• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Cardiff vs Arsenal | September 2nd | KO: 1:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I like this but with Lich in for Hector. I want to see how much we really do need Bellerin in attack. I can't shake the feeling that he's not really offering much more going forward than any decent fullback playing in our system would.
Cant see bellerin will get dropped after being assisted 3 of our 5 goals so far this season

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Cardiff will be tough to break down, we need Bellerin on the wing to at least have some width and pace out there.

blaze_of_glory

Bellerin dropped? What game were people watching yesterday or even vs Chelsea? He's crucial to our attack. Also tends to have very little help from Mkhi defensively.
Still was pulling my hair out watching him try to defend, go offside, get caught on his heels when passes played to him and take loose touches. He certainly contributes in attach but I want to see if that's down to him or how the fullbacks are used in general. Monreal was offering much the same on the left.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Bellerin dropped? What game were people watching yesterday or even vs Chelsea? He's crucial to our attack. Also tends to have very little help from Mkhi defensively.

Because Bellerin was again a libility defensively and we have a better RB on the bench.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Still was pulling my hair out watching him try to defend, go offside, get caught on his heels when passes played to him and take loose touches. He certainly contributes in attach but I want to see if that's down to him or how the fullbacks are used in general. Monreal was offering much the same on the left.

Emery loves his full-backs to attack, he almost chooses full-backs more for their offensive attributes than them being solid defenders. The space left behind by Bellerin is more due to our pressing probably not being were we want it to be as the ideal is for us to win the ball back quickly high up the pitch. Also still adamant about Mkhitaryan not doing enough to help Hector. He's contributed so much to our good attacking moments in the last couple of games that'd be crazy to drop him. Emery will have been pleased with him, I can guarantee it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
12 points dropped after leading 1-0 at Watford, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Swansea, as well as the 2 points dropped at West Brom after leading. Just those hanging onto those results alone would’ve seen the team finish 4th, ahead of Liverpool and behind Tottenham only on GD. Incredible when you think about it.

Yep, I said last week how important the next 8 games are as they will tell us far more than the games vs City & Chelsea. We were so bad last season, what you say above is a horrible reminder.

Reactions: A_G

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I hope lucas plays and take the pressure off the cbs. If we had real wingers then bellerin would be redundant imo, people seem to forget that lich is a great crosser and is postionally sound.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we are going to get Bellerin & Monreal forward so much, especially both at the same time, I feel we have to play 3 in the middle. I love Douzi but maybe Ramsey Xhaka with Torreira just behind is safer. Even against Cardiff we need to start giving our CB's more protection. Its all very well blaming Bellerins defensive game but you have to be an exceptional player to do both for 90 mins. I would go:

-----------------Cech
Bellerin Sokratis Mustafi Nacho
---------------Torreira
---------Xhaka----- Ramsey
-----Mkhi------Auba----Özil

If Özil is still out:

-----------------Cech
Bellerin Sokratis Mustafi Nacho
---------------Torreira
---------Xhaka----- Ramsey
----Mkhi-------Laca-----Auba

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Agreed, I think Bellerin has been good in all 3 games. he cant be expected to attack and defend for 90 mins, we have to play Torreira in a 3 man midfield, when the full backs bomb forward he becomes a 3rd CB by mopping up left and right.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin has been outstanding going forward, has Emery said anything regarding him defensively? From the looks of things it looks like Bellerin has been asked to get forward as much as possible, problem is the midfield not covering properly.

Asking him to be dropped is nonsense.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Not one to indulge in superstitious nonsense but every time I've left work to catch an early kickoff has seen us triumph & I can present no better example than our emphatic 5-2 thumping of Sp**s in late February 2012.

Have Torreira & Lacazette start the match & sub them off when we're sure the points are secure.

Hopefully, the scoreline is similar to when we last visited Cardiff.

3-0 to the Arsenal.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom