• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Arsenal v FC Vorskla Poltava | September 20, 2018 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Because the quicker he gets his fitness levels up, the sooner he'll be starting PL games!
The reason we have been given for his not starting is not lack of fitness but tiredness. Playing more will make him even more tired surely?

As to whoever said we suck without him. If we can't beat this lot without Torreira we don't suck, we're f*****.

littleboysilva

Came here to complain about the fact that no Europa League games are going to be played on TV in the US. Just when you think soccer/football was getting bigger in the US they show a lack of regard for their consumers and more regard for money.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Came here to complain about the fact that no Europa League games are going to be played on TV in the US. Just when you think soccer/football was getting bigger in the US they show a lack of regard for their consumers and more regard for money.

Turner has moved all Europa League games except the final behind an online paywall (B/R Live). But if you don't mind Spanish commentary, you have a lot of choices (more, actually, than ever before). The Arsenal game will be on UniMas at 3 p.m. eastern. Here's Thursday's schedule for those in the U.S.:

Villareal vs. Rangers, 12:55 p.m. EDT, Univision Deportes
Sevilla vs. Standard Liege, 12:55 p.m. EDT, Galavision
PAOK vs. Chelsea, 12:55 p.m. EDT, UniMas
Arsenal vs. Vorskla, 3 p.m. EDT, UniMas
Dudelange vs. AC Milan, 3 p.m. EDT, Univision Deportes
Olympiacos vs. Real Betis, 3 p.m. EDT, Galavision

If you don't get all the Univision channels on your cable or satellite system, check the Univision Deportes website. I think every game in the tournament is available there at no cost.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The reason we have been given for his not starting is not lack of fitness but tiredness. Playing more will make him even more tired surely?

As to whoever said we suck without him. If we can't beat this lot without Torreira we don't suck, we're f*****.

I assumed the tiredness was due to lack of match fitness because he started back late. Personally I would start him and take him off at half time, assuming we are winning comfortably by then. I agree we should win without him but another 45 mins under his belt would be good for him and us.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Nice thing about Europa League is you get to hear about teams you’ve never heard about, like FC Vorskla Poltava. Are they Russian? Have to google.

Their Wikipedia page reads a bit like a political pamphlet: “All fans are patriots of Ukraine and their hometown. Many fans took part in the Ukrainian Revolution and now also fighting in eastern Ukraine. The largest group of fans is Crew of Golden Eagle.” Sounds just like your run of the mill Brexit voting Arsenal fan... ;)

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
If you don't get all the Univision channels on your cable or satellite system, check the Univision Deportes website. I think every game in the tournament is available there at no cost.
Thanks for the help @Slartibartfast. I just got Directv and can’t get UniMas without some special kind of dish or some ****. I’ll be watching surreptitiously while teaching my last class of the day on Univision Deportes. I can access some channels on my phone but I don’t let my students use theirs so I might have to bend the rules:cool:

zhaggy

Thanks for the help @Slartibartfast. I just got Directv and can’t get UniMas without some special kind of dish or some ****. I’ll be watching surreptitiously while teaching my last class of the day on Univision Deportes. I can access some channels on my phone but I don’t let my students use theirs so I might have to bend the rules:cool:

Make them all watch the game! on a big screen of course:)

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We’re on an english channel tonight? So a stream will probably be available?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Emery basically confirmed Leno in goal and some fringe players starting. This got me hoped up for ESR and Eddie but it will probably be Elneny and Welbeck.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Emery basically confirmed Leno in goal and some fringe players starting. This got me hoped up for ESR and Eddie but it will probably be Elneny and Welbeck.

Dude you just slightly ruined my hype :/

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Mate genuinely it’s a great little tournament.

Yes it’s not the CL but it’s great when you’re in a European final regardless, boosts the profile of the club and helps instill a winning culture.
What, like it did for Man Utd?

It's a dreadful competition and tonight's game will stink.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Just declare it National Phone Day and tell them to have at it. :lol:

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Mate genuinely it’s a great little tournament.

Yes it’s not the CL but it’s great when you’re in a European final regardless, boosts the profile of the club and helps instill a winning culture.
Its not a given we'll reach the final, it'll depend on when we meet Chelsea and how seriously they take the competition. And we don't know who'll parachute into this tournament from the CL. By the look of things one of PSG or Napoli might drop in. The only thing worse than being in the EL is being eliminated by the first strong team we meet in the EL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom