• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Just because City did not want him doesn't mean anything besides, Özil has played for the greatest club ever and flourished which you and your homies seem to forget and keep judging him based on his performances at Arsenal.
Can't see Real struggling too much without Özil, they did w0n 3 CL's in a row right? Maybe that's a sign that Özil wasn't so important, he was just part of a great team, just like in German NT.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I did not shift anything, all I said was playing with world class players helps, and there's no mythical about that unless you're saying our players are as good as those at City.

I have no idea what Alexis' story got to do with this but, wasn't it Guardiola himself who benched him at Barca where he was eventually kicked to the curb? What about Ibrahimovich? Does that mean he was rubbish as well just because Guardiola did not want him?

Just because City did not want him doesn't mean anything besides, Özil has played for the greatest club ever and flourished which you and your homies seem to forget and keep judging him based on his performances at Arsenal.

Oh he doesn't perform big matches blah blah, Like any good team would find it hard to nullify the only world class creator the opposition have which is exactly what happens in his case.

Like I said let's keep on thrashing him because it's trendy around the UK.
Seems to be trendy in Germany also. The whole point about Alexis (and RVP, Cesc and Nasri) before is simply they have played well in this team playing with inferior players did not prevent them from putting in top level and world class displays. The argument doesn't wash with Özil. And it doesn't wash again because he performed well enough at Bremen to earn a move to Madrid.

The facts show players in our none world class team can still put in top level performances regardless of their environment and Özil has indeed performed at a top level in a none world class team previously. It's time to start reversing the question. Is Özil currently at the level to perform for Arsenal? As opposed to are Arsenal currently at the level to allow Özil to perform...

Like Wenger previously and now Mourinho and on the pitch for Cech the game has evolved and is leaving them behind. The same is happening to Özil. More is demanded from a number 10 just as it is from a number 1.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Seems to be trendy in Germany also. The whole point about Alexis (and RVP, Cesc and Nasri) before is simply they have played well in this team playing with inferior players did not prevent them from putting in top level and world class displays. The argument doesn't wash with Özil. And it doesn't wash again because he performed well enough at Bremen to earn a move to Madrid.

The facts show players in our none world class team can still put in top level performances regardless of their environment and Özil has indeed performed at a top level in a none world class team previously. It's time to start reversing the question. Is Özil currently at the level to perform for Arsenal? As opposed to are Arsenal currently at the level to allow Özil to perform...

Like Wenger previously and now Mourinho and on the pitch for Cech the game has evolved and is leaving them behind. The same is happening to Özil. More is demanded from a number 10 just as it is from a number 1.
Bingobob asking the tough questions here.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Like I said put Özil on City and then compare them but right now it's not fair on Özil to compare to two guys who are surrounded by world class players from top to bottom.

It's only in your head that De Bruyne is better than Özil never mind being on a different level to him.

Put Özil in City and he'd be getting subbed at 60 mins each game and I doubt he'd be starting every game.

It's only in your head that De Bruyne is not better than Özil.

Jae

I think people would forgive him for not having the best game if he actually put a shift in and got stuck in with a couple of tackles. That's the bare minimum for any player in my eyes, world class or not.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Like I said put Özil on City and then compare them but right now it's not fair on Özil to compare to two guys who are surrounded by world class players from top to bottom.

It's only in your head that De Bruyne is better than Özil never mind being on a different level to him.

Sorry for jumping in on your discussion but KDB is one of the best players in the PL, I would take him over Özil any day, and I'm an Özil fan.

Jae

Sorry for jumping in on your discussion but KDB is one of the best players in the PL, I would take him over Özil any day, and I'm an Özil fan.

I don't even see how it's up for debate mate. Nobody in their right minds would take Özil or KDB.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal destroyed Özil and those who knew him and watched him before he joined us would agree.

Özil might not score a 30-35 yard screamer as that's not the type of player he is, but with the right players around him, and in the right system he would prove to be the difference time and again.

Just remember De Bruyne failed at Chelsea (No sugar coating here) while Mesut flourished under the same manager. now the tables are turned and De Bruyne finds himself playing with the right players under the right manager just like Mesut once was at Madrid, and if you do not think that helps then we have different understanding of the game.
Arsenal destroyed Özil ? What ? You guys forgot how good Özil was at Werder Bremen? if anything Mournho's Madrid ruined him and made him an impotent AMC.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Arsenal destroyed Özil and those who knew him and watched him before he joined us would agree.

Özil might not score a 30-35 yard screamer as that's not the type of player he is, but with the right players around him, and in the right system he would prove to be the difference time and again.

Just remember De Bruyne failed at Chelsea (No sugar coating here) while Mesut flourished under the same manager. now the tables are turned and De Bruyne finds himself playing with the right players under the right manager just like Mesut once was at Madrid, and if you do not think that helps then we have different understanding of the game.
IF you need ronaldo and rest of real madrid players to look Good, you are not that good to begin with.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Pretty tired of the Özil drama to be honest, as talented as he is I think it would be a weight off he we let him go.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Pretty tired of the Özil drama to be honest, as talented as he is I think it would be a weight off he we let him go.
me too - I don't see why all the doom and gloom though - either he recaptures his best form this season or we sell him next summer - or January if anyone really wants him - even if we don't get a big paycheck for him, getting his wages off our books will compensate for that, so I don't see any downside

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There is 2 sides of the argument

For me he has not met expectations and the only time he has noticeably given 100% and carried our team to an extent was in the lead up to his Xmas contract and injury last season. Apart from that he has given closer to 75% than a 100% (I think he struggles with motivational issues)

Some on the other hand, believe he is 'scapegoated' for performances And they believe he doesnt perform how he should because our team isnt good enough for him.

I understand there are types of players who still play well in a poor side (like Sanchez until his last season here), and some who need the side ticking. And Özil is one of those. But why does that make the opinion of fans who dont rate him so highly any different? If we arent getting the best out of him because of the way he is and the way we are, then we arent getting the player we expected or paid the money for. We are getting only a proportion of his overall ability.

I therefore believe that if Özil doesn't give us an entire season like the first half of last, he should be sold and I would personally drive him to the airport so that we can move on and be united as a fanbase again

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Haven't had time to catch up on this thread but Tim Stillman on the Arsenal Vision podcast spoke about the Brazilian "reporter" (he isn't really a reporter, mainly creates video content for ESPN Brasil). He knows him quite well and has no reason to doubt the veracity of his claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom