• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Something beautifully cruel about Juve getting awarded two penalties after Ronaldo’s red :lol:

Imagine the fume in that dressing room.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
If you disagree based on that Emery needs time to adapt Özil to his style, you're in serious denial.He's still going to go missing as usual because he's not aggressive and doesn't do much when it comes to defensive duties.
You'll see if he's here in one year and we manage to buy some fast players to complement the pressing game how much of a third wheel Özil is.

I disagreed based on my opinion that Wenger had almost every single player in out squad underperforming in his final 18 months or so. I expect, and have already seen, improvement from a few of them within the season.

Then I also disagreed based on my thinking that we need a player of Özil's ilk more because we can't substitute what he offers with contributions from elsewhere. That is regardless of level of performance, I am speaking purely of style of play and type of player role here. I think most of what Fekir offers is something we can get from others in out squad, be it somewhat inferior in execution or not.

Last edited:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Just watched the replay of Ronaldo's red card offence and there was nothing to it. Shameful refereeing from Brych and I'm sure the card will be cancelled when Juve appeals.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I disagreed based on my opinion that Wenger had almost every single player in out squad underperforming in his final 18 months or so. I expect, and have already seen, improvement from a few of them within the season.

Then I also disagreed based on my thinking that we need a player of Özil's ilk more because we can't substitute what he offers with contributions from elsewhere. That is regardless of level of perdotmance, I am speaking purely about style of play and type of player role here. I think most of what Fekir offers is something we can get from others in out squad, be it somewhat inferior in execution or not.
Fair enough, mate. If you'd say that it would be a lot more inferior in execution, then I'd agree.
We have no dribblers on the wings and not enough pace either.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Yeah they got massive fines and restrictions along with a number of incidents that lead fans to mistrust UEFA as a lobby to target certain teams whilst helping the ‘establishment’ teams:

- Porto fans racially abused Balotelli and they were only fined 20K then when they came out a min late for a 2nd half city were fined 30K

- FFP rules were created just after City and PSG had bought a ton of international players and bc they couldn’t suddenly sell them, they didn’t meet the criteria so were fined €50M and had to cut their squads

- CSKA has to close their stadium due to their racist fans even tho MC fans had flew over and booked travel/acorn etc then let in CSKA fans and didn’t allow MC fans inside

- 2016 FFP then relaxed the rules when AC Milan were taken over by Chinese investors BUT they didn’t for MC and PSG bcos they were previously fined.

- 2017 CL placement seeding (and therefore allocated draw pots) changed, it used to be based on points (determined by ur success in Europe in the previous season and MC were ahead if MU, Arsenal and L’pool due to 6 consecutive yrs etc BUT THEN they decided that club history gives u points so ManU and AC Milan got mad points for previously winning it

UEFA even tried fining them for booing the anthem :)

Trust me we’d be pissed too if it was us!

We got a high seed in 2017 because we won the Europa League.

Spitula

It seems that Real does well without Ronaldo. Also for their next CL game against CSKA Moscow the bookmakers listed on betting.org favor Real with odds of 1.55 : 8.40. Even though Barcelona is favorit for winning the CL title right now I think there's still a fair chance for Madrid too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom