, but you can't argue with his attacking impact. I'd feel so much safer with Lichtsteiner, but would he produce in attack like Bellerin?
What Bellerin does right in offense is just to cancel what he does bad in defense.
Would you rather someone safe all around or someone who constantly makes mistakes that may lead to goals and then possibly contribute with an assist?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Our next game after international break? It should be perfect time to get Torreira Leno and Laca start.

Torreira xhaka
Iwobi Özil Auba
Laca
Or
Torreira Ramsey Xhaka/Matteo
Özil auba
Laca

Cardiff next week then the break.

Marmaduke

I agree, but he's provided two assists today. Can't argue with that. Our attack is clearly reliant on pull-backs from the touchline, and he's good at that.

I really don't know what to do with Bellerin.
Scoring/Assisting often masks destructive play, Sanchez's last season with us is a perfect example; sure he scored and ran around a bit, but all the possession he turned over and passes he demanded made us a very lopsided team (thankfully he is continuing this at United).

I'm not saying Bellerin is that detrimental but him and Mikh on the same flank makes me way too uneasy. Top 6 teams will have field days.

Marmaduke

Cech would have never saved that Ramsey shot, the one he conceded was easier to save.
And Fabianski would have definitely conceded another type of soft shot... Cech has been performing well and I think 95% of posters here haven't ever followed Leno to make a real opinion on his qualities vs. this or that.

Jae

That's mean likely Unai will go with same line up but I hope laca and Torreira starts

He has to start Lacazette - Cardiff will look to hurt us with set pieces and then sit back and defend for their lives. We need his link up play to create chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom