• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Arsenal v FC Vorskla Poltava | September 20, 2018 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
(...) Leno also need to understand in modern game top teams need keepers who are capable of the unthinkable from time to time!
What does make you think he doesn't understand though. Two shots on goal is a very small sampe size, and anyways I'm sure Leno does his best.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
When's GDeep coming back? He never gave me his phone number despite him promising. :(

With THunter and Jury both nowhere to be seen, and Hydro likely to be forced away because of the death threats we're really short on quality posters at this moment. There's like 3/4 of us trying to carry this place but it's difficult.
there there brother.
Im still here.

MaraDon

I'll not have people bashing our Mods. All three of them do a fantastic job.
highly debatable.
When you are posting just to get things moving and not 1 thing interesting comes from your posts anymore.... it gets boring. But its getting tired to an extent, everytime I get an alert that a new post is on a thread im insteresting about is a moderator (one in particular) saying something stupid to trigger someone else.

MaraDon

Great game btw, Iwobi ElNeny and Sokratis my standouts.

Nice to see our b team doing well.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Heard from several good sources that Leno wasn't considered a good shot stopper in Germany. Can't really formulate an opinion of my own because I didn't exactly go out of my way to watch him or his team (watching La Liga, Serie A and some Ligue 1 games take up enough of my time) so I don't know if this is true or not.
Your sources are wrong. While he can't be labelled world class and has ridiculous mess ups in his game, like any keeper tbh, he was never considered a bad shot stopper in Germany. If anything, his lack of control of his box was the main criticism, while his shot stopping and ball at feet play were considered his standout abilities.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Went to the game today and lost my voice... Was such a great experience even with a lot of empty seats!

Played extremely well I thought. Iwobi was easily MOTM with PEA close second. Those two goals were simply mesmerizing. Feel so assured with Leno in goal. Both the goals we conceded were very well placed shots, would be hard for most top keepers to save. His ability with the ball is so amazing! Really glad to see my boy get a start.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We had some nice linkup play, but ffs when are we going to keep a clean sheet ?
Don't think there was a worse team ever in Emirates. Even the League Cup minnows had some structure in place.

And still we conceded twice from them.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Heard from several good sources that Leno wasn't considered a good shot stopper in Germany. Can't really formulate an opinion of my own because I didn't exactly go out of my way to watch him or his team (watching La Liga, Serie A and some Ligue 1 games take up enough of my time) so I don't know if this is true or not.
:lol:

Edit: reread and realised you mentioned you weren't sure if it was true or not. You don't need to watch him to get a general idea of his overall ability as a GK. His distribution and shot stopping ability is top drawer, I feel @Toby Andrl is being polite in his response by saying that it's not exactly world class.

If you've never watched him before, it would honestly require a whole season of viewing to understand the upsides and downsides of having him. His current profile is already established - which lends to not needing to watch him, and even then shot stopping has never been a weakness. Ofcourse he will have errors, he has made some murderous mistakes before and expect them to come... Nevertheless, he will easily be one of the top 3 GKs in the league after a full season here.

Last edited:

MaraDon

We had some nice linkup play, but ffs when are we going to keep a clean sheet ?
Don't think there was a worse team ever in Emirates. Even the League Cup minnows had some structure in place.

And still we conceded twice from them.
We rotated a bit too much. but it is ok clean sheets are in our way, we are looking solid game after game, Sokratis in particular is very encouraging.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Blaze of Glory = I like him but remains the only mod to have seriously pissed me off which I've not gotten over. 7/10
American Gooner Wind up merchant 3/10
Celestis Pushover 9/10
Yousif Passive aggressive 9/10
Aevius Too often goes missing. 5/10
Blaze of Glory 8/10
American Gooner 9/10
Celestis.... I think they gave me this tagline 0/10
Yousif Nice 9/10
Aevius Pretty sure they banned me for a month once so 1/10
Coming from you guys, I'll take these as compliments.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We scored a couple of well taken goals and played some tidy football. But it's the defense again, it worries me that we have these lapses in concentration at the back. If we can't keep a clean sheet, at home, against this level of opposition with an experienced back four then what chance have we got against better sides in the Premier League?
Some of the goals we're giving away this season is ****ing criminal.
Feel the same exact way. Pretty football is nice but you have to prevent the opposition from scoring.

Attack wins you games, defense wins you titles (not to pull out that quote with the suggestion we're in a title race).

blaze_of_glory

Blaze of Glory = I like him but remains the only mod to have seriously pissed me off which I've not gotten over. 7/10
American Gooner Wind up merchant 3/10
Celestis Pushover 9/10
Yousif Passive aggressive 9/10
Aevius Too often goes missing. 5/10
:lol: When was this?

Fallout

iwobi rightfully takes a lot of compliments for this game but sokratis was out best player imo. such a beast in 1v1 situations, similar to prime koscielny. overall i'm very happy with his start to the season (after looking super unfit in preseason).

torreira was very good also. once again we started losing control of the defensive side in his absence, and i dont think it was a lack of concentration or effort from the other players either.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Sokratis, Auba and Iwobi, thumbs up.

Love Unai’s concentration and constant calculations he’s doing in his head while walking by the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom