• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,774
  • Views 1,157,252

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Willock having fantastic start to the season. Not shying away from extra competition for positions after the arrival of Gundozy.
Keep telling people not to sleep on Joe Willock, man's a potential powerhouse in midfield. All accounts say he dominated midfield along with Charlie Gilmour.

Should also note that Tyreece John-Jules, the #9 for tonight, assisted 2 goals. I wonder what the verdict on his performance was, as he's different from Nketiah in overall style but is similarly well-rounded.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://player.arsenal.com/video/u-21s-coventry-city-highlights

Highlights of the game last night.

- Gilmour hits a worldie of a pass at one point.

- Willock looking dominant as has been the tone of his performances of late.

- I'm really impressed with Tyreece John-Jules.

- Not much highlights of Smith-Rowe considering Adrian Clarke waxed lyrical about him all evening. He took his goal well though. I do wish we had better and more comprehensive highlights of games at this level. Extended highlights should be the minimum.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bukayo Saka has real star potential. Could be an interesting youth cup campaign with him being a leading member of the attack. Versatile aswell - will be interesting to see how he breaks into the first team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Based on these highlights he seems to have formed a special bond with Smith-Rowe, which can only be a good thing!
They're very often on the same wavelength. Smith-Rowe being the central figure in the approach with Amaechi flanking him was an important duo for the Youth Cup team. Although they're different type of players, they are both good at creating and attacking space with and without the ball. It's no surprise that they have a good understanding of each other's game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

U23 game tonight. Away at Blackburn so needless to say I'm not gonna be there and theres likely to be no stream. I'll try to find one.

Amaechi is unfortunately injured still. Willock is playing tonight which means he won't be in the EL squad which is sad. He's played out of his skin for the U23s and should have merited a call up. Smith-Rowe, Nketiah and Pleguezuelo are missing so they have likely gotten the nod.

I doubt the positions are right in the line-up either. Seems like it should be:

Iliev

Olayinka Medley Ballard Bola

Gilmour Burton

Coyle Willock Saka

John-Jules

That line-up makes sense and looks a lot better. Very happy to see Trae Coyle in action again, and alongside John-Jules and Saka, both in form.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

U23 game tonight. Away at Blackburn so needless to say I'm not gonna be there and theres likely to be no stream. I'll try to find one.

Amaechi is unfortunately injured still. Willock is playing tonight which means he won't be in the EL squad which is sad. He's played out of his skin for the U23s and should have merited a call up. Smith-Rowe, Nketiah and Pleguezuelo are missing so they have likely gotten the nod.

I doubt the positions are right in the line-up either. Seems like it should be:

Iliev

Olayinka Medley Ballard Bola

Gilmour Burton

Coyle Willock Saka

John-Jules

That line-up makes sense and looks a lot better. Very happy to see Trae Coyle in action again, and alongside John-Jules and Saka, both in form.

Game ended 0-0. Not much to take away except Charlie Gilmour got sent off for kicking someone.

-------------------------------------------------------------
https://player.arsenal.com/video/u-18s-southampton-h-highlights

Sam Greenwood's goal is nice. He looks a good technician.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Damn. What happened?
My guess is a broken foot. Seemed to get it during the international break with England U18s.

Hopefully he is back early next year rather than missing the whole season. This injury leaves us quite short of wingers in the U23s. Guessing we will see more Saka there, maybe a few more Coyle appearances. Even Musah might get called up.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
For a moment I thought that was Nelson. Why do all our youth players look the same. It that hair cut a contractual requirement or something

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
For a moment I thought that was Nelson. Why do all our youth players look the same. It that hair cut a contractual requirement or something
They're actually similar players too, both attackers with pace and dribbling ability. He would have been Nelson's replacement this season but this injury is highly unfortunate. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Highlights of the Blackburn U23 game that ended 0-0:

https://player.arsenal.com/video/u23s-blackburn-highlights

- Willock again looking outstanding in the highlights package. Why wasn't he called up to the EL squad?

- Saka showing a brief moment of skill. He'll feature very prominently in the absence of Amaechi.

- Gilmour's red looked soft.

- Matt Smith is in the U23 team now! He had a good season last year, excellent passer of the ball like Robbie Burton. Nice pass that Willock should have buried in the final minutes.

Top Bottom