• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Think it's pretty clear at this point that these aren't all 'illnesses'. If it is, he has the worst immune system of any footballer in history. There was pretty much unanimous agreement that he wasn't good enough in our first two games and was probably dropped.

I don't have a problem with the sickness route our management make though. If no excuse was made there would be more hysteria and pressure from the media. But let's not act like it's all sunshine and rainbows with Özil.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We already know Emery expects Özil to work harder, he's come out and said it before but also said it about EVERY other player. Plus I thought Özil worked hard in both the City and Chelsea match compared to what we've seen before?!

Wish Özil could catch a break from the media like he catches colds!

Yeah good point , it was highlighted by the media as well :lol:. It's a quick turn around in narrative .

Tony's nose

He looks to me like a sulking baby , first sign of criticism and he's sick or crying about it.
Any decent adult would take it on the chin , roll sleeves up and get on with it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Should be OK by now, it's monday and he got 300k more. I feel sick now though, will need to work for years to earn that.

Anyway, with or without him we are on the same level so we should all just chill.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Think it's pretty clear at this point that these aren't all 'illnesses'. If it is, he has the worst immune system of any footballer in history. There was pretty much unanimous agreement that he wasn't good enough in our first two games and was probably dropped.

I don't have a problem with the sickness route our management make though. If no excuse was made there would be more hysteria and pressure from the media. But let's not act like it's all sunshine and rainbows with Özil.
Agreed. Unless he has HIV he's been awfully sick an awful lot of the time.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
this is a particulary Arsenal-esque water torture.

We beg the guys to "sign da ting" ...and then we spend the rest of our time trying to chase them out and berating them...calling them traitors, pussies, nicking a living, past-it, dinosaurs etc etc.

Happy to see at least that Theo and Jack escaped the asylum.

Preacher

Always Crying
Asked why the German gets sick so often, Wenger said: "Özil's immune system is a bit in trouble at the moment and I don't know why. I hope we can improve that medically."

Özil played the full 90 minutes in freezing temperatures in Ostersund last week, and Wenger said he trained as normal this past weekend before getting sick on Monday.

The man has sh1t immune system, that's all. Not the first and not the last human being to have this problem on the planet.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I find these situations interesting and am not surprised that players continue to wield pressure on clubs. I'm not saying this is true or not but in situations were it is true it's very rare a manager throws a player under the bus when they should.

Let's take last season. Alexis and his displays threw Wenger under the bus. Why didn't Arsène simply come out and say Alexis fought with the team captain he isn't available for selection instead of benching him or whatever.

I found it highly refreshing when Celtic were playing Aek Athens. Boyata through his agent said he was injured when truth was he was looking a move to Sevilla. Rodgers says he is fit and didn't want to play. Celtic lose two stupid goals that everyone felt would have been avoided with their best CB playing. Next home game against Hamilton the fans have a banner which says Boyata not fit to wear the shirt, he starts and scores the only goal of the game.

If Özil did walk away if we drew or worse lost that game the pressure on Emery is massive. Regardless of my own opinions on Özil he is still a unique talent and one I'd have wanted for a worse case scenario of the bench. Effectively (if true) he could have through the manager under the boss if the result went the wrong way.

Fans will forgive players if they pull on the shirt and perform a board will not forgive a manager if they fail to perform. At what point does a manager put themselves first in this kind of situation?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Next home game against Hamilton the fans have a banner which says Boyata not fit to wear the shirt, he starts and scores the only goal of the game.

Fans will forgive players if they pull on the shirt and perform a board will not forgive a manager if they fail to perform. At what point does a manager put themselves first in this kind of situation?
I hear you although I would argue that not all players will even register that banner in the stands... Pay me 350k a week and I don't really care what you think. I will care what my boss thinks though and this is where footballers need to wisen up.. And as you say, managers need to lay down the law.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Mesut is lucky that Mkhi is developing good (attacking) chemistry with Bellerin on the right and that Ramsey isn't real competition for the #10 position. Yeah he presses a lot, and wins the ball back high up sometimes too. But his inconsistent first touch, his tendency to take to many touches, his bombing into the CF role will all lead to Mesut winning the position for his own. He will be the oil to get the Arsenal machine running smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom