• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Laca is a joy to watch. Love his skills and passing.

What he needs to improve on imo is to be more aggressive and hold back the defenders with his arms (arm power) to create more space for himself (like Lukaku).

Strikers seldom get red card anyway so they should just be as rough as possible and antagonise the other defenders.

Last edited:

CanadianGooner1608

Interesting piece here, comparing the Aubamazette duo to other strikers partnerships in the PL (Aguero/Jesus and Lukaku/Sanchez) as well as some historic striker partnership in Arsenal's history.

Basically saying that when they play together, they tally about 2 goals per game, in the minutes played together, which is more efficient than Aguero/Jesus and almost double than what Sanchez/Lukaku have tallied.

For those of us who want to see them play together constantly, this is a great read. Here's the full article:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...of-arsenal-s-greatest-ever-duos-a3927271.html

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He's been so good since he blew those chances away to Spuds last season. I feel like he must've had a word with himself. That was a bad day at the office for him, and the signing of Auba meant even more question marks.

He's responded magnificently. It's a great feeling to have genuine elite striking options having wanted ONE top class striker for so long (I still love you, Giroud.)

Can't get bored watching that goal. No keeper is saving that. Past him before he can think. Look at Etheridge after the goal :lol:, "Wtf just happened?!"

There's A LOT of goals in this lad.

CanadianGooner1608

He's been so good since he blew those chances away to Spuds last season. I feel like he must've had a word with himself. That was a bad day at the office for him, and the signing of Auba meant even more question marks.

He's responded magnificently. It's a great feeling to have genuine elite striking options having wanted ONE top class striker for so long (I still love you, Giroud.)

Can't get bored watching that goal. No keeper is saving that. Past him before he can think. Look at Etheridge after the goal :lol:, "Wtf just happened?!"

There's A LOT of goals in this lad.

Beautiful control, beautiful turn. Magnificent goal. And also... yeah... the swag in the celebration. Perfect through and through.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Laca and PEA legitimately have the potential to tear the EPL apart.

Our team is far from perfect, but have arguably the best striking duo in the league. Only Aguero and Gabriel Jesus could be considered better than us.

And then we also have Welbeck and Nketiah behind them. Proper rotation should mean that all four of our strikers remain rested and on top form.

Laca and PEA can score goals from nothing, and this will allow Emery to get his system to work without us dropping too many points.

With these two plus Welbeck and Nketiah we have enough goals to surprise a lot of people this year.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
When Auba signed I said it would show us what Laca was made of and he has been great since. So happy to have such a great pair at the club. Looking forward to seeing what havoc they can create together(Do you hear me Emery? TOGETHER.) this season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
(Do you hear me Emery? TOGETHER.)
Part of me is almost thinking that Emery is saving this combo for later. Like some kind of sucker punch AFTER the rest of the team has clicked and purely because he has known for some time that PEA and Laca already click.
I know, I'm reaching, but I have fokol else to input at the moment.

Batman

Part of me is almost thinking that Emery is saving this combo for later. Like some kind of sucker punch AFTER the rest of the team has clicked and purely because he has known for some time that PEA and Laca already click.
It's definitely possible. On the one hand I think his willingness to experiment and his confidence that he can do so bodes well. On the other hand though, I think it's a little risky feeling like you can do that in such a tightly contested league when you're in our particular situation. I know it's a fine line though so hopefully he will be able to get the most out of his decisions.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I know it's a fine line though so hopefully he will be able to get the most out of his decisions.
Totally. A good point. Klopp still figuring out this league is a key indicator that in this fast changing sport strategies, tactics and even the mind games needed to compete must be constantly worked on but also not entirely changed. Consistency and flexibility in the balance of a team is hugely important in today's game.

Batman

Totally. A good point. Klopp still figuring out this league is a key indicator that in this fast changing sport strategies, tactics and even the mind games needed to compete must be constantly worked on but also not entirely changed. Consistency and flexibility in the balance of a team is hugely important in today's game.
For sure. And one really positive thing about Emery is how quickly he changes things when they aren't working especially with his halftime subs. I have a lot of hope that he can create something really good here. It's just the fact that the league has become so competitive compared to somewhere like Spain or France that there are very few games where you can figure things out without being punished in some way. He's doing well so far though. We could maybe have pulled a point out of the Chelsea match but other than that I think the results have been what one would expect albeit very ugly defensively.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not sure its a luxury a new manager can take with an imminent change at CEO level. He will know its a huge season now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom