• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Women F.C.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
So you think Women's football is a joke?
It needs improving. If you look back at an earlier post I made , the Sp**s team had a long unbeaten run ended by being beaten 10-0. I mean, come on. There are far too many of those types of score lines. The goalkeeping standard is an absolute shambles. So yes, I think it is a bit of a joke, atm. Whether it improves remains to be seen.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It needs improving. If you look back at an earlier post I made , the Sp**s team had a long unbeaten run ended by being beaten 10-0. I mean, come on. There are far too many of those types of score lines. The goalkeeping standard is an absolute shambles. So yes, I think it is a bit of a joke, atm. Whether it improves remains to be seen.
Not challenging you Rich. I don't watch. Agree the scorelines make it look farcical though. Perhaps so far behind due to the fact that it started much later? I really have no knowledge of women's leagues.

Okay? :confused:Did someone say it isn't?

Nope I mean it just sport of two teams competing, women or men, both are serious at winning!

The big results that happen in women football used to happen in men sport too back in the day, but as teams start to invest more money in women league it will get more competitive!

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Not challenging you Rich. I don't watch. Agree the scorelines make it look farcical though. Perhaps so far behind due to the fact that it started much later? I really have no knowledge of women's leagues.
I dunno. It's not making the strides that women's cricket is though. You accept biological differences between men and women and the strength and speed will be different but really, the goalkeeping has nothing to do with that. It's just dreadful.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Nope I mean it just sport of two teams competing, women or men, both are serious at winning!

The big results that happen in women football used to happen in men sport too back in the day, but as teams start to invest more money in women league it will get more competitive!
Thanks for the answer. Unsure why the exclamation marks are necessary, as I stated, my knowledge of the women's league is non existent.
I dunno. It's not making the strides that women's cricket is though. You accept biological differences between men and women and the strength and speed will be different but really, the goalkeeping has nothing to do with that. It's just dreadful.
Not enough lasses getting down low?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Aren't we like the queens of the women's league though.

I'll admit that isn't the first time I have used the pronoun 'we' with the term 'queens'

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I suspect the scores reflect the small number of professional teams competing in women's football - I've no doubt City would put 10 past lower league teams without difficulty (coupled with conceding a couple if I use Arsenal as an example:rolleyes:)

as more teams are formed, the leagues they are in will become more reflective of their level of play, and the 10-0s will disappear

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I suspect the scores reflect the small number of professional teams competing in women's football - I've no doubt City would put 10 past lower league teams without difficulty (coupled with conceding a couple if I use Arsenal as an example:rolleyes:)

as more teams are formed, the leagues they are in will become more reflective of their level of play, and the 10-0s will disappear
Agreed. The games tend to be far tighter at the top. The standard of keeping could be better but I think with greater investment into coaching that will change.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
WOW! Brilliant from the ladies!

Anyone care for breaking down our best players and why we might be so good this year?

Montemurro is since 2017 at this club.
His first season was already very good, only one point behind City and a possible Champions League spot.

We signed Miedema 2017 and Kim Little came back 2017. She was already here from 2008-2013 and Wiki says, that she scored 81 goals in 94 games in this time. Both are very impressive so far.

Looks like they have done good work this summer too and they are getting the results for this.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom