• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skip spence

Haters running riot here as per usual.

Aaron is our best midfielder and a top three player overall.

But he needs to be sold and replaced with someone much better???

tenor.gif

KeTR1f

avalonhse

Haters running riot here as per usual.

Aaron is our best midfielder and a top three player overall.

But he needs to be sold and replaced with someone much better???

tenor.gif

KeTR1f

Ask you the same question: Do you agree to give Ramsey 300k/week? (his current 110k).

Ramsey lovers always avoid that critical fact: Arsenal ALWAYS wants to keep him, we just dont agree his wage demand. Ramsey uses his contract term to negotiate his wage.

Saying Arsenal wants to sell Ramsey is stupid.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
After watching years of Ramsey, how can some people still trust his stats regardless of his poor performance on the pitch?

If there are stats that measure his mistakes, he would be our top mistakes making player. And he would certainly be one of the top in the league.

Ramsey made so many mistakes in every single game he played.

It’s easy for the opponent to get the ball off him, his close control is ****. What even worse is, he never stop trying to run with the ball.
And unless there is a space and he is running towards that space, you know he would be stopped by a defender quite easily. His technique on the ball is just poor and I haven’t even mentioned his poor touch that constantly give away possession.

He always makes the wrong decision. For example, when our team is not in shape with a lot of holes at our back, what do you think ramsey would do? He dribble with the ball when there’s no teammate behind him protecting the back line, well ****ing done.
And why even dribble in the middle of the pitch? when first, he is bad at it, and second, there’s an unmarked player a yard next to him? How dumb can he be?

And let’s talk about his ball watching ability, standing in the opponent box when we need our team to defend. Does he think he is a ****ing striker or what? He might do a tackle in front of the half way line from time to time, but what is the use of that? Where is his defensive positioning? What is in his mind? If we let in a goal and he was not ****ing near the ball, then he will not be blamed?

At times our attacking players are being marked and we should go for a slow build up, the next second he plays a quick long pass and give away possession.
However, when there are space for us to do a quick counter, he slowed down the play.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
sad times in the forum.
we will see you again at mid season when the purple patch discussion activates
if he stays he is going to be the best player of the season, again.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
sad times in the forum.

Winning a popularity contest (i.e., fan vote) doesn't mean Ramsey IS the best player of the season. It just shows that fans are seduced by goals and overlook his lack of creativity and other limitations. He's not a bad player, but he's far from really being a top player.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
After watching years of Ramsey, how can some people still trust his stats regardless of his poor performance on the pitch?

If there are stats that measure his mistakes, he would be our top mistakes making player. And he would certainly be one of the top in the league.
He actually has a negative possession score on that squawka website...
Not sure it answers your question but I think that’s the closest thing

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
sad times in the forum.
Even if he score goals, his goal would be outweighed by his negative impact on the game.
Unless he cut out his mistakes, improve his techniques, skills, touch, decision making, football iq, positioning and start to play like a proper midfielder, his goals would mean nothing.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Best midfielder? Top 3 players? :lol::lol::lol:
It came to that, his fans can't compare him to any other top player outside of Arsenal without getting embarrassed so they use Elneny and Xhaka to prove their point. He is better than Elneny, give him 300k! Dear Lord...

The more I look at him, the more I feel that he should be more than happy to earn what he earns now, and not to be on the bench. Anything more than that would be just another blunder from our management.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
sad times in the forum.

I'm expecting him to hit form now.. He'll have a great season as long as he's fit, I'm confident about that.

Emery on Ramsey: "He worked for 90 minutes, he worked each moment that the team needed. His spirit & experience is very important for us. And also he is a player you can give the ball in a difficult moment because he plays with a very high personality"

As big a vote of confidence as you can get..

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'm expecting him to hit form now.. He'll have a great season as long as he's fit, I'm confident about that.

As big a vote of confidence as you can get..
What is a great season to you?

If he is able to do the below, he’d have a great season.
Unless he cut out his mistakes, improve his techniques, skills, touch, decision making, football iq, positioning and start to play like a proper midfielder......
I just don’t think he is capable.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
A negative score, wow!
If there are more of these stats, people would realise how **** he is.
A negative possession score further proves that he is not helping the team to perform.

progman07

Established Member
Özil takes free kicks and corners though. If we have 3 free kicks and 5 corners per game (not too unrealistic overall), he is bound to have 1-2 set pieces where we manage to head to ball towards goal.

I don't intend this to disagree with any opinion though. Ramsey needs to improve a lot on his decision-making on the ball, because he regularly slows down the game.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I felt he performed better yesterday. He tracked back more and put in some good tackles as well as a few decent passes. Fair play to him. I just would prefer he focused on that rather than getting forward which may be a managerial problem more than a Ramsey problem. Far too often I'm seeing him in areas you'd expect one of our 2 record signing strikers to be in while those players are on the periphery. For the team and indeed Ramsey's own effectiveness to be maximized he needs to do the dirty work first and then make late runs when possible. Too much of the opposite has been going on for too long.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Özil takes free kicks and corners though. I we have 3 free kicks and 5 corners per game (not too unrealistic overall), he is bound to have 1-2 set pieces where we manage to head to ball towards goal.

I don't intend this to disagree with any opinion though. Ramsey needs to improve A LOT on his decision-making on the ball, because he regularly slows down the game.

That's a bit of a disingenuous argument isn't it? Özil takes free kicks and corners because his delivery is exceptional. Ramsey doesn't because his delivery isn't in the same class.

It's like when we were debating the merits of Vardy over Giroud and there were people who chimed in with the fact that Vardy scored lots of PKs - yeah that's fine but he also wins the majority of the PKs due to his intelligence and sharpness in the box.

Fallout

I felt he performed better yesterday. He tracked back more and put in some good tackles as well as a few decent passes. Fair play to him. I just would prefer he focused on that rather than getting forward which may be a managerial problem more than a Ramsey problem. Far too often I'm seeing him in areas you'd expect one of our 2 record signing strikers to be in while those players on on the periphery. For the team and indeed Ramsey's own effectiveness to be maximized he needs to do the dirty work first and then make late runs when possible. Too much of the opposite has been going on for too long.
what it boils down to is he is a selfish player who has been abusing the tactical flexibility afforded to him ever since his breakout season. he's got a strikers mentality in a midfielder's body.

it's similar to bellerin's performance vs west ham. 2 assists but the right side of defense was a graveyard on counters because he was too far forward. is that really a sustainable way of playing football?

again similar to how walcott was playing when he got his big contract. a winger who would refuse to be involved in the buildup, literally hide from the ball, rarely track back, yet scores some goals because he's camping in the box the whole game. another player who took advantage of tactical flexibility to do something very selfish and basic.

we will never advance as a team until we implement some tactical rigidity and stop rewarding those who abuse their freedom. at some point people need to just do their jobs.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Wait, you seriously think possession score is the closest thing to measuring mistakes? wtf.

A negative possession score further proves that he is not helping the team to perform.

Do you know what possession score measures? And if you do explain how that says anything about a players performance. (Talking in general here, not about Ramsey).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom