• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Only here You can see people bashing a talent like his after 4 games he played in, 2 of which he was one of the best players on the pitch

Its both ridiculous and sad that half of our fan base doesnt have a clue about football.

The bravery and his initiative alone are to be excited about, and his skill set will be a big asett in the future

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Only here You can see people bashing a talent like his after 4 games he played in, 2 of which he was one of the best players on the pitch

Its both ridiculous and sad that half of our fan base doesnt have a clue about football.

The bravery and his initiative alone are to be excited about, and his skill set will be a big asett in the future
While defending Xhaka at the same time as well.

This isn't even a dig at Xhaka, but if it was fans who hated on everyone, it'd make sense, but it's people criticising him because he might replace Xhaka in the lineup

natural

Established Member
I only miss 2009 and 2010 Walcott coming off the bench to terrorise Barcelona's defence. Laca's edge on Walcott is that he has a football brain, Walcott's football IQ is one of the lowest I have ever seen.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I only miss 2009 and 2010 Walcott coming off the bench to terrorise Barcelona's defence. Laca's edge on Walcott is that he has a football brain, Walcott's football IQ is one of the lowest I have ever seen.
I genuinely think he lost pace and his body and brain never caught up to the fact. He was electric and with quite a lot of IQ early on. Though Laca is much better technically

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
@Cudareli
you blame people for having early opinions on Matteo, while you do the exact same.

I am not claiming that we have found our centre midfielder for the next 10 years and that he is better than international calibre players we already have on our books. I've got preliminary views on him, that are also realistic based on where he has come from. I am not making a call whether he will or will not make it after 4 games, I'm asking for patience.

The only teenager I've seen burst on the scene and command instant respect was Cesc, nobody else. He is the only player I saw a few games of went wow, this kid has it.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Our results are irrelevant. I’m strictly comparing their abilities on the pitch. He appears to have a much higher ceiling than Xhaka and I think it’s worth sticking with him for now. We won’t lose much if we do that as well. Xhaka has done just as many mistakes as him.

I’ll give him a couple of years just like we gave Xhaka to judge him but atm he looks much more promising than him.

Yeah agreed, the second half of the Chelsea game shows that we don't 'lose much' when Xhaka isn't on the field :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't see much of Cesc in Guendouzi - I see similar levels of confidence but Guendouzi doesn't quite have the artistry of Cesc. Cesc also knew how to quicken the pace with his passing - Guendouzi is a little slower to make those decisions. His comfort in possession is the factor that makes him standout compared to the other younger players and is the main reason why he doesn't look out of his depth, but a more thorough analysis of his game will show you some noticeable flaws.

As someone who enjoys seeing the fledgling players develop in our team, this doesn't present a big problem for me individually - it would be hypocritical of me to be impatient about Guendouzi when I would afford the same to the likes of AMN, Willock et al when they have off-color performances in the first XI - so I've still been quietly impressed by Guendouzi's resilience. But objectively, he's got a long way to go and he's got to work real hard on a few areas of his game.

Do I want to see him dropped? Not really, but more importantly, Emery has to find a midfield combo that works better than the one he's used so far.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Yeah agreed, the second half of the Chelsea game shows that we don't 'lose much' when Xhaka isn't on the field :lol:

You really think the introduction of Hazard and Kovacic and Emery's instructions to drop deeper didn't have any impact on the tide of the game? Only Xhaka's absence?

You can hold the view Guendouzi is a very exciting talented prospect & also the kid really has no business starting for a team chasing top four at the same time.

Aspects of the kids game at times look raw even for 19.

I agree he could use some time off now at least for us skeptics to see if Xhaka-Toreirra pivot will work as much as everybody is hoping for - and I sure hope it does. There is a determination in this kid and I don't have doubts that he will improve massively.

I don't see much of Cesc in Guendouzi - I see similar levels of confidence but Guendouzi doesn't quite have the artistry of Cesc. Cesc also knew how to quicken the pace with his passing - Guendouzi is a little slower to make those decisions. His comfort in possession is the factor that makes him standout compared to the other younger players and is the main reason why he doesn't look out of his depth, but a more thorough analysis of his game will show you some noticeable flaws.

There is the same drive and confidence. Wilshere had it also, AMN to an extent and I see it in Nketiah too.
Cesc was another level, an absolute prodigy. Made me fall in love in football again.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

As someone who enjoys seeing the fledgling players develop in our team, this doesn't present a big problem for me individually - it would be hypocritical of me to be impatient about Guendouzi when I would afford the same to the likes of AMN, Willock et al when they have off-color performances in the first XI - so I've still been quietly impressed by Guendouzi's resilience. But objectively, he's got a long way to go and he's got to work real hard on a few areas of his game.

Do I want to see him dropped? Not really, but more importantly, Emery has to find a midfield combo that works better than the one he's used so far.

Someone who speaks some sense.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I am not claiming that we have found our centre midfielder for the next 10 years and that he is better than international calibre players we already have on our books. I've got preliminary views on him, that are also realistic based on where he has come from. I am not making a call whether he will or will not make it after 4 games, I'm asking for patience.

The only teenager I've seen burst on the scene and command instant respect was Cesc, nobody else. He is the only player I saw a few games of went wow, this kid has it.

which means you were wrong most of the time as a lot of kids showed up at the big scene and went on to become special.
my point is, if someone thinks xx player is crap or is turning into superstar; let them be, respect it as long as that poster doesnt turn it personal on you. otherwise you are basically doing the same as they are, and you are calling them out for the things you do...

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
We were worse the first 35 min with him on pitch than in the 2nd half but let’s ignore that. Let’s also ignore the fact that there’s more variables that dictates the look/outcome of a match than just one player.
We played 10 min of good football with him on the pitch one time so that means he’s the better player lol :lol:

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
We played 10 min of good football with him on the pitch one time so that means he’s the better player lol

No way, 19 year old Guendouzi from the second division in France with 30 professional games under his belt and no international appearances is the better player.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Amazing isn’t it

Not really, nothing really amazes me anymore.

Not even a regular for Lorient last season and only a single assist in 18 games, yet all of a sudden good enough to be starting for Arsenal and the exact player we need to take us to the next level :lol:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Not really, nothing really amazes me anymore.

Not even a regular for Lorient last season and only a single assist in 18 games, yet all of a sudden good enough to be starting for Arsenal and the exact player we need to take us to the next level :lol:
There’s a reason why he wasn’t a regular but let’s ignore facts once again to push your Xhaka agenda.
No one has said that he’s the guy to take us to the next level but at least he looks more promising than the guy who it only took one season to take us to the next level below. Ideally we’d sell him in January and replace him with a better player. Then we don’t have to see a 19 year old from the french 2nd division outperform our “elite” “DLP” every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom