• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United v Arsenal | September 15, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Sokratis Monreal
Matteo Xhaka
Mesut Ramsey Aubameyang
Lacazette​
1-2 full time
Not what I’m hoping for (first 11) but that’s how I think we’ll start. I’m thinking that Torreira will have to wait for his first start until Thursday because of that injury he picked up during the international break.
You’re all welcome

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

3 wins in a row, two away, up the might gooners!!!!

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is a reoccurring theme from our full backs. Don't push out and instead provide a nice wall to curl the ball around. Go out and make a tackle.
Yep. The irony of it is that a minute or 2 earlier, Bellerin who’s considered less adept at defending had done just that. Ended up in a corner, but it was good defending.

Arsenio Venger

Would’ve been nice to keep a clean sheet, but 3 points is 3 points. Unai Emery really has to figure out our game starts. We’re usually much better in the second half. There has to be a way to start the game Moreno focused and tighter on defence.

Cause Torreira comes in

He needs to start. Xhaka plays way better with him. We also need to start Litchtsteiner and get rid of Mustafi and I feel good

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
You know, I'm starting to think that Emery is gambling with the weaker 11 and pairing Xhaka with Gwen just so he can bring on Torreira in the second half and kill the opposition after they get tired, because he's shielding the back four and allowing Xhaka to go forward.
It's clear as day that we're playing better whenever he comes on, so as crazy as it sounds, it might be one of those situations where he's hoping we don't concede before the end of the first half.

CJJ

Established Member
That last goal was so annoying. When being 2-0 up at 90 minutes you HAVE to prioritize your ****ing defensive duties Bellerin.. Its simply not good enough and he should know better.
Hope he gets an earful and learns, allthough i doubt it.

Giroud12

Torreira, Xhaka and Sokratis very very good! Shame about the clean sheet but still - now off to enjoy Watford beating Manu!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Torreira changed the game for us i wonder what the f**k he should do more ote to start

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Again, this is exactly the sort of game in which Arsenal dropped so many points last season. Still work to do, but so far they're managing to win on the road against teams outside the top 6.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cause Torreira comes in

He needs to start. Xhaka plays way better with him. We also need to start Litchtsteiner and get rid of Mustafi and I feel good
True. I guess he has to figure out what his best midfield combo is. It’s tricky, because Doozy had a few good games, but reality’s beginning to set in. Just seems like there’s some energy missing when we start, regardless.

Alkane

Decent game. Mustafi making basic errors, hopefully Koscielny comes back in okay shape and takes a starting spot. Torreira NEEDS to start, balances our midfield and complements Xhaka better than any of our alternatives. Cech had a good game but I would like to see Leno in the team sooner rather than later, as teams know he isn't comfortable with the way we play. Think our most balanced starting XI with everyone fit is:

Leno
Bellerin-Koscielny-Sokratis-Monreal
Torreira-Xhaka
Iwobi- Özil- Aubameyang
Lacazette

LG10

Replacing mustafi will improve the defense so much. Their only chances came through him, get lascelles in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom