• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Cardiff vs Arsenal | September 2nd | KO: 1:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Watching other teams around us, we can definitely get top four this year under Emery. We just have to beat the teams like Cardiff. No messing about.

I don't know. United haven't started well, but what about the rest? They have been amazing in all honesty, we do have 4 teams that have started much better than us. Sarri in particular I would never expect to do so well. It's still early days though, we need to see more and I trust Emery, but I just don't understand how you can say that at this point. If we are to go by the evidence, it doesn't look too good yet.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I don't know. United haven't started well, but what about the rest? They have been amazing in all honesty, we do have 4 teams that have started much better than us. Sarri in particular I would never expect to do so well. It's still early days though, we need to see more and I trust Emery, but I just don't understand how you can say that at this point. If we are to go by the evidence, it doesn't look too good yet.

We played City and Chelsea. We just have to take maximum points from the next few games.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
How can you say you can't trust Emery on his team selection, as if there exists a perfect team selection that Emery is mistakenly not choosing? None of us know our best team or formation, this is all new to us and it's new to Emery.

As for stuff like not starting Torreira or Leno or Lacazette yet, there are many things going on behind the scenes which we just don't know about. Maybe Torreira & Leno are just taking time to settle, maybe he's just figuring out what he can do with Lacazette and Aubameyang.

We're learning on the job here.
That’s the point. He’s trying out things he should’ve already known wouldn’t work. Metteo/Granit playing together in a 2, Ramsey in AM, and to a certain extent playing Auba as a lone striker when Laca is available. I don’t even want to comment on the Leno/Torreira situation. Doing stuff like this might be beneficial on the long run but I’m strictly talking about the Cardiff game here.

If we see another Matteo/Granit pivot, Ramsey @10 and Auba up front then I have my doubts about us coming home with three points.

So far his team selections hasn’t been great as you can see from the how we’ve been playing and the impact from his subs. I don’t think it’s unfair to have my doubts about it. But we’ll see, I hope I’m wrong.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He came here like a month ago. Judge him in May
I’m not judging him. Just my thoughts after the first few games.
Hes still finding his best 11 to not trust him at this stage is crazy!
if he was as well informed about every player in our team as Ivan made him out to be in his interview then he wouldn’t have made some of the choices he has made in the last couple of matches. I just thought he knew better already but maybe I’m wrong.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
That’s the point. He’s trying out things he should’ve already known wouldn’t work. Metteo/Granit playing together in a 2, Ramsey in AM, and to a certain extent playing Auba as a lone striker when Laca is available. I don’t even want to comment on the Leno/Torreira situation. Doing stuff like this might be beneficial on the long run but I’m strictly talking about the Cardiff game here.

If we see another Matteo/Granit pivot, Ramsey @10 and Auba up front then I have my doubts about us coming home with three points.

So far his team selections hasn’t been great as you can see from the how we’ve been playing and the impact from his subs. I don’t think it’s unfair to have my doubts about it. But we’ll see, I hope I’m wrong.

How can he know if something will work or not unless he tries it? Yes he knows what the players did last season here or elsewhere, but that was under a different coach. You're expecting too much too soon. It's not like he's tried to play Iwobi as a DM, everything he's tried has had a logic to it even if it hasn't worked. He's not an eejit.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
How can he know if something will work or not unless he tries it? Yes he knows what the players did last season here or elsewhere, but that was under a different coach. You're expecting too much too soon. It's not like he's tried to play Iwobi as a DM, everything he's tried has had a logic to it even if it hasn't worked. He's not an eejit.
You have to be one to play Ramsey in AM while Mkhi/Iwobi and even Nelson are available unfortunately. Somethings are just clear as day

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Liverpool have played West Ham and Palace. Not exactly huge competition although one could argue Palace have done damage to them inrecent times.
Chelsea have played us and Huddersfield. One tough one, one not so tough one.
United played Leicester and Sp**s, both at Old Trafford. Got punsihed by Sp**s.
City played us and then Wolves. Beating us but dropping points to wolves..
Sp**s have played Newcastle and United. Winning both.

We played City and Chelsea. We just have to take maximum points from the next few games.
this...

Jae

I can't see United getting into the top four. In typical Mourinho fashion his team has hit the self destruct button and the season has barely even started. He'll be gone by Christmas.

Sp**s are nailed on for top 4. They've got a decent(ish) squad who've all been playing together for a long time and a good manager. The only thing that may scupper them is injuries to key players.

Chelsea are the ones we're going to have to pip to 4th. If they can keep Hazard fit they've got a chance, they look pretty ordinary without him in the team.

I honestly think whoever goes furthest out of us and Chelsea in the EL will be the ones who miss out. Both our squads are quite thin.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think its fair to say that most fans want to see Torreira start, we need that extra protection for the defence. Personally I would like 3 in midfield and play 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1. If Torrira doesn't start this game I will start to question Emery's selection. Yes its only 3 games and 2 against top clubs but its clear we have problems in defence with the full backs being asked to bomb forward, why would you persist with only 2 in the middle!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I honestly think whoever goes furthest out of us and Chelsea in the EL will be the ones who miss out. Both our squads are quite thin.
I would say our squad is quite big although we don't have any special players in it. Difference between us and Chelsea is Hazard, and as you have said, Chelsea could drop be out of top 4 if something happens to him and we would have a chance to get it since Man United is in free fall.

For this game, I would like to see Özil instead of Ramsey and Lacazette instead of Iwobi. We should add more quality to our attack because last game wasn't that convincing for me. It may be too harsh on Iwobi because he is a in decent form but Lacazete is crucial for our attack

Reactions: Jae

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

To be fair does actually look a bit ill. But then he kinda always looks a bit ill, so who the f*ck knows.

cannonade

Established Member
Hope Özil’s fit for Cardiff and plays a blinder.

Cech
Bell Hold Socra Mon
Ramsey Lucas
Micki Özil Auba
Laca

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I can't see United getting into the top four. In typical Mourinho fashion his team has hit the self destruct button and the season has barely even started. He'll be gone by Christmas.

Sp**s are nailed on for top 4. They've got a decent(ish) squad who've all been playing together for a long time and a good manager. The only thing that may scupper them is injuries to key players.

Chelsea are the ones we're going to have to pip to 4th. If they can keep Hazard fit they've got a chance, they look pretty ordinary without him in the team.

I think Arsenal could definitely have some advantages over Chelsea. Sarri's teams are quite slick offensively, but this Chelsea team doesn't seem to have a really top goalscorer like all the other top 6 clubs. That could be a problem for them over the course of the season if Morata doesn't take a big step forward. Also, Sarri's Napoli teams tended toward the chaotic defensively. Maybe that will be different with Chelsea, but it's unlikely they'll have the same defensive stability. Their wingbacks need to adjust to being fullbacks in the new back 4. Also, as promising as Kepa Arrizabalaga is, he's no Courtois. So if Emery can make Arsenal more stable at the back (he's at least working on it), that might wipe out a big advantage Chelsea has had in recent years.

As for Sp**s, they're off to a good start. No doubt about it. But they haven't always been consistent. They can look like a million bucks (or quid in this case) in stretches and then start dropping points. They did nothing to improve themselves over the summer. So I think Arsenal can certainly give them a run. And if Kane were to be injured and out for any length of time, they would still be a good team but just not the same.

Jae

I think Arsenal could definitely have some advantages over Chelsea. Sarri's teams are quite slick offensively, but this Chelsea team doesn't seem to have a really top goalscorer like all the other top 6 clubs. That could be a problem for them over the course of the season if Morata doesn't take a big step forward. Also, Sarri's Napoli teams tended toward the chaotic defensively. Maybe that will be different with Chelsea, but it's unlikely they'll have the same defensive stability. Their wingbacks need to adjust to being fullbacks in the new back 4. Also, as promising as Kepa Arrizabalaga is, he's no Courtois. So if Emery can make Arsenal more stable at the back (he's at least working on it), that might wipe out a big advantage Chelsea has had in recent years.

As for Sp**s, they're off to a good start. No doubt about it. But they haven't always been consistent. They can look like a million bucks (or quid in this case) in stretches and then start dropping points. They did nothing to improve themselves over the summer. So I think Arsenal can certainly give them a run. And if Kane were to be injured and out for any length of time, they would still be a good team but just not the same.

Fair enough buddy! Can't say I'm overly familiar with Sarri and his Napoli team so I will take your word for it, I'm judging them solely on personnel.

Yeah I agree re Sp**s mate, I feel like player for player (1st 11) they've got the beating on us though in most positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom