• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United v Arsenal | September 15, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoGooner76

Good win, I'll certainly take it. The tempo coming out for the second half was great. When we can turn on that way we are tough to handle. Must have been a good team talk at half time, especially for Ramsey who was awful in the first half.

Xhaka played well, especially once Torreira came on. I'm sure that is the plan but Emery is easing the little pit-bull into the side and the league. Good to see a goal and a smile from Özil, takes a bit of the pressure of of him.

Sokratis is a warrior. His read to come out and break up the counter was great and his play to recover from the Mustafi "slip" was great as well. I think I even saw him give Mustafi "the look" at one point before a Newcastle corner. I feel quite comfortable with him in the side. Mustafi on the other hand is awful. He seems to have no positional awareness or even awareness of the players behind him in our own area. Time and time again we see the opposition teams play balls to the far post for great chances in goal. He needs to be replaced or else we will constantly leak goals like this.

Still a process, and I trust Emery completely.

Onwards...

Keplaz

I don't think Torreira is fit enough to start. He missed pre-season and came back late. Because of the way he plays. He needs to be in peak condition. He is literally non stop. I think as he works up to that point, Emery is bringing him in during the second half, as we need him more then.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I don't think Torreira is fit enough to start. He missed pre-season and came back late. Because of the way he plays. He needs to be in peak condition. He is literally non stop. I think as he works up to that point, Emery is bringing him in during the second half, as we need him more then.
The impression I got as well, Emery wants to ease him in. Thought he was going to start against Newcastle but I think he's not far off.

D

Deleted member 98735

That last goal was so annoying. When being 2-0 up at 90 minutes you HAVE to prioritize your ****ing defensive duties Bellerin.. Its simply not good enough and he should know better.
Hope he gets an earful and learns, allthough i doubt it.

Being 2-0 up was exactly the reason why they let it in....too relaxed and comfortable. Unfortunately, this isn’t the kind of defense that can afford to relax at anytime during the game.

ptrcopp

No. Some games he was up front.

I am not arguing for Laca to be dropped. I'm saying there are games when if he isn't "dropped" Auba will have to be on the bench which for me is tactics not punishment. The team comes first, not an affinity for one player or another.

For me Auba is more of a goal-scorer than Laca. If he doesn't play up front through the middle we'll never get the best out of him. If he is played out of position it's a bit rich to say he's not playing well. No more than Laca would if he was played out wide. But if Emery's decision is that Laca starts he doesn't have to appease Auba by playing him out of position and thus harming the team's shape.

I think they can play together because when we are in possession it looks more like a two up top.
I have only seen the extended highlights but there were several good chances for both of them. Seeing them, it was a surprise neither scored.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think they can play together because when we are in possession it looks more like a two up top.
I have only seen the extended highlights but there were several good chances for both of them. Seeing them, it was a surprise neither scored.
Laca looked better up front, which is not surprising given he was playing his natural role, but he also tracked back better. They can play together but I don't think it's wise for them to start together in difficult away games.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Best defensive striker in the league

Statistically (combined tackles and interceptions) Firmino, Arnautovic, Alexis Sanchez and Jordan Ayew are all better. But he's improved in this aspect under Emery for sure.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's more or less the same players as last season. It isn't Emery that suits up against Newcastle, is it? Plus, it isn't like we blew away Cardiff and we lost against Chelsea..
What? More or less the same players as last season. Sorry but you're showing your ignorance to the nuances of the game if you truly believe anything you wrote here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom