• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Cardiff vs Arsenal | September 2nd | KO: 1:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I'm starting to think I don't like Emery. Bellerin and Cech starting, our defense is a shambles, passing is inconsistent af and the general feeling is of square pegs in round holes.

hm...I was happy to get Emery instead of Arteta or some uninspiring old chap, and Unai has a great resumee, is a title winner and seems like a great guy with good football knowledge - but somehow this doesn't really seem to fit.

You can see bits of his handwirting, but this is not what I expected with a full preseason and a team with our quality. It seems awfully disjointed and unfocused, the press seems random at times, I don't really see any offensive patterns apart from the touchline - cutback thing, Cech and Bellerin unchallenged although Lichtsteiner and Leno sit on the bench.

New guys at other teams like Sarri at Chelsea, Favre at Dortmund, Kovac at Bayern etc. have seemingly been able to get their ideas across faster. And it's not so much the games against City and Chelsea that bug me, it's West Ham and now Cardiff where something seems off.

And it can't be the majority of players. Sokratis, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan have worked out for Klopp and Tuchel. Xhaka for Favre. Özil for Mourinho and Löw. The quality of the rest of the squad is mostly good.

It's still early days, but this just doesn't look like a team rejuvenated by a new coach and tactics etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom