• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You’d think whoever manages his social media would drop that tag by now, only annoys fans.

Reactions: A_G

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
Full-time Neo-Dadaist physical comedian, part-time dasher of top-four hopes.

DlTDFCuWwAA_5Dn.jpg

>>>

DlTDGBEXsAEHE6o.jpg

DlTDGNAXcAAjAtG.jpg

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Should never have been in the position he was 1 v 1 vs Morata in the first place, that was a collective defensive error in terms of how we held the line. He probably should have done better, but it was a good turn by Morata in fairness.

Regardless I'd be more worried about how situation arose more than how well Mustafi did in trying to prevent the goal.

Yeah what were they doing holding that high line virtually in the other half ?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I wish Mustafi would just shut up. He seems scared of bring forgotten or is tyrYong to be popular but if he did a good job consistently, we'd all talk about him for the right reasons.

FEH

This guy is the main cause for panic in our defence. He exudes desperation and has no authority or calm whatsoever. Its just pointing, shouting and slide tackles. Every single game.

Sokratis comes across like a prime Maldini compared to this guy. I feel the only reason he was ever chosen over Chambers (who will also never be good enough) is due to his more aggressive style. Number 1 priority for Emery in the next transfer window is his replacement.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Don't really understand the hate this guy is getting. It's not like we have a ton of prime defenders and he stands out as being subpar. Think we haven't played good defence as a team for ages.

Bergkamp120

Mustafi was phenomenal today against Cardiff. If we criticize him when he doesn't play well then we should praise him when he puts in a performance like this. He's been very good this season--seems to have recovered his Valencia form under Emery.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Mustafi was phenomenal today against Cardiff. If we criticize him when he's doesn't play well then we should praise him when he puts in a performance like this. He's been very good this season--seems to have recovered his Valencia form under Emery.

Truly unrecognisable today. Probably his best game for Arsenal so far. Not a single mistake and was extremely dangerous in the opposition's area when we won corner kicks.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Mustafi and Sokratis have not been good CB pairing at all so far this season. Not good enough.

It's not that you're wrong. they've been shaky, but what an awful timing to point this out when they didn't put a foot wrong today! They weren't at fault for either of the goals and hardly did much wrong for the other chances Cardiff created. Our lack of defensive rigour today came from the midfield and the fullbacks. Mustafi was very likely our second best player behind Lacazette.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Hmm I dunno, I think we got lucky with a few of Cardiff's breaks today, and if any of them resulted in a goal then everyone would be pissed off.

For some reason our defenders keep backing off when we're being run at, it leaves the opposition with room to take a shot like Arnautovic last week for the first goal, I wonder if the players are being instructed to do this.

blaise

He wasnt a complete disaster today, probably because Cardiff lacks quality in front, but you could still see him in rash starts, missing totally where his player is turning.

He is just too rash and relies too much on guessing where the attacker goes. Think this is his level of opponents, relegation candidates. Hope he comes better though. Starting Holding would be a giant leap.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Great header today! I think he's doing ok and as we are not giving the CB's the protection they need, I'm not going to be too critical of either. We know they are not the best CB's in the PL yet we set up as if they are!

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Not commenting on his performance, but:

Serial winner Lichsteiner says the same, but when Mustafi says it, it's a sign of his mentality?

Don't get me wrong, I really don't like Mustafi lol, but I've noticed how we pull up our players on ridiculous things that supposedly show their mentality, like the Bellerin medal incident last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom