• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Kit Thread: Adidas Deal Rumoured

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We seem to have substantially increased our income for next season with an extra £40m from Visit Rwanda and Adidas.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Forget the extra cash injection - I'm absolutely stoked to have Adidas as our kit provider next season. Looking forward to some really good merchandise.

Regarding the extra cash, it's obvious that our deal will have serious incentives for us to reach the CL.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It still hurts my eyes when I see pictures of Cazorla in that tight Puma kit (away). It even looked bad on Giroud sometimes even though he is some kind of a model. And this is photo shooting environment, you could imagine how he looked relaxed :)
media-23299.jpg

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Would it not maybe depend on Champions League status? So 45m if we're in Europa League, but closer to 60m if we're in the Champions League. It'd be fair enough really, if you're Adidas why would you give out one of the biggest deals so far in Europe to a club who isn't in the top tier competition?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Would it not maybe depend on Champions League status? So 45m if we're in Europa League, but closer to 60m if we're in the Champions League. It'd be fair enough really, if you're Adidas why would you give out one of the biggest deals so far in Europe to a club who isn't in the top tier competition?
PL is a top tier competition. I find CL quite boring, you have 6 group stage games against some trash clubs from Moldavia, Bulgaria or whatever, then you get to last 16 where you could drop out of it. The only games I'm interested as a neutral would be semi finals and finals .In PL you have 6 top teams so that means 10 big games in a year (per big club) which is more than you would get in CL. Even the games against Everton and similar level clubs are fun to watch.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
PL is a top tier competition. I find CL quite boring, you have 6 group stage games against some trash clubs from Moldavia, Bulgaria or whatever, then you get to last 16 where you could drop out of it. The only games I'm interested as a neutral would be semi finals and finals .In PL you have 6 top teams so that means 10 big games in a year (per big club) which is more than you would get in CL. Even the games against Everton and similar level clubs are fun to watch.

Huh? I appreciate your opinion, but i'm not sure Adidas will base their commercial deals on your personal feelings towards the PL or Champions League. Whether you find it boring or not, the Champions League is the elite club cup competition in the world with huge global exposure, so it's fully reasonable to pay more or less depending on whether you're in it or not.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Whether you find it boring or not, the Champions League is the elite club cup competition in the world with huge global exposure, so it's fully reasonable to pay more or less depending on whether you're in it or not
Maybe I didn't express myself properly, what I'm saying is that CL is elite competition, but so is PL .CL really starts after the group stage so you need to go to the end to really give your sponsors some benefits, while in PL you will have these big games no matter what. I would say my opinion is backed up by huge TV deal and sponsorship money for top PL teams.

But this deal with or without CL could be the truth if you take into account that it's hard to get into top 4 in PL.

I'm just glad that we got rid of these horrible Puma shirts, having 15 mil more or less doesn't make much difference these days.

Top Bottom