• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He must be thinking “how the **** are you guys so quick?!”
Torreira likely reaches his top speed quicker than most of them though. Alexis had the same thing. He was never particularly fast but he reached his top speed pretty quickly.

Acceleration and agility can make you seem much quicker than you are. Whereas if you take longer to reach your top speed (Mustafi, Sokratis etc) or your agility is poor (Xhaka, Holding etc), you're gonna look pretty slow, even if you pick up a lot of steam when you get going.

Aevi

Hale End FC

He must be thinking “how the **** are you guys so quick?!”
I've always found it odd how people constantly labelled Sokratis and Mustafi as slow, I'm glad this confirms the opposite.

I'm puzzled by the Lucas thing though, he looked fairly quick to me vs Chelsea. His top speed might not be that high, but he is at least agile and accelerates quickly which is more important imo.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I've always found it odd how people constantly labelled Sokratis and Mustafi as slow, I'm glad this confirms the opposite.

I'm puzzled by the Lucas thing though, he looked fairly quick to me vs Chelsea. His top speed might not be that high, but he is at least agile and accelerates quickly which is more important imo.

Right but how often are CBs at top speed? For a CB it's how quickly you can accelerate that really matters surely, if they're running at top speed it's likely to be heading towards their own goal and the damage has already been done. As for Lucas, who's expecting him to be fast anyway? The lad's tiny, as long as he can accelerate over short distances in the middle of the park he's fine.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Really made a big difference when he came on. Some very intelligent but simple passes and great positioning sense. Was disappointed to see him lose Alonso for his goal last week. Such an uncharacteristic error from him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Really made a big difference when he came on. Some very intelligent but simple passes and great positioning sense. Was disappointed to see him lose Alonso for his goal last week. Such an uncharacteristic error from him.
Let's face it, even some of the greatest readers of the EPL game have at times needed an adjustment period. Great game today from Lucas.. He's grabbing the idea of the pace of the league..

Brilliant signing this.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Let's face it, even some of the greatest readers of the EPL game have at times needed an adjustment period. Great game today from Lucas.. He's grabbing the idea of the pace of the league..

Brilliant signing this.
you can see why he is being slowly introduced.

He's a risk right now as he gets too tight and then loses his man.

Gursha

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-agent-hints-Arsenal-star-joined-Napoli.html

To all those who said im just being negative and whiny when i said im mad the club didnt secure it before/during the world cup.

In his agent quotes he basically said that if torreria didnt say he was in advanced talks with us, he wouldve changed his destination to napoli

'But then Lucas called me and he confirmed to me that negotiations with Arsenal were too advanced for any second thoughts.'

2 things about these quotes:
1. im even more happy about torreria, so young and down to earth, still value verbal agreements and honour ( maybe even over his own development? according to his agent he was better going to napoli)

2. i was right in my worries, he wasnt a starter at first, but had he rocked the WC with back to back MOTM performances and exploded, im sure if a bigger club wouldve come and payed way more than us he might even break our negotiations, but as napoli were more or less the same level of option he chose to honour his word.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-agent-hints-Arsenal-star-joined-Napoli.html

To all those who said im just being negative and whiny when i said im mad the club didnt secure it before/during the world cup.

In his agent quotes he basically said that if torreria didnt say he was in advanced talks with us, he wouldve changed his destination to napoli

'But then Lucas called me and he confirmed to me that negotiations with Arsenal were too advanced for any second thoughts.'

2 things about these quotes:
1. im even more happy about torreria, so young and down to earth, still value verbal agreements and honour ( maybe even over his own development? according to his agent he was better going to napoli)

2. i was right in my worries, he wasnt a starter at first, but had he rocked the WC with back to back MOTM performances and exploded, im sure if a bigger club wouldve come and payed way more than us he might even break our negotiations, but as napoli were more or less the same level of option he chose to honour his word.

Even if it's true, our luck with transfers had to turn at some point. It can't go wrong 100% of the time, can it?

pikey2000

I will be so disappointed if he doesn't start on Sun. Play him in a midfield 3 to give our CB's some protection when the full backs bomb forward.

Same, said it elsewhere, play him as the dedicated DM who drops to make a back 3 when the full backs push on, would make sense if Özil is still out and it could give Ramsey the license to push on from the CM role, something like

----------Laca---------
Auba-----------Mhki-
---Douzi---Ramsey--
--------Torreira------
Mon-Sok-Musti-Bell

becoming this when we are attacking;

---------------Laca--------------
Mon---Auba-----Mhki----Bell
-----------------Ramsey---------
----------Douzi------------------
--Sokratis--Torreira--Mustafi-

He seems to have good technique and passing so not only can he break up play he can be the guy who receives the ball from the back and starts our attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom